• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Real Madrid OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
ppreflex.gif

I will say the defence looked solid enough, we passed it around nicely, but yeah, same problems, weak midfield, don't create anything... last season we relied on Kane and Eriksen scoring from nothing... Pretty irritating we haven't done anything about it yet, but I am really confident we will!!

In all seriousness both goals conceded were classic us. No pressure on the ball from the defence, giving the other attacker a free run to nod it home and then a suicidal square ball (happened a number of times last season) intercepted followed up by poor goalkeeping. I'm hoping we don't see a continuation of these mistakes this coming year. So basic, so frustrating.

We seem to be able to maintain possession reasonably well and can knock it around in a deeper position on the pitch but look extremely limited in the final 3rd. Unfortunately it seems without new signings we are going to be reliant again on being pulled out of the crapper by individuals.

Very sexy performance - the comment above could have been pulled from any game thread since...2011? On the plus side, no goals conceded from set pieces!

at least we kept the score down and it appears we didnt pick up any injuries.

Turgid, predictable, slow, with the creative three doing feck all, the onus is all on our fullbacks who try too much and get caught up field, exactly the same as last season, if Poch don't try something different he is gone by xmas, I thought all our youngsters were creditable.

LIke watching an AVB team really. Bit disappointing but I don't think we were fully committed (intentionally). Would not be surprised to see our 'B' team out for the next one.

Last edited:
Not going to comment on that performance, it was only a pre-season warm-up, but I will say I cannot believe we are approaching the start of the season with what looks like having one recognised forward.
Do what happens Saturday? Coulthirst on the bench? It's a pathetic sitaution to be in

Rant over..

I'd imagine Chadli up front tomorrow. Verts and Fazio in defence with Davies and Trippier (Yedlin to get the final 30 at RB probably). The midfield is anyones guess.

Didn't watch any of it.

From the few reports I've read, it sounds as if we didn't create much by way of threat after Lamela had an early good chance. But I also get the impression that Madrid didn't create much either and that we rather gifted them the two goals. Would that be fair?

Seeing Dier again look very awkward as a DM(not his fault) just makes it all the more frustrating that Veljkovic hasn't been given a chance there.

Didn't watch any of it.

From the few reports I've read, it sounds as if we didn't create much by way of threat after Lamela had an early good chance. But I also get the impression that Madrid didn't create much either and that we rather gifted them the two goals. Would that be fair?

Pretty much. Though Vorm did make one or two important saves.

Didn't watch any of it.

Yes it would be fair Jimmy but we don't do fair round here and we're all busy pulling our hair out because we just lost 2-0 to one of the best teams in the world in a slowed paced friendly 4 days before the season starts

Yes it would be fair Jimmy but we don't do fair round here and we're all busy pulling our hair out because we just lost 2-0 to one of the best teams in the world in a slowed paced friendly 4 days before the season starts

Its not the result Billy its the usual muddled performance !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back