• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V manchester united***

Alright, time to knuckle down. From this point on, we can only play with the hand we've been dealt. It would have been nice to go into the season fully prepared, but hey, can't legislate for bad luck/incompetence/scrooge-like tight-fistedness, etcetera.

Doesn't matter. The season starts here. And I damn well hope we're raring to start it on the front foot.

----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------

Trippier------------Fazio--------------------Verts------------Rose

------------------------Alli--------------------Bentaleb-------------

Lamela-----------------------Dembele-----------------------Chadli

----------------------------------Kane---------------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Mason (if fit)/Carroll, Eriksen, Coulthirst

Rationale:

-Alli: lad's done well in pre-season, looks sharp, and certainly didn't look over-awed playing against Real. He's stated in no uncertain terms that he wants to play as well. So start him, and let's see how he does.

- Dembele in the AM position: Helps us hold the ball up higher up the field, and adds physicality to the midfield three behind Kane. Won't be the most attacking selection, but hopefully that can be compensated by Alli driving from deep.

- Fazio over Alderweireld: established partnership at the club versus historical partnership that needs to be bedded in a bit. I'll go for the former against United.

Let's get some revenge for last season. COYS!

Result: 6-0 United, Schneiderlin with a hat-trick, two comically unintentional own goals and a sending off for Alli on his competitive debut, and a deliberate own goal in the 90th minute by Harry, who flips off our fans and hands in a transfer request straight after the game ends.

Lloris
Walker
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Rose
Dier
Bentaleb
Mason
Dembele
Eriksen
Kane

That's what I expect to see from pre-season.

Heart = gutsy 1-1
Head = bit too much of an ask too soon 0-2 defeat

Isn't gonna define our season though

Good that they'll be missing Schweinsteiger and De Gea tomorrow, but, they have a lot of known quality, and the addition of a couple of key players, so will prove to be a real threat. I would love to say that we will get a result... 2-2 keeps repeating in my mind, but I think it's more likely that we'll lose. I just hope that, if we do lose, that we don't go down without a battle. I want to see a good performance which will at least provide some positive signs for the season ahead, even if the result is disappointing.

----------------------------------Vorm------------------------------

Walker---------Alderweireld----------------Verts------------Rose

---------------------Dier-------------------Bentaleb---------------

------Dembele----------------Chadli-------------------Eriksen----

--------------------------------Kane-------------------------------

I can see us playing exactly how we did vs Real with Dier being used to intercept a lot of what UTD throw forward. Dembele will work diligently to provide the extra man in midfield and Eriksen will get a free role. Chadli will start more central and work in and around Kane. Lloris to be rested, Alli to come off the bench.

I'd prefer Trippier to come in for Walker, but other than that it's probably our strongest side.

I think we might just nick a win here. MoPo (and i suspect the players) would have felt badly burnt by that 3-0 defeat in March, and i feel they will want to set the record straight.
That defeat owed much more to our naivity that Manure's quality imo and i think we'll set up similarly to how we did at the Emirates last season: sit deep, stay solid, soak up and press at key moments to try and hit them on the counter.

Team:

Lloris

Walker Alderweireld Verts Rose

Bentaleb Dier

Eriksen Dembele Chadli
Kane​

Subs: Vorm, Soldado, Fazio, Wimmer, Carroll, Alli, Lamela

I think it'd be too soon to start Alli, especially after all the coverage of him 'nutting' Modric....Manure will target him straightaway. Let them do that in the last 20 mins when they're chasing the game and getting fustrated;)

1-0 to Spurs, Alderweireld

COYS!

Ever the optimist, I am going for 1-2 with Rooney scoring for them first, Ericksen to level and Kane to score a last minute winner.

I really would love us to win this one and go ahead and finish above Yoonited (effectively denying them CL), if for nothing else, at least to prove to Schneiderlingalingaling and Depay that they chose the wrong club.

I think we might just nick a win here. MoPo (and i suspect the players) would have felt badly burnt by that 3-0 defeat in March, and i feel they will want to set the record straight.
That defeat owed much more to our naivity that Manure's quality imo and i think we'll set up similarly to how we did at the Emirates last season: sit deep, stay solid, soak up and press at key moments to try and hit them on the counter.

Team:

Lloris

Walker Alderweireld Verts Rose

Bentaleb Dier

Eriksen Dembele Chadli
Kane​

Subs: Vorm, Soldado, Fazio, Wimmer, Carroll, Alli, Lamela

I think it'd be too soon to start Alli, especially after all the coverage of him 'nutting' Modric....Manure will target him straightaway. Let them do that in the last 20 mins when they're chasing the game and getting fustrated;)

1-0 to Spurs, Alderweireld

COYS!

Please don't call him that!

I have looked at all our suggested teams posted here and I don't think we are good enough, Utd have new players to bed in but home advantage gives them the edge, Pochettino said to the media this week that he still does not know Dembele`s best position ( ffs he has been manager for a year) and that is our biggest problem imo, with all the changes in personal we don't know our best team, I hope that as the season progresses Poch plays our youngsters because in 50 years of supporting Spurs I have never seen so many promising ones with the club at the same time.

I have looked at all our suggested teams posted here and I don't think we are good enough, Utd have new players to bed in but home advantage gives them the edge, Pochettino said to the media this week that he still does not know Dembele`s best position ( ffs he has been manager for a year) and that is our biggest problem imo, with all the changes in personal we don't know our best team, I hope that as the season progresses Poch plays our youngsters because in 50 years of supporting Spurs I have never seen so many promising ones with the club at the same time.

Talk about misinterpreting what he said:

'Yes, he's in my plans, Dembele. I think we need to try to provide him to show his real quality here.

'It's true the last season was difficult for him, but only was it difficult for him at Tottenham – with his national team too.

'It's for that reason we need to try to provide him the best position on the pitch or try to find the best position for him, to show the quality that he has.'

'Yes, he's in my plans, Dembele. I think we need to try to provide him to show his real quality here.

'It's true the last season was difficult for him, but only was it difficult for him at Tottenham – with his national team too.

'It's for that reason we need to try to provide him the best position on the pitch or try to find the best position for him, to show the quality that he has.'

Dembele can be one of the best players in the Lge if you find his role.

Sounds like he and Poch have had a big conversation.
Will be interesting to see where he plays.

I actually think RW is his best position, but I wonder if he'll either be the work horse with tracking back responsibilities from the front three, or the ball carrier from deep ( like Makelele was) with instructions to bring it out and lay it simply.

----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------

Trippier------------Fazio--------------------Verts------------Rose

------------------------Alli--------------------Bentaleb-------------

Lamela-----------------------Dembele-----------------------Chadli

----------------------------------Kane---------------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Mason (if fit)/Carroll, Eriksen, Coulthirst

I would play Alderweireld because I think he is a better defender and Fazio is too slow for me

I think Eriksen gives us more than Lamela

I agree with the rest of your selection

Dembele can be one of the best players in the Lge if you find his role.

Sounds like he and Poch have had a big conversation.
Will be interesting to see where he plays.

I actually think RW is his best position, but I wonder if he'll either be the work horse with tracking back responsibilities from the front three, or the ball carrier from deep ( like Makelele was) with instructions to bring it out and lay it simply.

I don't think that he has a future playing deep under Poch because his passing is too poor.

You really are a Strawman ! he said we have to find his best position which means that MP don't know where it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back