• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

His apparent weakness of not being very quick was more than compensated for by his leadership IMO. Him and Bentaleb are the future of our CM

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

rAfter a goalscoring game vs Partizan when he was decent (yes not perfect, he was brezzedpast a few too many times in the first half by their pacy RB for my liking) why has he not even made the bench for the last two games? :-k

I really have no idea why some people want him as first choice, he is slow and does not look any better than our current CM pairing.

I really have no idea why some people want him as first choice, he is slow and does not look any better than our current CM pairing.

Because he has a cool foreign sounding name, and came from a foreign league.Mason sounds abit common, init, plus he's English so automatically he must be ****.
Seem like the hyperbole surrounding English players from around 02-10 has now gone too far in the opposite direction, and now everything English must automatically be **** and not as good as anything foreign.

Because he has a cool foreign sounding name, and came from a foreign league.Mason sounds abit common, init, plus he's English so automatically he must be ****.
Seem like the hyperbole surrounding English players from around 02-10 has now gone too far in the opposite direction, and now everything English must automatically be **** and not as good as anything foreign.

Absolute tosh.

He's slow, very slow which kinda hinders him chasing the man in possession. On the ball he's not too bad but nothing exceptional. For me he's nowhere near ready for the first team. The speed of the PL would be too much for him. It is early days yet I suppose, but his lack of mobility does worry me.

Think a few people on here have listened to Sherwood and Ferdinand and bought into the idea that most Spurs fans want nothing more than foreign players. Strachan hit the tickle my balls with a feather tonight when he said it's more to do with the money involved and the risk of losing games due to inexperienced youth players not being worth the financial hit.

Back on topic; Talk about a kneejerk thread. A couple of weeks back he had a good game and was the answer to all our problems, this week he's had a poor game and should never have been bought. The reality is we haven't seen enough of him to make a decision yet as the guy has made a handful of appearances for us.

Think a few people on here have listened to Sherwood and Ferdinand and bought into the idea that most Spurs fans want nothing more than foreign players. Strachan hit the tickle my balls with a feather tonight when he said it's more to do with the money involved and the risk of losing games due to inexperienced youth players not being worth the financial hit.

Back on topic; Talk about a kneejerk thread. A couple of weeks back he had a good game and was the answer to all our problems, this week he's had a poor game and should never have been bought. The reality is we haven't seen enough of him to make a decision yet as the guy has made a handful of appearances for us.

Forget tonight.... Here's a question. Why the hell are we signing players who after 4 months are still not up to speed and don't look good enoughthat for the team. Forget about the fact that he was only 5m - I just don't understand why we sign players who don't inprove us in anyway.

As for people thinking he's the answer I don't agree. He has a few decent Games in Europa and some people went big because he was relatively unknown and we were playing so ****.

As for now, I still have no idea why we signed him and I agree that he would probably struggle if thrown into the PL

Forget tonight.... Here's a question. Why the hell are we signing players who after 4 months are still not up to speed and don't look good enoughthat for the team. Forget about the fact that he was only 5m - I just don't understand why we sign players who don't inprove us in anyway.

As for people thinking he's the answer I don't agree. He has a few decent Games in Europa and some people went big because he was relatively unknown and we were playing so ****.

As for now, I still have no idea why we signed him and I agree that he would probably struggle if thrown into the PL

We sign players to cover all areas of the squad even if that is just as a reliable back up to the first team. I'd still rather have him over quite a few in the squad. The guy has also picked up injuries since joining us and been in and out of the matchday squad as a result.

2 weeks ago people were on here saying he was the answer because of a good run of EL performances and with good reason. He showed more quality in those games than any of Capoue, Dembele or Paulinho had in most of the season, we were desperately crying out for someone who could anchor the midfield and play the ball. Bentaleb came in against Everton and did that fairly well and has continued to do so against Chelsea and then Palace. Stambouli it seems was out injured so missed his chance.

Whilst you are angry about his poor performance tonight, he has shown plenty in other games to show that he's worth giving time to. **** me people wanted rid of Chadli this summer and the guy then hit 6 goals in his first 10 games this season. Have faith man and give people time. Constant player turnover has been one of our biggest problems of recent years.

2 weeks ago you would have said the exact same thing about Fazio.

We don't know exactly what's been going on behind the scenes. If he's had fitness or injury issues or he if he's just been integrated slowly. Or perhaps he wasn't quite as good as we thought he was when we signed him.

Obviously we're not purposefully buying players that are not good enough for the team.

We sign players to cover all areas of the squad even if that is just as a reliable back up to the first team. I'd still rather have him over quite a few in the squad. The guy has also picked up injuries since joining us and been in and out of the matchday squad as a result.

2 weeks ago people were on here saying he was the answer because of a good run of EL performances and with good reason. He showed more quality in those games than any of Capoue, Dembele or Paulinho had in most of the season, we were desperately crying out for someone who could anchor the midfield and play the ball. Bentaleb came in against Everton and did that fairly well and has continued to do so against Chelsea and then Palace. Stambouli it seems was out injured so missed his chance.

Whilst you are angry about his poor performance tonight, he has shown plenty in other games to show that he's worth giving time to. **** me people wanted rid of Chadli this summer and the guy then hit 6 goals in his first 10 games this season. Have faith man and give people time. Constant player turnover has been one of our biggest problems of recent years.

Agreed.

Bentaleb returning from injury and to form pretty much left the Stambouli, Capoue, Dembele or Paulinho discussion in a bit of a theoretical vacuum. Calls for Stambouli to be given a chance ahead of those 3 were hardly all that controversial.

Back