• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Chelsea

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lJDnqXchwja1fIZTntrWqc8bReQwLS1CynJthxCFGzU/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

10 - Chadli, Kane, Rose
9 - Lloris, Walker, Verts, Fazio, Bentaleb, Dembele, Townsend, Eriksen
8 - Mason, Paulinho, Davies

Also to note:

5 of our starting 11 were academy players
3 of our 4 goalscorers were academy players
Our starting line-up cost about £50-55m in total to assemble

COYFS

Re: Match ratings - Chel53a

10 for the lot of them, although if I had to give honest scores:

10 - Kane
9 - Bentaleb, Chadli
8 - All the rest

Lloris - 7 - match winning save.

Walker - 7 - gave away possession at times, but pace is vital.
Fazio - 8 - colossal in the air, mistake for the goal but did a lot more right than wrong.
Vertonghen - 8 - one of his best games for us ever.
Rose - 7 - beat far too easily for the goal but he scored and put in some good tackles.

Townsend - 6 - not his best, awful touch, awful distribution but cracking penalty.
Mason - 6 - was doing well before he went off, we really took a while to adapt without him hope his injury isn't too serious.
Bentaleb - 8.5 - my GHod he was unreal.
Chadli - 8.5 - one of, if not his best performance for us, so glad he got his goal, he deserved it.

Eriksen - 7 - worked very hard but ultimately very quiet. Mainly as he was number 10, but with our second he shows he is still important with a cracking ball through.
Kane - 9 - world class. Gave the best defence in the league a torrid time, two assists and two goals. How can you argue with that.

Not going to criticize individual players on a day and result like that

- Stunning team performance, kept it together for almost the full 90 minutes
- Notable performances from Chadli (best game I've seen from him) & Kane
- Bentaleb & Eriksen also critical.

Well done boys, well done Poch

Lloris - 8 - typical Hugo

Walker - 8 - great to have him back. Will get better and better
Fazio - 8 - Mixed bag - great in the air plus a few mistakes. Still not convinced that I'd want him as one of our first choice CBs next season but certainly good enough to be one of the 4 in our squad
Vertonghen - 8.5 - Getting back to his best of 2 seasons ago.
Rose - 8 - Got forward well, as always, and looked relatively solid at the back sonsidering what he was up against

Townsend - 6 - kept losing control of teh ball and doing little with it. Tried hard and never stopped running though
Mason - 6 - difficult to judge too much but was doing ok when he went off. though NB/RM are a better balance than NB/MD
Bentaleb - 9 - great answer to those who question him. Bentaleb and kane need to be the cornerstone of our team for the next 10 years
Chadli - 9 - not my favourite Spurs player but was excellent today. Deserved his goal. Took his man on more than usual

Eriksen - 8 - knitted things together as always and always likely to create something. I still prefer him on the left though!
Kane - 10 - Top, top performance. Saves us £20m+

Some many good performances today they all nearly all get a 9.

Fazio 7 - He was excellent but for a stupid moment!

For me I know Kane was excellent, but I thought Bentaleb was the best player on the pitch. He broke up so many attacks I thought he was fantastic. If he can perform at that level constantly wow just wow, he will end up at Real!

Thought Chadli was even better than Kane (both excellent obviously).
I feel like most people under-scored Bentaleb and Dembele, both solid 8's from me, very good game from our midfield.

Notes:

- Kane. Harry Kane. Our Harry Kane. Our Harry. :D \o/

- Fantastic game by Chadli. Few errors of judgement and in possession, but monstrously good when marauding down the left, absolutely tearing Ivanovic apart and giving Cahill nightmares when he cut inside. Worked relentlessly hard as well. Best game in a Spurs shirt, imo. Well f*cking done, Nacer.

- Eriksen. Understated, but his closing down was utterly fantastic today. Never stopped running, played great passes, helped keep possession with some brilliant close control and return passes when under pressure, and really came through. Great game.

- Fazio and Verts - Fazio's mind-bending error aside, really solid, and dominant in the air, even against Costa. Well played.

- Bentaleb. Really, really composed performance in the center. Kept possession well, and tackled/challenged like a lion, winning the ball time and time again. Brilliant.

- Dembele. Understated, again, but did really well to keep possession and looked assured and confident. Best game he's had for a long time, imo.

- Poch - Well done, Mauricio. Well done.

I think we arraived with this performance. Defensively we need to improve but attacking wise we were magnificent. Kane truly did arrive and he was just too good today - I applaud his improvement.

The team as a whole stood up and played so well.

If Kane doesn't get a 10 today then nobody ever does. A real master class.

Chadli was a 9 as was Bentaleb.

Everyone else was an 8

So happy

Just seen the ratings on the Sky app, my word other than Kane and Hazard almost all the rest got 5s!!

10 - Kane. Absolutely sensational from HurriKane. THis lad keeps surprising me in the best way, the way he keeps stepping his game up level by level. He just owned the best defense in the league & made Cahill look like a pub defender TBH
9 - Chadli Nearly as good as Harry! Also made Cahill look like a pub defender.
8.5 - Bentaleb. Bossed the centre of the park. So composed, great head on the lad, technically able while also built for a battle. And battle he *****g did - against people like Matic!
8. Eriksen, Dembele, Lloris, Fazio (nearly got a 7 due to his error, but he really had an absolutely cracking game otherwise, a spartan warrior in the air), Paulinho (I think he did really well when he came on, good energy and got forward well)
7 - Walker, Rose, Townsend, Mason.

Poch - 10.

I LOVE YOU SPURS

Kane, Chadli and Bentaleb were the best players on the pitch. Fantastic win, but still making silly errors at the back and I'm not letting the victory hide the fact that Poch needs to sort that out fast.

Kane, Chadli and Bentaleb were the best players on the pitch. Fantastic win, but still making silly errors at the back and I'm not letting the victory hide the fact that Poch needs to sort that out fast.

Agreed on that. Was very annoyed with Chelski's two last goals, which I feel we gifted them - it could've been fatal.

We were clinical up front today, on another day we could've lost 3-0 or 3-1. That shouldn't take anything away from our performance though. Great game overall.

Lloris 8 - critical saves are his habit, quality distribution is a habit he's learning fast under Poch

Walker 7 - still looking a bit rusty but imposed himself when it mattered most

Fazio 7 - punished cruelly for one lapse, but a critical touch on the ball to deny Hazard late-on plus a series of headed clearances compensated

Verts 8 - that awesome stretch-tackle is back!

Rose 7 - got turned inside-out by Hazard in the build up to their first (offside) goal but a magnificent tackle second to deny Ivanovitch at the near post plus his goal compensated

Mason 7 - fingers crossed his injury is not too serious

Bentaleb 8 - competed well in midfield and palyed his part in attacking moves

Townsend 7 - some tricky stuff down the flank, crosses might have been better but cooly-taken pen

Chadli 9 - at last we are seeing potential translated into performance. Very well-taken goal

Eriksen 8 - even though not as his most effective he produced a plethora of important little touches, lay-offs and delicate interventions

KANE 10 - SOUND THE TRUMPETS! Step aside Gareth Bale! We have our new SUPER-STAR. His battling for possession was awesome. His control was awesome. His passing was awesome. His shooting was awesome. His goals were ... yes, every single thing he attempted was ****ING AWESOME!

Subs

Dembele 8 - another player who seems to be learning to change his game under Poch, he actually passed the ball forward, accurately and instantly, almost every time he won possession. Ready-made replacement for Mason if needed

Paulinho 7 - looking more competitive these days

Davies - n/a

Kane, Chadli and Bentaleb outstanding performers.

Glad to read that you all thought Fazio played very well aside from the horrible mistake. Let's hope he learns from it.

Bloody hell that was brilliant

Back