• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

some reports saying that Chelski want Rose......if they give us Patrick Bamford in return id agree to the swap

some reports saying that Chelski want Rose......if they give us Patrick Bamford in return id agree to the swap

I suspect that Chelski and City are just causing interference with us, via mind-games/unsettling our key players. Not sure that's a good swap either, though i'd think about it if they agreed to swapping Oscar :p

Is it that unrealistic Modric coming back? Think he might have burnt his bridges but otherwise surely it's about now Madrid get very bored and get shot of their iPhone 5's
Yes it is unrealistic and has nothing to do with him 'burning bridges', more to do with bigger and better clubs being in for him if available...

I suspect that Chelski and City are just causing interference with us, via mind-games/unsettling our key players. Not sure that's a good swap either, though i'd think about it if they agreed to swapping Oscar :p

Bamford is going to be as big as Kane (not at chelski under Mourinho though), just watch

i think if City or Chelski really waned to cause interference, wouldnt they target a better player than Rose :)

Bamford is going to be as big as Kane (not at chelski under Mourinho though), just watch

i think if City or Chelski really waned to cause interference, wouldnt they target a better player than Rose :)

Bamford - what is it about his game that makes you think he'll be as good as Kane?
City/Chelski causing interference - Rose has arguably been our most consistent performer. Tapping up Kane (who has just signed his first big contract this season) or Eriksen (who plays in a position that neither are exactly struggling in) would be way too obvious imo

Filipe Luis hasn't exactly worked out great for Chelsea. They continue to use Aspilicueta who probably long term is destined for the right back position over him. Been talks of Luis returning to Spain this summer. Quality left back targets are extremely hard to come by.

I see no reason to think that Rose couldn't be a valid target for both Chelsea and City (who have two a bit "meh" left backs" for their level). Particularly considering home grown restrictions and the problems those teams might face with those going forward.

I don't think we'll let him go this summer. Or rather, I don't think they will value him highly enough to offer what they will have to offer for us to let him go.

I only want 2 too. But I want a CF and a LWF.

I'm happy with Alli and Winks added to our CM blend, and Wimmer/Veljkovic/2CV added to our CB options

Personally it wouldn't surprise me to see all of the players above loaned out next season (except Wimmer seeing as we don't own him)

I'm with you that we desperately need a left sided attacking player and also in need of another number 9 option to allow us to give Kane a rest or drop him into the number 10 role on occasion. But I think in addition to that we have needs for another box to box central midfielder to take the burden off of Mason and another centre half.

Four possible choices are: Ayew, Berahino, Cabaye and Schar. I think they would be well within our transfer budget and wages shouldn’t be a problem either (other than perhaps for Cabaye coming from PSG) I would guess that lot would cost under £40 million in transfer fees which we should be able to bring in from sales of the likes of Holtby, Capoue, Chiriches, Carrol, Soldado, Lennon, Ade and Kaboul (not to mention the big resulting drop in the wage bill)

If we’re really trying to push on to a better league position next year then I think we’d also benefit from an experienced old pro for the holding midfield role…. Is Nigel De Jong still available on a free transfer from AC Milan at the end of this season? I think he could add some know-how and nastiness to help us get a grip in games that we’re struggling in.

The icing on the cake for me would then be Milner on a free transfer from Emirates Marketing Project. Such a versatile player, one who always plays for the team and a lot of quality on the ball as well.

Lloris, Vorm
Walker, Yedlin, Fredericks
Rose, Davies
Vertonghen, Schar, Dier, Fazio
Cabaye, De Jong, Bentaleb, Mason,
Lamela, Townsend, Pritchard,
Eriksen, Milner, Dembele
Ayew, Chadli
Kane, Berahino
Would seem to be a pretty strong squad with a good mix of youth and experience. Perhaps all it lacks is a 3rd option to play number 9?

I'm sure i've read that Fabian Schar is a free agent this summer. He is young and seems to have more experience at a higher level compared to say Wimmer.

Does anybody have any idea whether we are going in for him, and if not why (other than perhaps he's already agreed to go to a CL club)?

Filipe Luis hasn't exactly worked out great for Chelsea. They continue to use Aspilicueta who probably long term is destined for the right back position over him. Been talks of Luis returning to Spain this summer. Quality left back targets are extremely hard to come by.

I see no reason to think that Rose couldn't be a valid target for both Chelsea and City (who have two a bit "meh" left backs" for their level). Particularly considering home grown restrictions and the problems those teams might face with those going forward.

I don't think we'll let him go this summer. Or rather, I don't think they will value him highly enough to offer what they will have to offer for us to let him go.

I could see us letting him go given that we have Ben Davies. Full back and goalkeeper are the positions where it is easy to see a like for like replacement.... More so than trying to replace strikers and midfielders who are all so unique in style of play

I could see us letting him go given that we have Ben Davies. Full back and goalkeeper are the positions where it is easy to see a like for like replacement.... More so than trying to replace strikers and midfielders who are all so unique in style of play

Disagree. Tremendously difficult to find top class, or even very good, full backs who can both attack and defend. Particularly for left backs. Loads of money has been spent on left backs by the top 5-6 PL clubs for essentially what is not quite good enough for most of them. The same can be said about several big clubs in Europe. Look at Bayern before realizing that Alaba could be converted to a top left back, Real spent 30m on Coentrao only to realize that he was worse than Marcelo, Barca before they re-signed Alba was a similar story.

here is a player we should be looking at....

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/16/evert...sergi-roberto-hes-accepted-transfer-5152446/?

Everton are reportedly closing in on the signing of Sergi Roberto with the Barcelona star keen on moving to Goodison Park.

Roberto, 23, wants to leave the Nou Camp at the end of the season, having seen first-team opportunities become limited.

Tottenham and Stoke have been linked with moves, but reports in Spain say Everton are set to begin negotiations to sign the midfielder, who has accepted the transfer.

Roberto is rated as a big talent and is famed for his ability to run a midfield with his superb passing and tackling range.

e icing on the cake for me would then be Milner on a free transfer from Emirates Marketing Project. Such a versatile player, one who always plays for the team and a lot of quality on the ball as well.
Have him reject us again? Didn't he reject us to go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine at 17 - then reject us to move to Villa

here is a player we should be looking at....

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/16/evert...sergi-roberto-hes-accepted-transfer-5152446/?

Everton are reportedly closing in on the signing of Sergi Roberto with the Barcelona star keen on moving to Goodison Park.

Roberto, 23, wants to leave the Nou Camp at the end of the season, having seen first-team opportunities become limited.

Tottenham and Stoke have been linked with moves, but reports in Spain say Everton are set to begin negotiations to sign the midfielder, who has accepted the transfer.

Roberto is rated as a big talent and is famed for his ability to run a midfield with his superb passing and tackling range.

In our opinion, where would he play for us? In one of the Bentaleb/Mason positions? Also, can you compare him to another player currently in the PL in terms of skillset etc?

In our opinion, where would he play for us? In one of the Bentaleb/Mason positions? Also, can you compare him to another player currently in the PL in terms of skillset etc?

from the little ive seen of him he seems to be in the Mason mould, in the sense always looking to pass forward and can tackle when required. Also likes to run with the ball at the right moments

I'm sure i've read that Fabian Schar is a free agent this summer. He is young and seems to have more experience at a higher level compared to say Wimmer.

Does anybody have any idea whether we are going in for him, and if not why (other than perhaps he's already agreed to go to a CL club)?

City, United, Arsenal, Barca, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Inter, Roma and Lazio have all been linked with him - much bigger fish than us

As a free agent he'll also be demanding massive wages - something we can't provide

He can already sign a pre-contract, so as he's not, his agent is presumably orchestrating the auction.

Thought so too. In a somewhat makeshift midfield in a team missing its best players up against a midfield trio of Busquets, Iniesta and Rakitic. For a young player with little experience he did fine.

If Emirates Marketing Project, United or Chelsea wanted him it would be "a bit unrealistic". For us it's about as realistic as getting Modric back. Quite simply not going to happen.

Had we come in for him last summer, we still wouldn't have had a chance. Had we gone for him in 2012 when he signed from Pescara we might have had a chance if not for the fact that PSG wanted him and could shovel money at him.

I wasn't really thinking there'd be a chance but I wouldn't say he's at the level of Modric, therefore it'd be a bit more likely than getting him back. As I said, potentially he wouldn't be what we need anyway, if we manage to move Capoue on it'd be nice to get a more experienced head in. Unfortunately I haven' been able to watch the last two games so I can't really say what the problem is, I'm a big fan of Bentaleb and Mason but it's starting to look like we can get a bit overrun with these two playing. I'd love to see Stambouli come in to his own next season but is it likely?

I wasn't really thinking there'd be a chance but I wouldn't say he's at the level of Modric, therefore it'd be a bit more likely than getting him back. As I said, potentially he wouldn't be what we need anyway, if we manage to move Capoue on it'd be nice to get a more experienced head in. Unfortunately I haven' been able to watch the last two games so I can't really say what the problem is, I'm a big fan of Bentaleb and Mason but it's starting to look like we can get a bit overrun with these two playing. I'd love to see Stambouli come in to his own next season but is it likely?

Verratti is not as good as Modric, but he's also just 22. Has all the talent to be a truly world class player, already at a big/rich club where he's playing as first choice. If he leaves PSG I don't think there's any chance he does so to join us.

For us I think Benetaleb is extremely talented and already performing at a very high role in the more sitting of the two central roles. Unless we can get someone truly top notch I think we should be a bit patient with Bentaleb and let him develop. Long term I think that will be better for us than bringing in a new player, perhaps even short term as Bentaleb is already doing really well and we all know there are absolutely no guarantees a new signing works out. We have cover in Stambouli and some younger players coming through. If we were to bring someone in for that role I would like it to be someone experienced who plays a very good passing game, someone Bentaleb can learn from and grow under. If we could get Carrick he would be perfect, but the chances of that are probably also just about zero. Shcneiderlin is one of the few players with PL experience that would be very likely to be a short term upgrade on Bentaleb and be just about gettable, if we could get him I wouldn't be against it. The two of them could probably play together too. But he would be very expensive and I think we'd get a more substantial upgrade in other positions for that kind of money.

The thing is that Bentaleb has been the best midfielder on the pitch even in games against Chelsea this season (imo). He's a bit inconsistent, but not really inconsistent for his age. I think we will be brave enough to continue to make him first choice, and I think we should be.

For Mason's spot, the more box to box player of the deep two, I think an upgrade is more realistic. I like Mason, but I don't think he's as extremely talented as Bentaleb. Since we're talking PSG I think Cabaye - should he be gettable, would be just about a perfect signing. Very hard working, very good on the ball, PL experience, slightly older and would bring experience into the side. Versatile as he could also play further forward as a #10. Ultimately, considering his age, wages and other clubs that would be interested I think he's an unlikely target too. But I think there are other potential targets available that could compete with Mason for that spot, and perhaps be a direct upgrade short term at least.

Bentaleb will be a good player for us. He'll never reach Modric or even Verratti but he could quite easily be a Schneiderlin. He needs a partner who will compliment him though, perhaps a strong box to Box like a Wanyama who has made Schneiderlin look good this year.

Back