• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd *** OMT

Good to get a win again.

Well done overall I thought. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are probably one of the worst teams in the league right now, but they're starting to get some players back and we were away so winning is obviously good.

Bentaleb excellent, Eriksen and Kane not far behind I thought. Back 4 did well. Good game from Paulinho too. Good goal from Chadli, and better after the goal after being almost invisible up to it. Lamela poor in the first half, better in the second. Think we look better with him in the side for sure.

Good to see some intensity and desire after some matches where we've been short on those.

Great to see Kane get his 20th! Really well done.

Good to get a win again.

Well done overall I thought. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are probably one of the worst teams in the league right now, but they're starting to get some players back and we were away so winning is obviously good.

Bentaleb excellent, Eriksen and Kane not far behind I thought. Back 4 did well. Good game from Paulinho too. Good goal from Chadli, and better after the goal after being almost invisible up to it. Lamela poor in the first half, better in the second. Think we look better with him in the side for sure.

Good to see some intensity and desire after some matches where we've been short on those.

Great to see Kane get his 20th! Really well done.

What?.. Bentaleb excellent?!? He was simply shocking. He either backed away from challenges ( see Barcodes goal as a classic example) or gave away needless free kicks with reckless challenges. He was a complete defensive liability. Further forward, he should have buried the header from Chadlis pinpoint cross. He did one thing of note all game and that was the scooped pass to Kane. Otherwise, he had a mare.

I agree with most of your other comments, except Lamela too was poor - it looks to me like he is stuck in second gear, both in thought and deed. Redeemed himself somewhat with the ball through for Kane's goal, but even here he nearly delayed too long again.

We need better players! All this bickering about who did and didn't have a good game just shows that it is all down to the viewers expectations. I thought Lamela had a good game today because he worked phenomenally hard and tried to do something unpredictable to catch out the toon defense. Some of you are saying he lost the ball too often and misplaced passes, perhaps because he was trying something different!

IMO we need better players in all 3 positions and i include Kane here. He'll be a marked man next season so need another striker who can score some goals! My worry is that Levy will not deliver again!

Excellent support today too. Can't have been easy so far from the pitch but at least you got a good view of the aeroplane. And Bentalebs shots :D

What?.. Bentaleb excellent?!? He was simply shocking. He either backed away from challenges ( see Barcodes goal as a classic example) or gave away needless free kicks with reckless challenges. He was a complete defensive liability. Further forward, he should have buried the header from Chadlis pinpoint cross. He did one thing of note all game and that was the scooped pass to Kane. Otherwise, he had a mare.

I agree with most of your other comments, except Lamela too was poor - it looks to me like he is stuck in second gear, both in thought and deed. Redeemed himself somewhat with the ball through for Kane's goal, but even here he nearly delayed too long again.

Clearly we were watching a completely different game.

not surprised that we looked more competent in attack when Lamela come in.

Besides your faith in him from his Roma days, I really don't see how people can argue this. It's been a problem position all season. We've looked both good and turbo brick when both him and Townsend have played.

Lamela consistently got caught in possession and gave the ball away. Besides the assist, he had a typical Lamela game.

Good win, but we still didn't create much against a very lackluster team.

I can think of the Bentaleb header, the lamela chance and Kane's goal (which was when they were stretched) - still lots of work to do

Actually with their goal he pulled out of hacking down a player that had got past him - would have been a certain yellow and free kick in dangerous range. There was still 5 players past him to deal with the threat.

He was solid if not spectacular.

I would keep him in at the moment at his slight dip in form is likely to teach him a lot to use when it happens again in the future

Clearly, when we play with pace and early release, we are a wonderful side to watch. The moment we slow the game down, we lose 50% of what we can do. I still think Eriksen is very very tired right now, and until he scored, Chadli was again in his shell (came out after that goal - confidence?)...Bentaleb, for me, was great today, winning a lot of possession, playing quick passes and there for the vital cover in a couple of situations. Should absolutely have buried his header, no doubt, but for me he was really good. Vertonghen also had a strong one generally-speaking, and Kane looked sharp throughout the match, some fine touches and lovely finish on the breakaway. I thought it was a labored performance at times, but these are the games where your professionalism is tested and you simply have to do the job...in fact, I would say that this is precisely the sort of 'job' we had not learned to do the last two games but which we now perhaps understand has to be done. Seeing end-of-season runabouts need three points. And we simply must keep going.

Actually with their goal he pulled out of hacking down a player that had got past him - would have been a certain yellow and free kick in dangerous range. There was still 5 players past him to deal with the threat.

He was solid if not spectacular.

I would keep him in at the moment at his slight dip in form is likely to teach him a lot to use when it happens again in the future

Has he turned 20 yet? He is absolute quality and will only get better...

Well done lads, wanted you to win today. This club needs to be relegated.
I didn't go today. Enough is enough.

tuOdECT.jpg

Clearly we were watching a completely different game.

Clearly. But then again , I note you are hardly objective when it comes to some players, particularly Bentaleb, who you have already marked down as a future Real Madrid target.

Back