• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time to cheer up and enjoy life

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
Well, here we are...haven't signed Messi, haven't signed Ronaldo, didn't entice Bale back and haven't spunked 60 mill on some sexy time with a great single name moniker from the tropics...

But I am fine with that.
In fact nay, I am HAPPY!

It's alright you know. We are moving forwards at a decent rate.
We have a young manager with good ideas.
We have a scout who gets it.
We have a great new stadium breaking ground.
We have some superb new talent.
We haven't lost any of our marquee players.
We have the chairman onside with regards to 'patient building'.
We have a sense of both realism in where we are and where our strengths lie within the club.
Now it's time for the supporters to relax a bit, stretch a little and embrace Tottenham Hotspur 2015/16.

I will go on record right now as saying I do not think we will 'make' the Champions League.
I don't care.
I care more that we continue building a young foundation which can mature together and start hitting full stride when the stadium is built.
Don't disturb this plan, don't disturb the core players in it, and I will be fine.

We are turfing the wasters off the wage-bill and out of the club, and we are about as 'drama-free' as I remember for years (yes, there's still 3 weeks left but I am an optimist!).

We are going to have moments of blinding glory and crushing disappointment this season. I hope we can go one 90 minute step further this season and bring silverware to the cabinet again, but as much as anything, i hope upon hope our support can remember to not give in to fickle memememefememe nownownownow wantwantwantwant tossers territory, and can enjoy the season for what it will likely be. An important building block in establishing a PROPER place in the top 4 come 2018/19 which will see us there for years to come thanks to the plan, platform and foundations in place.

Something to think about too...what makes you a Spurs supporter? WHY do you love this club? It can't be for the endless trophies, truth be told there haven't been many for many years now. So it has to be because we represent style, culture, class, refinement, independence, a visionary way of going about the running of our club, a singularity that earmarks us as different to all the other vulgar moneybag tosspots out there. Our successes are mighty but even when we fail, it is fudging memorable.
Even our player failures are laced with a sub-plot (whether tragedy, comedy or avarice). Soldado? A Greek tragedy via Spain. Adebayor? A machiavellian drama of preposterous proportions. Pamela? Not yet a failure, but even in disappointment he looks so fudging cool and drops flashes of such blinding genius that he is (in many ways) the epitome of our club!We entertain even in farce!

And when it is glorious, oh crikey, it-is-glorious!
Harry Kane crackers.
Lamela rabonas.
Chadli rockets.
Eriksen free-kick exocets.
Lloris arcing wonder saves.
Nothing is done without glory at this club.

Nothing.

So remember, despite not signing Messi, despite not scoring 56 goals pre-season, this is STILL Tottenham Hotspur FC, and it is STILL EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ALWAYS LOVED (and dispaired at times)...

But it is still YOUR CLUB.

So fudging well ENJOY IT!

And COYS!

I like the cut of your jib Steff. Things could be worse, we could be supporting Wet Spam or the Goons. COYS!

This gets how many, I say teach him a lesson and move it to Transfer rumours.. immediately! The fluffy bunnies cuddling!

The last couple of seasons have been a little frustrating. Truth be told I love going to the lane to watch attractive football it is literally as simple as that. Last coue of seasons it's not been that attractive let's be honest. All I wish regards the window is we maybe bring in a bit of pace and creativity.

I wholeheartedly concur my friend....it amazes me that some do not grasp what the master plan of levy and the club is......but perhaps we are all just made a little differently...character traits and all that.

Great post mate and sums up my feelings spot on, but you do know that there will be the usual glass is half empty fans, doom mongers who will shake their head :)

Ever the optimist and positive poster mate :)

There does need to be a dose of reality in the Sky era and we are doing things the right way. Two big positives are we have held onto important players and have blooded and will blood more young players. The latter gives me that silver lining and actually makes me enjoy the games more. I was desperate to watch the last two games knowing the likes of Alli, Onomah, Winks, etc would play.

I've mentioned this for a while now so no kneejerking - I wrote this season off too as an embedding period for the culture I believe Poch and co are looking to implement. I believe in his team and Levy finally finding his man - it doesn't matter to me if we are top 4 because the bigger picture will be more fruitful (imo).

The saying 'Rome wasn't built in a day' has gone over the heads of a lot of people since the internet and they need to taste a bit of reality.

As for the opening game and LVG - what a total farce, what would he have done at Spurs had we got him? Used his 'experience' of spending copious amounts of cash???

hahahaha, trust me, I believe there will be some slaggings hahahaha!

You are a shameless Like fluffy bunnies cuddling my friend ;)

BTW do you only do OMTs for clubs with the ugliest manager in the league? Just wondering after your Fat Sam thing :cool:

Back