• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match Ratings vs Soton

I agree with LutonSpurs.. Bentaleb had a good game ...Toss up between him and Dier for our MOTM

Lloris 7 ..... Needs to give his defenders more verbals ...Hugo's not a nutter , I like my goalies to be nutters ..

Dier 7... did all that were asked of him defensively and whipped in some decent crosses too. Two assists for big Eric, the second was slide rule delicious .
Fazio 6 ... Did reasonably well against their big forward Pelle.
Verts 6 ... Like Hugo , I'd like to see Verts give it some verbals and also encouragement to the younger players around him.
Davies 4 ... Didn't have a good game and is struggling by not being a regular.

Bentaleb 7... Usual good passing game from him and defensively better.
Mason 5 ... Good saving tackle on the edge of our box but just not involved enough for me.

Eriksen 5 ... Want more from the Dane . He needs to be a boss , show some .
Lamela 6 ... Got a fortuitous goal, but I want more efforts on goal from him
Chadli 6... Got another goal and beat their full-back superbly to whip a cross in , but as often, little else.

Kane 5 ... If only he had pace. The players around him need to do things faster to get him involved.

Dembele 6 ... With Emirates Marketing Project up next , I would much prefer to see Dembele alongside Bentaleb. I'm just more at ease with him on the pitch .

Another game where to many of our players are putting in 5 and 6 out of ten performances. If ever a team needed a Roy Keane/Edgar Davids type to come in , it's this lot!

Also, how we missed Paulinho today eh?:p

Typical Tottenham, two points dropped through arsing around in possession on a slippery surface

LLoris 7 - good work throughout including a couple of excellent saves; blameless for both their goals

Dier 7 - well-crafted cross for Lamela's goal and superb through-ball for Chadli's. Coped well enough defensively despite his CB tendency to come inside, leaving space for Soton to attack down his flank
Fazio 6 - some timely interventions but looked alarmingly ponderous at times, witness his woeful lack of challenge for Pelle's headed goal
Verts 6 - several critical clearances but got done far too easily by Mane in the debacle for Pelle's first
Davies 3 - had time to clear the danger before taking a nudge in the back from Pelle for Soton's first; left far too much space down his flank for their second. Did manage a couple of decent crosses going forward but defensively - in stark contrast to Rose - he consistently fails to impose himself

Bentaleb 6 - decent enough, some good moments
Mason 5 - calamitously farted around before slipping to help gift Soton their first; recovered well thereafter, producing a couple of tasty forward passes later in the game

Lamela 7 - for once a decent all-round game, contributing positively on the whole to our attacks and managing to give the ball away far less often than against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Not convinced his goal wasn't the result of intentional handball tbh
Eriksen 5 - has become frustratingly peripheral of late, produced a few nice touches but mostly struggled to make his passes
Chadli 6 - how to rate him? Much of the game he was anonymous but then he pops up with an equaliser to save our bacon

Kane 5 - quiet game, starved of supply, showed quality when in possession as always

Subs

Chiriches - did okay
Dembele - as ever, good in possession
Soldado n/a

Lloris - (7) - Not much wrong with his play. Nothing spectacular but he ease with the ball at his feet was a good outlet for us when they were closing on us.
Dier-(MOM)(7) - Did a good job all day, easy on the ball and tenacious in defence. Also some very good crosses. He got forward well for a Centre back playing out of position.
Davies- (2) - Damn Awful. At fault for the first goal. Never got forward to supplement the attack. Easily pushed off the ball on many occasions. head the ball straight to a Soton player to set up their second as well. Fell over.
Fazio- (6) - Organises well, and did alright for pace. But 2 or three times he was easily beaten in the air which is supposed to be his strength and he was never close enough to stop Pelle's second.
Verts- (6) - Average performance. The only time he chats is when he wants to moan. His attitude annoys me even if he is a talented player.
Mason- (5) - Tries too hard on occasion and just seems to tackle it to another opposition player instead of holding it off. No that good on the ball either today. Still his 1st season.
Benteleb- (6) - Some nice touches, some nice retention of possesion but no clinical passing and a lot of his passing is just sideways. So much so he reminded me of Vinny. And that is not a complement. Has more talent in his locker. Still his 1st season.
Chadli- (5) - Yes he scored. That is kind of the only thing he really does. His overal play has no penetration, he final ball is woeful. Just compare him to Mane to see what a wide forward should be offering.
Lamela- (5) - Scored also and put in a some effort but his contribution was minimal.
Eriksen- (6) - the off run and nice touch, but hardly in the game and looks like he has finished his season already.
Kane- (6) - Looks tired. He used to close down the opposition a lot with his work rate now he seems to be hanging more central. I hope its just the season catching up with him.

Poch: (5)
For me he got a few things wrong today. With no Rose we were going to lack width. It was the perfect game to play townsend to give us some pace and an outlet. Especially with Davies behind who never gets forward. When Davies got injured I hoped he would put Verts across who has played left back, move Dier into the Centre and then bring on Yedlin who is a real right back with pace. Be more adventurous please. I never understand why he even thinks of bringing Soldado on. He is not an impact sub player.

Lloris 6
Dier 7
Fazio 5
Vertonghen 6
Davies 4
Mason 6
Bentaleb 7
Lamela 6
Eriksen 5
Chadli 7
Kane 5

Love the technical analysis of the fault for the two goals, I just wish we could get these guys in the team, they all seem better than King.

Lloris 7
Dier 7
Fazio 6
Vertonghen 5
Davies 4
Mason 5
Bentaleb 7
Lamela 6
Eriksen 5
Chadli 7
Kane 5

Thought Bentaleb and Dier were out best players though really, no-one was outstanding.

Season is over and today looked like the players had half their mind on the beach

Cant wait til the season is over now and the transfer window opens

Lloris.6 Was partially at fault for the goal. seemed like a miscommunication thing. I expected him to come off his line.
Davies 3 Embarrassing.
Fazio 5 too slow and for a big man he is so easily beaten in the air.
Vertonghen 6 Didn't do too much wrong, but doesn't organise the defence like a top central defender.
Dier 7 Played well, I thought. Great cross for the goal.
Mason 5 Bambi on ice, not for the first time. A bit weak on the ball too.
Bentaleb 6 Meh.
Eriksen 6 See above.
Chadli 7 Well taken goal and that was all.
Lamela 7 Fluke goal, tried hard.
Kane 6 Zero service all day.

Pretty much agree with these marks and the comments too.

Poch 5. Too slow to react with his subs once again. We look vulnerable at corners from well practiced movement. Why can't we see the same when we have corners and wide set pieces?

Bentaleb was immense today for me, not sure how anyone saw it otherwise.

I suppose you didn't notice him losing Schneiderlin at their corner where he forced a good save from Lloris, or the fact that Davis consistently found the space where he and Mason should be covering?

7 - Dier, Bentaleb
6 - Rest of the team, except;
4- Mason
2 - Davies, absolute horrendous game! At fault for both goals, sloppy marking throughout the game, and invisible going forward. Vertongen did more forward runs in his few minutes at LB than Davies in the entire match.

I suppose you didn't notice him losing Schneiderlin at their corner where he forced a good save from Lloris, or the fact that Davis consistently found the space where he and Mason should be covering?
He didn't "lose" him, he was blocked off with a body check by another Soton player. Should have had a indirect free-kick for obstruction.

I agree with Bentaleb, I should have given him a 7 . He wasn't immense but he was good, he is quickly turning into one of my favourite Spurs player . Think he is going to have an absolute blistering season next year . Imagine him alongside Schneiderlein or someone good .

Except when they keep lumping it up to Benteke.
Yeah except they don't do that. They don't play back to front. They use his attributes at the right time and who wouldn't. Did you watch the city game? They didn't lump it up to him at all, and gave a better account of themselves than we do against City.

If it wasn't Sherwood in charge this wouldn't even of been discussed...

Apologies if this is a stupid question, why was there no match thread, or is it elsewhere?

Yeah except they don't do that. They don't play back to front. They use his attributes at the right time and who wouldn't. Did you watch the city game? They didn't lump it up to him at all, and gave a better account of themselves than we do against City.

If it wasn't Sherwood in charge this wouldn't even of been discussed...

That's the top of the list.

Back