• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Real Madrid OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as last season so far - we play reasonably well up until the box, where we don't seem to know what to do with the ball.
Ericksen, Dembele and Lamela are almost invisible as an attacking force, Lamela is laughable.

Our special agreement with Real Madrid probably kicks in tonight in the fact that they go easy on us and don't tonk us too much. Only explanation for only being 1-0 down at half time....

Jeez Lamela is poor really needs to be the next out the door, the only two who have looked reasonable out their is Rose and Ali so far.

On the plus side it is only 1-0 vs Real Madrid.

on the negative side there are a number of things which were a problem last season which remain:

1, The high line Poch insist on playing leaves us very vulnerable to the ball over the top - if we had a very quick CB that might compensate, but we don't.
2. Lamela still looks very poor -still think we should sell him - we could get better.
3. Kane needs much better quality around him - the link between having the ball in the middle of the pitch and looking threatening with it is missing.
4. We desperately need a deeper lying playmaker - I think Eriksen could do the same job as Modric - Poch obviously doesn't, and maybe he couldn't but we need someone.
5. We lack pace moving forward.

If some of our boys didn't have a right go at Ramos in the tunnel there then they a good look at themselves!

I have a dreadful quality stream, looked at loads and they're all bad, anyone have a good one?!

As for the game, still annoyed we're doing this so close to the league starting, I thought Poch was supposed to have insisted to go to Oz at the end of last season so we can have an awesome pre-season, it seems to be the worst planned pre season I can ever remember.... Shambles!!!!!

And Dier proving yet again he is no CM. Alli looking good. Average all round.

Oh, and was their goal some of the worst goalkeeping you've ever seen, just really amateur positioning?!?! Terrifying that lloris may be injured at the weekend...

In fact, I've never been less confident going into a season as what I am now, played things so so badly. Confident we'll be okay come setpember, but we're an absolute farce heading into Man U

*jump cut to 3pm Saturday and Spurs have won 3-0*

I have a dreadful quality stream, looked at loads and they're all bad, anyone have a good one?!

As for the game, still annoyed we're doing this so close to the league starting, I thought Poch was supposed to have insisted to go to Oz at the end of last season so we can have an awesome pre-season, it seems to be the worst planned pre season I can ever remember.... Shambles!!!!!

And Dier proving yet again he is no CM. Alli looking good. Average all round.

Oh, and was their goal some of the worst goalkeeping you've ever seen, just really amateur positioning?!?! Terrifying that lloris may be injured at the weekend...

In fact, I've never been less confident going into a season as what I am now, played things so so badly. Confident we'll be okay come setpember, but we're an absolute farce heading into Man U

*jump cut to 3pm Saturday and Spurs have won 3-0*
Serious Relegation Fears!!!!

Its really pretty grim, we look so far off them its unreal!
And Dier in that position is never going to work he is nowhere near mobile enough

It will require a lot for me to handle a full season of Poch's style ...
Me too. It might be Ok with a squad of world class players who are also super athletes. But you only need a few weak links in a high line pressing game and you are fudged. I think football tactics have already moved on/are moving on from 4-2-3-1 high line, all out pressing game, while we are still some way from perfecting it!

The players are just going through the motions, working on their fitness.

Pre-season is no indication of form or intentions.
I agree with you here and I'd prefer us to play at 50% effort and save ourselves for the start of the real stuff this weekend. That being said pre-season is an indication of quality and several of ours seem to seriously lack that (one of which we paid £26 million for!)

I'm sure we will still do Ok in the Premier, even with the squad as it stands. Although top four is probably unrealistic. Hopefully though we will improve the squad some more -and then it is just a question of getting the best out of the players we have. For Poch, though - assuming he gets the players he wants -it is make or break season.

With the exception of a very occasional change of gear, this is being played at the same kind of tempo as a training match. Which I'm sure is deliberate. So I think it's be a mistake to read much into it, or for anybody to get wound up by it.

It's still disheartening to see certain things though - Lamela had the sort of half that makes me think we should cut our losses... invisible for 43 minutes punctuated by the occasional glaring error or unnecessary foul. Our midfield is still wide open, which is annoying. But I'm half certain Pochettino is using this match to experiment with some ideas against good opposition but where the result doesn't matter - I doubt we'll be seeing Dier and Alli as our first choice CM pairing.

Speaking of Alli; he's been the high point of the half. Looks proper good. Kane's been invisible; but hardly his fault.

Poch not happy with that goal. Throwing his bottle of water. Probably at the lack of pressure. But also that Wimmer and Alderweireld are nowhere to be see and Rose is having to cover in and Dier is the next closest player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back