• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I know we need a spacegoat, but its easier to punish 1 missed chance than than to punish chances not created, what did our the rest of our superstars create??? The idea that Soldado lost us a match over 180mins in 1 moment is laughable. The fact is he is 2nd choice for a reason, and our top striker was left on the bench.
Must give up will you. It's not 1 miss. It's two seasons of dross and misses. I would rather play Chadli up front than him. He is utterly useless.

When you have quality up front the whole team responds. He drags is down with his utter shire play.

That should be used as a training video for U9s of what NOT to do in a 2 on 1 situation.

You really think U9s don't know that passing the ball, softly, to the opposition keeper isn't a good idea? ;) I would hope anyone would. Heck, why didn't he shoot, like Gomez? Gomez's chance was far harder.

Reactions: DTA
I know we need a spacegoat, but its easier to punish 1 missed chance than than to punish chances not created, what did our the rest of our superstars create??? The idea that Soldado lost us a match over 180mins in 1 moment is laughable. The fact is he is 2nd choice for a reason, and our top striker was left on the bench.

Not sure that anyone's saying that Soldado is responsible for the loss over two games aggregate. Just talking - in the Soldado thread - about a particular key event.

Roberto-Soldado-who-was-p-008.jpg

o-STEFON-facebook.jpg

Agreed. 56m for Soldado and lamella. It's criminal really.
Lamela needs some more time before we can make a reasonable assessment of him as this is after all his "first proper" season in the PL. Soldado though I agree he looks like he is mentally shot. He needs to start again in a different league.

I was hoping it was going to come good for him but tonight was the nail in the coffin as far as his future at Spurs is concerned. He should be sold in the summer and we need to look to recruit a couple of strikers to support Kane. Gomez's goal although slightly different in circumstances showed the difference. He went through and finished with aplomb. Soldado whilst maybe not confident in his own abilities to finish in my opinion had no excuse for the shoddy pass to Chadli which rolled into Neto's hands. That was the game changer and we never really looked like going through after that.

Lamela i would be willing to give more time to given the investment and his age although i have to say his recent performances have been poor. A talented player but he really needs to up his game.

Let's be honest, he is absolute rank.

Take what you can get for him, and Addy, and take the hit. Both are a pair of chancers.

Worst spurs buy ever?
Well with what he cost you got to say yeah, Lamela gets another season but it does not look to good on him. So much so that if we got an offer for Lamela I would take it in case he has another bad season his value will go through the floor.

Soldado no one will pay anything for him, look round Europe who would pay for him? no one and we will be stuck with his wage bill as well. I would get rid of Lamela as well on the basis that the signings that summer were flawed and apart from Eriksen who even I knew of none of worked out so who ever was involved in that process should lose their job.

When I see him named as the starting striker, I just get that sinking feeling and know that we'll struggle. Thank GHod for Harry Kane.

We only paid 13m for Soldado though, the rest of the 26m fee was add ons. Its why IMO he doesn't get many league games.. don't want to pay another chunk of that add on fee.

Oh but at least he scored a worldly against the scum. Soldado is useless.

Michael Owen talks crap. But he had always said he never rated Soldado. On this he was right.

We only paid 13m for Soldado though, the rest of the 26m fee was add ons. Its why IMO he doesn't get many league games.. don't want to pay another chunk of that add on fee.
I would love to believe that we only paid 13m upfront for soldado and the rest were add ons but I imagine we paid 13m for him in the summer and then further payments which were not dependant on his success. Hardly worth Valencia selling otherwise.

If an official club spokesman comes out and says your view is correct I will be happy to be proved wrong, but I suspect it is fans trying to put a gloss on it.

Back