• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Everton OMT ***

We won this with possession of 38.6% - felt like we had alot more. Shows that we made it count.

Everton were like us on a bad day. Lots of sideways passing and fragile at the back, which is pretty much what you'd expect from a Martinez side. Third worst defence in the league and their key players are getting on a bit.

Martinez's comments were a bit ridiculous, our 1st goal was lucky, the 2nd was a foul on Barry, theirs was a pen buy ours wasnt...

No negatives at all in yesterdays performance, the effort everyone put in was immense, all the "homegrown" lads look to have a future and we look so much better balanced when Lennon starts, please MP please stick with 4-4-1-1, best team performance so far this season.

Martinez's comments were a bit ridiculous, our 1st goal was lucky, the 2nd was a foul on Barry, theirs was a pen buy ours wasnt...

To be fair the first goal was lucky, it was poor save from their keeper and no way did Eriksen mean to strike it like that. They should have had a pen, ours was more debateable. Wasn't a foul on Barry though.

Anyway, who cares....

I'm not normally one to read too much into these things, but it did seem potentially quite telling watching players' reactions to our second goal on the bench - Paulinho, Dier and Lamela all celebrated and looked genuinely excited, whereas Kaboul and Dembele barely reacted at all... hmmmm...

Excellent performance and result, well done to the players and Poch.

I thought that Eriksen meant what he did and it was a superb goal, but might be wrong of course.

Great performance from us yesterday- very reminiscent of pochs southampton side of last year- breaking quickly and effectively. Kane excellent again.

Funnily enough everton reminded me a lot if how we played under avb last year, lots of possession without much penetration. For me they missed a trick in the game. With lukeku upfront they really should be looking to get out wide and get it in there but they very rarely did that. Coleman shouldve seen more of the ball than he did. Barkely also looked good but needed to work harder and get on the ball more.
Its funny that with mason benty in cm we went back to what ts was trying with no recognised dm in the side but because we pressed better as a team we looked more solid than we ever looked under ts.
Kane is on form at the moment and deserves his place in the team but his decision making at key points still needs a bit of work- to avoid falling into the townsend trying too hard for himself. Keep on playing like thst tho and he'll be undroppable.
Lennon continued his good form and set soldado up well. I hope he stays injury free as he does a great job for the team.
Bobby took his goal well and i couldnt be happier fof the lad- i was hoping he'd score a good goal (nit a scrappy one) to boost his confidence and hopefully thats a start. We need to keep prividing him wuth support and options.
One final thought- is it just me or have we conceded some cracking goals recently? Livermires goal was cracking, and mirralas goal yesterday was great.

I'm not normally one to read too much into these things, but it did seem potentially quite telling watching players' reactions to our second goal on the bench - Paulinho, Dier and Lamela all celebrated and looked genuinely excited, whereas Kaboul and Dembele barely reacted at all... hmmmm...

I could be a how much are you mates with Soldado as opposed to how committed you are to the team.

121.6 - Spurs' players ran 121.6km in their Premier League game against Everton; 5km further than any other side at the weekend.

We won this with possession of 38.6% - felt like we had alot more. Shows that we made it count.

Yup, even though Everton dominated the possession I always felt we were more likely to score a 3rd goal than they were to equalise and the shot map on http://epl.squawka.com/tottenham-ho...-2014/english-barclays-premier-league/matches highlights that we had the better of the chances.

If Poch can get us performing like this regularly then those miserable results against Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and WBA will soon become a distant memory.

121.6 - Spurs' players ran 121.6km in their Premier League game against Everton; 5km further than any other side at the weekend.

Good to see our academy products leading the way =D>

@TalkingTHFC: Kane covered the most distance (13km) for Spurs, with Mason (12.9km) and Eriksen (12.7km) pressing well also. #THFC

Good to see our academy products leading the way =D>

@TalkingTHFC: Kane covered the most distance (13km) for Spurs, with Mason (12.9km) and Eriksen (12.7km) pressing well also. #THFC

=D>Yes, they really should be applauded for their efforts when we consider that 10km tends to be the norm.

Back