• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Partizan Belgrade EL OMT ***

".........
I'm a little worried. We ain't clicking... Or even looking like we may start clicking and it's almost December.

I think there are a few tiny green shoots, but some on here are grasping at the flimsiest thread. The ultimate triumph of hope over reality.

Can we agree on one thing- it is slightly better than anything under AVB minus Bale?

I thought we were awful,
Wow! I thought we looked organised and dominated. Just back home and thoroughly enjoyed my Block 35 evening. great chanting from the 1882 throughout, well done.
Lots and lots of plus points, soon the floodgates will open and we will score a hatful....

we did defend well at times under AVB, right now we are relying heavily on wayward shooting recently

I must have missed that during all the hammerings. And that was despite defending with all 11 men most of the time!

I must have missed that during all the hammerings. And that was despite defending with all 11 men most of the time!

You must be really unlucky to have only seen us on those 5 occasions where we lost by more than one goal and none of the 49 other league games we played under him.

I think there are a few tiny green shoots, but some on here are grasping at the flimsiest thread. The ultimate triumph of hope over reality.

Can we agree on one thing- it is slightly better than anything under AVB minus Bale?

Yeah I would go with that, especially post west ham when teams were no longer scared of us.

You must be really unlucky to have only seen us on those 5 occasions where we lost by more than one goal and none of the 49 other league games we played under him.

And how many games did we win by two goals or more? Most teams in the Prem can park a bus with 11 behind the ball. It has to be a balance between attack and defence.

It was odd that they started 2nd half giving us more space, and we actually ran with the ball.

Let speed be our friend

Maybe its a deliberate tactic?

Teams always look to press us because of our possession game but its hard to maintain for 90 minutes. We seem to focus more on possession retention in the first half which wears teams down, and come the second half show more attacking intent....

Teams always look to press us because of our possession game but its hard to maintain for 90 minutes. We seem to focus more on possession retention in the first half which wears teams down, and come the second half show more attacking intent....

I thought we were really trying in the first half too. We were clearly committing a lot of men forward, including both full backs at the same time, leaving the centre backs and Stambouli to deal with counter attacks.

We struggled to break them down, but we were trying and we came close on a couple of occasions.

For teams to properly tire in the second half you have to wear them down with attacking intent, I thought we did that.

Shhhhhh. We tried that once and people here ****ing hated it.

Glad that we won and have progressed to the next round. But really disappointed we again struggled in a Cup match and at home ! Thought we would win this match comfortably. Instead we were hardly convincing and wasted almost all the chances that came our way. We really need to improve badly if we want to go further in EL.

Soldado and Lamela simply wasted too many chances, especially Soldado. At the moment, Soldado doesn't look like scoring a goal. And it was unforgivable the way he keeps wasting those one-on-one chances with the goalie. He wasted atleast 2 of those chances here. He should have scored the chance from which Stambouli scored, instead of hitting the post. Similiarly, Lamela should have scored atleast once from the chances he had. Almost all his shots were either off target or saved by the goalie. For all their skills and workrate, I think both Soldado and Lamela should be practising more on shooting.

Due credit to Stambouli for scoring his first goal for us. It was an assured performance from him in midfield. Hope we can start playing him in league matches. It was nice to keep a clean sheet after so long. Credit to Lloris for making that brilliant save late in the match. Hope we can keep more clean sheets like these.

We have not been convincing in Cup matches in recent years. But won't mind how we play if we can go all the way to win the EL now.

Back