• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Real Madrid OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the result Billy its the usual muddled performance !

It's a bloody friendly a few days before the season starts - should we have gone at them hammer and tong? Benitez set his side up as solid as he was always does, and, you know, they've got some pretty decent footballers that Real Madrid - how anyone can keep a straight face whilst damning that performance is beyond me - I feel like someone forgot to let me in on the joke and you're actually all doing a parody of the myopic we're fudging brick gonad*s we get sporadically throughout the season on here

Ever since Ramos, I couldn't give less of a phuck about pre-season. As long as they get ft and don't get hurt, all the results and even the performances are pretty meaningless.

at least we kept the score down and it appears we didnt pick up any injuries.

Tbh mate you sound like me two seasons ago. I too was aghast at our transfer policy, the lack of quality on the pitch and the general drop in standard from modric and bale to this lot.

Thing is, even since then, football has changed. The strangle hold of the CL on football is even tighter now. The way forward has been set in stone not by the CL as such but by the players, their wage demands and their obsession with being part of an established CL club. Players nowadays do not want to be involved in building a club, they need to be there now!

Sadly we are not this type of club and as such need to conduct our business in a very different way. Long gone are the days of buying big names like Juergen or berbatov.

My advice is to lower the expectation. All I want now is to go to whl and enjoy a win and watch some goals. Doesn't always happen but when it does it's happy times!

Ever since Ramos, I couldn't give less of a phuck about pre-season. As long as they get ft and don't get hurt, all the results and even the performances are pretty meaningless.

Ditto. I'll start to worry if we get pumped again by United on Saturday, but pre season is totally meaningless. Even if we won 8-0 I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

It's a bloody friendly a few days before the season starts - should we have gone at them hammer and tong? Benitez set his side up as solid as he was always does, and, you know, they've got some pretty decent footballers that Real Madrid - how anyone can keep a straight face whilst damning that performance is beyond me - I feel like someone forgot to let me in on the joke and you're actually all doing a parody of the myopic we're ****ing **** *******s we get sporadically throughout the season on here

See what you think after Saturday, I suppose you will say "what did you expect from Utd away", our lack of creativity is alarming and calling people who think this tossers don't change that fact, hammer and Tongs, Walker,Rose and Kane all put a good shift in which suggests they wont start tomorrow, but I suppose opinions don't count its down to who shouts loudest.

See what you think after Saturday, I suppose you will say "what did you expect from Utd away", our lack of creativity is alarming and calling people who think this tossers don't change that fact, hammer and Tongs, Walker,Rose and Kane all put a good shift in which suggests they wont start tomorrow, but I suppose opinions don't count its down to who shouts loudest.

You've misread me if you think I was calling anyone a clown shoe mate.

I'm not worried about the lack of creativity shown in a friendly against a Rafa Benitez Real Madrid team , a team which I'm sure will comfortably nullify many a talented team this season, especially at this stage of preseason. You and others can worry about it if you want, after all you're right it's down to who shouts loudest and all I can hear is those complaining, me? I'll just wait and see how we play in the games that count :)

I missed the game - was at the Amsterdam Arena watching the mighty Rapid Vienna dismantle the Dutch part timers ;) (no wnder no-one has come in for Fischer yet by the way if that performance is anything to go by - shocking).

Was it as bad as everyone is making out? Or is there some unneccesary frothing at the mouth and hyperventilating going on?

Glass half full or half empty? A bunch of kids playing second half, a game which was a training game to us - keep possession, don't get hurt - we competed. Some of the quick passing and performances from the younger players was encouraging - against Real Madrid. Rose looked decent as ever. Verts, Alderweireld and Wimmer got some real game time.

I think the lack of midfield and attacking signings is simply upsetting people.

I saw the second half only, but what you do notice is how Madrid are setup to make it hard to score against them. In a way they should have Poch and us Benitez. Poch would get Madrid playing expansive football and Benitez would tighten us up and maybe make Jimmy happy :) Personally I'm in for the ride with Poch. I like the way we pass quickly. I like the way we reach for the stars. Okay we leave ourselves open, but there is a more sophisticated system there. Today you could see at times we'd drop back and defend deep with two banks of players - as Madrid were (and most other sides do). How we transition to a press from that deeper position, and vice versa, is not clear to me. But it can work. If the team are unified and alert.

My concern is that the front 4 have very little pace between them

Dembele, Chadli, Eriksen and Kane - whilst they do lack pace, all have the ability to keep hold of a football well - hopefully Alli can bring that spark of energy/pace from midfield.

I don't think we should be over critical of the team's performance or of any individuals, when it's against opposition of this calibre in a semi competitive game . We also have to remember that our first of game in the PL is just days away and this is really about getting fitness levels up and remaining injury free.

If we're to be critical , then I feel our criticisms should be aimed at those who have arranged our pre season fixtures.

As the game began, the match commentators duly informed the viewers, that the Real Madrid players would be behind Spurs in their preparations for the new season and, that Spurs would have an edge. But there were no acknowledgement that Real Madrid had actually played their first meaningful friendly on Saturday 18th July, twelve whole days before we played our MLS All Stars game. After their game against Munich tomorrow night, they will have one more friendly game, which is this Sunday against a Norwegian team. They will then have an uninterrupted fortnight on their training pitch, clear of any matches and away day traveling before their LA Liga season kick-off on the 23rd of August!

Pre season planning the proper way I'd say .

I missed the game - was at the Amsterdam Arena watching the mighty Rapid Vienna dismantle the Dutch part timers ;) (no wnder no-one has come in for Fischer yet by the way if that performance is anything to go by - shocking).

Was it as bad as everyone is making out? Or is there some unneccesary frothing at the mouth and hyperventilating going on?

Nothing wrong with the game. Both teams stood off each other for the most part and let the other team have possession. Ramos for irate at Lamela for making a tackle at the end if the first half. Ramos took down Eriksen later and Kane got in his face.
Barely anything happened in a sleepy game. Alli nutmegged a barely a sleepy Modric and Kroos.

Decent run out I thought. Some of you lot make me laugh. I've seen Real make far better teams than us look like school boys. They are on a different level in every department. We weren't embarrassed and it was a really good competitive going over.

Real took it very seriously and it is a great experience for some of the young players out there.

I also think it was a good test of some of the experimental aspects. For example, I thought Dier as a DM worked ok against All Stars but against quality opposition it's a no from me.

Also, Wimmer didn't look ready for playing such clever forward players but I think Alderweireld looked superb, he was fighting them on their own at times, very composed and assured and commanding. I think he and Verts Will start against anyone decent.

Rose had a bit of a mare, Walker dangerous going forward, suspect at the back what's new? Individual mistakes costing us again, but doubt Lloris would have let Bale's shot in.

Alli showed he already looked comfortable at that level. He already looks like our star midfielder in the making.

I know its contrary to popular opinion but can I just urge the sensible of you fans to have some patience and consider the long term goals of this club. If Pochettino can continue to do what he did last year then we are doing well. This season maybe a little bit less exciting than the heady days of the champions league but it needs to be solid if it can't be spectacular.

The stadium will obviously be a game changer for us, until then if we are to continue with this youth first policy and potentially unearthing a few gems then all the better.

I don't expect us to pull up any trees this year and to be honest I don't expect any more than 6th. A couple of signings could inject some more zest into us, but overall we'd have to do remarkably well to finish higher than 6th. I just keep reminding myself that soon we will have a 61000 seater stadium and we will be able to start affording larger wages and change the level at which we can compete.

Right now it is a golden opportunity for the likes of Kane, Alli, Bentaleb and co to become real premier league stars with us and who knows maybe surprise a few people.

I know its contrary to popular opinion but can I just urge the sensible of you fans to have some patience and consider the long term goals of this club. If Pochettino can continue to do what he did last year then we are doing well. This season maybe a little bit less exciting than the heady days of the champions league but it needs to be solid if it can't be spectacular.

The stadium will obviously be a game changer for us, until then if we are to continue with this youth first policy and potentially unearthing a few gems then all the better.

I don't expect us to pull up any trees this year and to be honest I don't expect any more than 6th. A couple of signings could inject some more zest into us, but overall we'd have to do remarkably well to finish higher than 6th. I just keep reminding myself that soon we will have a 61000 seater stadium and we will be able to start affording larger wages and change the level at which we can compete.

Right now it is a golden opportunity for the likes of Kane, Alli, Bentaleb and co to become real premier league stars with us and who knows maybe surprise a few people.

I think most people agree with that but can't help but be frustrated by the little things we get wrong. I'm very happy with Levy and am pretty happy with Pochettino.

I think most people agree with that but can't help but be frustrated by the little things we get wrong. I'm very happy with Levy and am pretty happy with Pochettino.

jon-stewart-confused-what.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back