• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

Live? 4 times - each with the Sounders. On TV - often as I watch the MLS because of the Sounders and Whitecaps. I hope he makes the transition - I'm not hating on the kid - I just don't want people thinking he's going to step in and replace Walker.

Indeed.

On the one hand he may arguably be the fastest player in this league but his positioning is shocking at the moment. Fortunately he is still just 21 so he can learn that with good coaching

We desperately need someone that can provide width when Walker is out. I think part of our improvement recently has been using Chiriches there instead of Dier. I really like Dier but when he gets the ball, he's more inclined to sling in a deep cross and stop a move than he is to go on the outside and provide Lamela with more space to operate. If Yedlin can provide this when Walker is out I think we're gonna look a lot more consistent.

Yep, Naughton isn't as bad as some make out imo and offers a more defensive head. He's also pretty decent on the ball.

Hasn't Friedel got a British passport yet?

It's not to do with his passport. If he's not homegrown and not U21, then he counts as oversees. This will be the case with Dier for the rest of his career too.

As a back-up RB for a team which is 5th - 7th in the league, I agree he's OK. However as a like for like replacement for Walker, Yedlin is infinitely better and better for teh style of our team as we desperately need the full backs to give us width

Also, if we're aiming for a top 4 spot and to be able to have a realistic shot of that top 4 position not just being a one-off, then you need two decent players per position. Yedlin means that at RB we now have that, as with GK,....there's not many other positions though

I don't see what there is to suggest Yedlin will be ahead of Fredericks in the pecking order, let alone Naughton. Just because he's the right type of player, remember he's young and coming from a very weak league. We've had enough Jonathon Blondells to know to be cautious about these type of signings.

I hope we give him time to settle into a new country and style of play before we start ****ging him off if he does not start well.[-o<

I hope we give him time to settle into a new country and style of play before we start ****ging him off if he does not start well.[-o<

Yes, and you do that by not rushing him in to a standard of football he's clearly not ready for - I can see him going to somewhere like Millwall on loan for the rest of the season - do him the world of good.

I feel Naughton's lack of offensive capability outweighs any perceived defensive positives. Selling Nauhhton should generate a profit but we will no doubt take a haircut on Chriches presently. May as well retain him seeing as he's proving somewhat effective.

Yes, and you do that by not rushing him in to a standard of football he's clearly not ready for - I can see him going to somewhere like Millwall on loan for the rest of the season - do him the world of good.

Could not agree more and I hope ALL supporters will do give him that time.

Yedlin was played at the World Cup mostly as a right midfielder/winger. He didn't have that much skills but was able to get many crosses in because of his pace. Could this be the start of the end of Lennon's Spurs career?

Every video I have seen of him shows that he will give us a boost going forward. Walker has never been the best at picking the right option when crossing, something that those videos seem to show that Yedlin does quite well. I agree that he needs to work on his positioning, but as many have said before his pace will get him out of trouble in some cases. Obviously he's coming into a new league and won't go straight into the first team, heck he may struggle to even get cup appearances with the way we are going. This is a settling in period.

One thing that does strike me is that he seems like another young, hungry player who seems like he will dedicate himself to becoming the best player he can be. We have plenty of those in this team already, so fingers crossed that with the same work ethic they will go somewhere together (of Spurs players ofc).

Let's hope he shaves his head

He played in the pre-season 3-3 draw between Seattle and Spurs reserves

Highlights are here, but Yedlin doesn't feature apart from giving away a penalty for ball to hand

http://youtu.be/1DikzxPODNs?t=1m29s

When people say his positioning is poor, do they mean he doesn't push out, playing a striker onside to run in on goal, or he doesn't get back, leaving a winger unattended, or he doesn't mark well at corners, or what?

To me that means no where near a man he's supposed to be marking or drifting away from the space he should be occupying. From the games I've seen - I've never noticed that. Rather I'd say he dives in too much when jockeying and using his pace to keep the man outside is the better option.

He doesn't have to be overly good for now: just better than, say, Naughton. And I think his pace will allow him to accomplish that even if Naughton is somewhat better defensively atm.

I think it will take him up to a year to be better than Naughton. I have only seen him play twice in America and he looks super raw to me, some really good attributed and some not so good attributes. In both games he did some really good things and quite a few bad thjngs. Considering he is playing in a weak league, I would be surprised if he was chucked in right away.

As long as he sells a lot of shirts and increase our fan base in the states I believe he will get some play time as soon as he can.

An interesting issue here, as Poch is the Head Coach and not the Manager, does this mean he would not be interested in integrating a player based on marketing, and only to do so based on his ability? Whereas a manager has a greater affinity to the business side of a club and would be more likely to do so?

Maybe we'll get him a loan to a Prem club. We loaned Walker to Villa iirc, Naughton to Norwich too.

Harry might take him at QPR, let him adjust to the league that way. Naughton as Walker's backup i fine for the 2nd half of this season imo, then we can have Yedlin in the squad for the summer.

Maybe we'll get him a loan to a Prem club. We loaned Walker to Villa iirc, Naughton to Norwich too.

Harry might take him at QPR, let him adjust to the league that way. Naughton as Walker's backup i fine for the 2nd half of this season imo, then we can have Yedlin in the squad for the summer.

Don't think so, both in we want the marketing piece, as well as the kid really does have stupid pace, if he can be adequate defensively, his pace will be a great weapon for us.

His positioning sometimes appears dodgy because he allows for his pace to get him back before the attacker.. If you watch Walker he does the same, leaves a lot more space for the winger than someone like Naughton would.. Most of the time they both get it right..

Don't know anything about Yedlin. But from what I read, he is good at attacking but not so good in defending. Surely, he needs to improve his defending greatly. We cannot afford another defender who can't defend.

I have a suspicion that he'll have a couple of months to bed in and then we'll start to see him introduced as a very attacking right back late on in games in which we are chasing an equaliser or a winner and his pace will be an advantage against a tiring opposition.

Back