• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Chelsea's defence is bloody impressive though, watch the way the back 4 move, it's like they on rails

the back 4 are all good players no doubt. but i dont think theyre anything super special (compared to the back 4 of other comparable teams). i think its their overall tactics (and the way the whole teams plays), makes the defender's jobs very easy. in most other sides, i dont think people would be talking about john terry being past it (like they were at chelsea a couple seasons back), and cahill is nothing special (would probably struggle to get into any other top side). ivanovic and azpilicueta are top class though.

The laws should probably be rewritten, because if they applied that to the letter it would seriously fudge up the game.

agree, the rules are awfully written, they could (and should) get rid of the ambiguity

touch a hand or arm, even if it's no longer connected to the body and covered in blood, penalty

you are allowed to touch the ball with your hands and arms if you don't do it on purpose

but there is the "unnatural" position issue, and i guess thats why theres a debate here. imo, cahill has used all parts of his body (including his arms/hands) to make himself as big a target as possible (like john terry so often used to do). hence i would award the penalty.

agree, the rules are awfully written, they could (and should) get rid of the ambiguity

touch a hand or arm, even if it's no longer connected to the body and covered in blood, penalty

yeah i agree here. i think football rules should try to remove ambiguity/interpretation whenever possible.

Surprised at the Man Utd result. So as predicted, I guess our recent games "weren't" dead rubbers after all. How interesting it could have been if the players/manager had actually believed it themselves. :(

Oh, and on the subject of deluded fanbases, one of my mates who is a gooner was trying to get one of my Spurs mates years ago to take the bet that Bendtner would be the top scorer in the premier league :D

Well the game has been a pile of brick but at least we have the insightful comments of Henry to look forward to after the match.

Back