• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Arsenal owner Alisher Usmanov hands Nobel Prize back to disgraced DNA scientist James Watson straight after buying it off him

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/arsenal-owner-alisher-usmanov-hands-nobel-prize-back-to-disgraced-dna-scientist-james-watson-straight-after-buying-it-off-him-9912725.html

Arsenal owner and the richest man in Russia, Alisher Usmanov, has bought the Nobel prize that was sold by James Watson, one of the three people who discovered DNA, and the and will now give it straight back to him — leaving Watson with the medal as well as the record-breaking $4.1 million that Usmanov bought it for.

“In my opinion, a situation in which an outstanding scientist has to sell a medal recognising his achievements is unacceptable,” Usmanov said. “James Watson is one of the greatest biologists in the history of mankind and his award for the discovery of DNA structure must belong to him

Fury at DNA pioneer's theory: Africans are less intelligent than Westerners

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fury-at-dna-pioneers-theory-africans-are-less-intelligent-than-westerners-394898.html

One of the world's most eminent scientists was embroiled in an extraordinary row last night after he claimed that black people were less intelligent than white people and the idea that "equal powers of reason" were shared across racial groups was a delusion.

James Watson, a Nobel Prize winner for his part in the unravelling of DNA who now runs one of America's leading scientific research institutions, drew widespread condemnation for comments he made ahead of his arrival in Britain today for a speaking tour at venues including the Science Museum in London.

He has supported the selective abortion of gay children, endorsed the view that dark-skinned people have higher sex drives and was forced to retire as chancellor of a laboratory after being quoted saying that Africans are less intelligent than westerners.

Last edited:
Arsene's continued brazen arrogance and under achievement was always going to lead the goon fans to this at some point. I always said he would end his time in misery, and thats how it will be.

Do you think the team he's had has been better than those around and capable of winning trophies?

I think if you look how close they've come to winning the premier league in the past 10 years they should've won 1/2 without doubt. Also, birmingham in the league cup final as well as a couple of fa cup semi finals too. I'd say the players they've had he should have won more yes.

He built that team though

Plus I believe every year he states they CAN win the title. Should be under promise - over deliver, he's got it the wrong way round. You see Louis Van Gaal is trying to be clever by saying United are not certs for the top 4 even though pretty much everyone expects them to.

The top half of the table is becoming far too sta(b)le. It gets boring when there's so little fluctuation.

The top half of the table is becoming far too sta(b)le. It gets boring when there's so little fluctuation.

i think this is ultimately the problem for arsenal fans.

if you look at liverpool, over the past decade or so, i think they have underacheived; in terms of average league position. however, this has meant that every so often the club has been able to set itself the realistic target of finishing top 4 after a period of falling out of the top 4. this "target" gives the fans something to aim for and also look forward to when they go to support their club every week. and when they do finish in the top 4, the fans get a sense of "progress" and "acheivement".

look at liverpool this season. they will probably not make top 4 and this will give them the target of top 4 next season. fwiw, i think theyre underdogs to finish top 4 next season too. but i hope ive illustrated my point. most seasons, their target is to finish top 4. and because this is a realistic target for them, the fans get a sense that the club is moving in the right direction. ultimately though, theyre not really much different to arsenal. they just dont have the finances to progress from top 4 to title winner. however, they dont have wenger to constantly keep them in the top 4, and so the fans are given a rollercoaster ride, and a sense of excitement (which i think has been taken away from arsenal fans by wenger's superb consistency).

i think there could be a bigger problem for teams like us, arsenal and liverpool in the future though. imagine if one more multi-billionaire buys another premier league club. that will make it 3 billionaires plus man utd. there are only 4 ucl spots. arsenal maintain the quality of their squad through constantly getting the ucl revenue. and us and liverpool pay for our squads through getting into the ucl every so often. but more through the fact that its an investment. ie. we're investing in our squad with the ambition of getting into the top 4, knowing that it will bring a financial windfall.

however, an extra billionaire will basically kill that ambition for us and liverpool. and therefore we will have to reduce our spending in response to the fact that we have almost no chance to get that ucl money. and this would mean a weaker squad for teams like us. ultimately making the gap between the ucl teams and the rest even bigger. the same will apply to arsenal who will have to react to the fact that they will no longer get the £50m every year from the ucl. i suspect other commercial deals at arsenal will be hugely affected too.

Yesterday will be forgotten if they lose to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. There will be more of this.

2396FF7C00000578-0-image-4_1417275775003.jpg

Back