• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Are car parks under stadium a common thing now? I remember watching the Champions League games back in the day where they always blamed Monaco for having a terrible pitch because of their underground parking. (At least that's how I remembered it! Can't recall the explanation why)

Are car parks under stadium a common thing now? I remember watching the Champions League games back in the day where they always blamed Monaco for having a terrible pitch because of their underground parking. (At least that's how I remembered it! Can't recall the explanation why)

They're not four stands around a field of grass to put it that way.

This is from Lille, where they stack the two halves on top of each other to use half the stadium for other sports like basketball:

boite-a-spectacle-grand-stade-lille.JPG

boite-a-spectacle-lille-2.jpg

Wouldn't it matter where the water table is how deep you can go down? The site is fairly close to the Lee twelve-wired bird-of-paradise isn't it.

Yes the water table matters. But should still be explored.. maybe they have with the fact they have decided to put one layer down there under the three stands.

I always thought the problem for Monaco was water. Very little rain means everyone drinks bottled and what water there is doesn't get wasted on football pitches.

I always thought the problem for Monaco was water. Very little rain means everyone drinks bottled and what water there is doesn't get wasted on football pitches.

Surely they'd use the same desalination technology as the golf courses in the Algarve use?

there were concerns before the arsenal game and I think they have had games postponed this season when the pitch has flooded in heavy rain

For the added challenge - the pitch should move during the game.

Would having a car park under the pitch actually affect the performance on the pitch.
Put it another way...would it be any different from a normal setting and where the bounce and correct drainage do not have any detrimental affect on play..having the right quantities of earth that makes a proper football pitch what it is?

Don't think you can beat Chelsea's car park behind the goal back in the good ol days

Not sure what happened to it, think they closed it after Jol managed to get a bus in there :)

No new pictures of the Mega 61000 White Hart Lane yet then ?

Now looking like there will be no increase in capacity. Jaysea posted this above a few days ago:

The application (dated 09/04/2015) for planning permission for the stadium basement is on Haringey’s website.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=280768

I don’t think there’s anything too exciting to see but the comments I have are:

1. Comparing the new ground floor plan with the original plan from the approved KSS design the size and footprint appears to be very much the same. The changes only appear to be in how the internal space is divided up and used.

2. The application says “It is not proposed to change … the capacity of the stadium that is already consented, nor change the external appearance or the height, scale and mass of the consented stadium”. Of course, that doesn’t rule out future planning applications being submitted that could seek such changes.

Now looking like there will be no increase in capacity. Jaysea posted this above a few days ago:

The application (dated 09/04/2015) for planning permission for the stadium basement is on Haringey’s website.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=280768

I don’t think there’s anything too exciting to see but the comments I have are:

1. Comparing the new ground floor plan with the original plan from the approved KSS design the size and footprint appears to be very much the same. The changes only appear to be in how the internal space is divided up and used.

2. The application says “It is not proposed to change … the capacity of the stadium that is already consented, nor change the external appearance or the height, scale and mass of the consented stadium”. Of course, that doesn’t rule out future planning applications being submitted that could seek such changes.

The consent we got is for 58k IIRC, not 56k

IIRC the smaller 'blue Emirates' KSS design came after the planning permission

Back