• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Poch must have his reasons, but we have 3 right wingers on our books, 2 of them are fudging useless, yet we send the third on loan.

Have we ever loaned out a player over 23 who has then come back and played for us again?
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean to say it can't. Say Poch left in the summer for some reason -a new manager might have a different view.

It is unlikely - I wish we had kept him, would have been a useful option. I always thought he tracked back well, too.

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean to say it can't. Say Poch left in the summer for some reason -a new manager might have a different view.

It is unlikely - I wish we had kept him, would have been a useful option. I always thought he tracked back well, too.

When we had a bad patch under Redknapp, I thought part of the problem was his marginalising/discarding of Keane, Dos Santos and Hutton, who all got sent out on loan. It wasn't. This is a very similar situation

I'm noticing a pattern in my responses, but I'm just reading and replying - but another shocking decision from Poch, we lack pace severely, Lennon is the only effective player we have with pace, so he loans him out. Lennon even looked decent in his brief cameos with us. But he gets rid.

I don't understand our manager, I don't connect with his decisions or see what he's trying to do. It's terrifying. I wouldn't mind if he made utterly crazy decisions all the time like he does and they pay off, but they don't, he makes them, you can see exactly why they're awful decisions, then they play out exactly how you expect....

Except Kane starting.

most on here may not appreciate him, but others do:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ron-lennons-work-rate-shamed-everton-9026518?

Leighton Baines believes loan signing Aaron Lennon has been the “catalyst” for Everton’s mini-revival.
And the Blues left-back says the flying winger has shamed other members of the squad into working as hard as him since arriving from Spurs in January.
Lennon bagged his second goal for Everton as Roberto Martinez’s side drew 1-1 at Swansea City on Saturday to extend their unbeaten Premier League run to four matches.
The 27-year-old struck the winner at Queens Park Rangers last month, but his goal just before half-time at the Liberty Stadium wasn’t enough for another Blues win as Jonjo Shelvey equalised after the break.

Everton’s run of form has seen fears of relegation ease significantly as they edge closer to the 40 point target Martinez says will guarantee the safety for next season.
And Baines says Lennon has played a major part in them moving up the table and playing with a renewed hunger.

JS61008956.jpg

Everton's Aaron Lennon celebrates scoring the first goal against Swansea City
Asked what Lennon had brought to Everton, Baines said: “It’s clear for all to see.
“He’s got a couple of goals for us and he’s played an important part in turning our form around.
“I remember before he’d played, and I got asked about him, I said that something people don’t always give him credit for is his work-rate.
“You don’t always notice that until you’re with him or against him and I’ve done both. It is something I’ve always known.
“Because he is so quick and dynamic in that final third, that sticks in peoples’ minds but we’re seeing him off the ball and the work he does coming back to help Seamus.
"It is unbelievable really.
“Before Saturday, his work-rate had, in some respects, been the catalyst for us to get the results.
“We haven’t played great but if you think about the games with Saudi Sportswashing Machine or QPR and the amount of times you see him tracking back and nicking the ball off people and doing that work, it makes a massive difference.”
Baines added: “It starts to embarrass people into doing it as well. If you’re not doing it and someone, who is not only giving you loads at the top end of the field but is also coming back and doing that, it embarrasses people into doing that.

JS61008961.jpg

Everton's Aaron Lennon scores
“It is infectious but it is also encouraging when you see someone who is renowned for his attacking threat working so hard, it makes the other lads want to match that. He has been infectious.”

Baines was disappointed Everton were unable to build on Lennon’s goal before the break in south Wales and believes a lack of cutting edge in the second-half meant Swansea always felt they could get back into the game.

Personally, I think we used to look more effective, more often than not, when Lennon was on the field of play than when he wasn't.

Lennon was in his comfort zone and havent' had any desire to perform for years.
He needed this Everton move, wouldn't be surprised to see him in the England squad again.
We need to move one of them on in the summer, Lennon or Townsend, not quite sure which one, it's either transfer or new contract for Lennon in the summer though.

I'm noticing a pattern in my responses, but I'm just reading and replying - but another shocking decision from Poch, we lack pace severely, Lennon is the only effective player we have with pace, so he loans him out. Lennon even looked decent in his brief cameos with us. But he gets rid.

I don't understand our manager, I don't connect with his decisions or see what he's trying to do. It's terrifying. I wouldn't mind if he made utterly crazy decisions all the time like he does and they pay off, but they don't, he makes them, you can see exactly why they're awful decisions, then they play out exactly how you expect....

Except Kane starting.

This board was overwhelmingly in favour of him being moved on last January. There have been very few people who have been speaking up for Lennon over the last few years.

Back