• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Partizan Belgrade EL OMT ***

No I'm not.

Lennon played on the right for a few minutes of the first half and looked fine, then he was switched early to the left for nearly the whole game which neuters him, like putting Usain Bolt into the 800m

I thought he looked effective on the left cutting in. Played some good balls into soldado and Kane.

No I'm not.

Lennon played on the right for a few minutes of the first half and looked fine, then he was switched early to the left for nearly the whole game which neuters him, like putting Usain Bolt into the 800m

First half an hour he was on the right iirc. Looked fine perhaps, but he created little to nothing, struggled to get involved. No big surprise as they were sitting back and not giving him any space.

The game changed after the goal obviously and probably Lennon would have created stuff from the right too with the space that opened up. But that doesn't change the fact that he was creating stuff from the left including some of our biggest chances.

Good game! Lot's of nice quick play. Really got to feel for Soldado. He's properly vaccinated against scoring! But over all I think he was very good today. Midfield looked solid. Both Dembele, Paulinho and Stambouli were good. Well deserved win.

Good game! Lot's of nice quick play. Really got to feel for Soldado. He's properly vaccinated against scoring! But over all I think he was very good today. Midfield looked solid. Both Dembele, Paulinho and Stambouli were good. Well deserved win.

Funny how ppl can see different things from the same game.

I thought we were awful, 1st half they created 3/4 half to good chances. We were 2nd to every all. Robbie offered nothing up front (not that we created much for him) felt like we were asleep.

2nd half we started well then went back to our first half performance, but I thought we finished the last 5mins well.

Excellent result. We're through, job done. Stambouli to start on Sunday, been a massive mistake by Poch to ignore him for the Prem for so long. Just like AVB's error over Lloris, (what is it about our managers and French players) might just cost us CL qualification.

Some encouraging signs in the second half but still a long way to go.

I thought there were a lot of encouraging signs. Without Kane, Eriksen, Chadli and Mason at least that are starters for sure right now imo (as well as Rose and Walker). We struggled to create when they sat back very deep, no big surprise, it's a difficult exercise. We still dominated for extended patches, and apart from a couple of breaks where they looked dangerous we looked in control.

Opened up after the goal and we showed our class, should have been 2 or 3 by the time Hugo had to make that wonderful save.

Vlad looked good just about throughout, good performance from him and Vertonghen. Great to see Bentaleb back and he looked composed and cool as always, will be an asset going forward I think. Lamela was very good I thought. Kane also very good after he came on.

Question marks over Stambouli defensively against their breaks, but the fact is that most defensive midfielders struggle to keep up with really quick players so it's hardly some shocking fact. Otherwise he looked good and got his goal too. Think he deserves a PL start soon.

I give up!! Seems like most people here are just pre-programmed to be as negative as possible! If we don't win by 7-8 goals, we're awful, rubbish, sh*t, useless, you name it! I'm so f*ucking fed up of all this negativity!
FFS!! We won, played some nice football vs a team that was set up to defend and counter. That's difficult to break down for any team! When Soldado and Lamela start hitting the target, more goals will come! Have a little faith and stop picking on every little mistake and only seeing the negative sides!!!

This is my club, my one and only club! COYS!!

Last edited:
Funny how ppl can see different things from the same game.

I thought we were awful, 1st half they created 3/4 half to good chances. We were 2nd to every all. Robbie offered nothing up front (not that we created much for him) felt like we were asleep.

2nd half we started well then went back to our first half performance, but I thought we finished the last 5mins well.

Were you expecting us to just walk out and crush them no problems?

I give up!! Seems like most people here are just pre-programmed to be as negative as possible! If we don't win by 7-8 goals, we're awful, rubbish, sh*t, useless, you name it! I'm so f*ucking fed up of all this negativity!
FFS!! We won, played some nice football vs a team that was set up to defend and counter. That's difficult to break down for any team! When Soldado and Lamela start hitting the target, more goals will come! Have a little faith and stop picking on every little mistake and only seeing the negative sides!!!

i love you

Got to agree with Kandi, the second half was very promising and if not for some poor finishing as well as a couple of poor crosses we could easily have finished 3-4 up. The wastefulness is a problem but the chances were being made and that's one of the biggest things we have needed to see since Stoke. For all those bashing the inverted winger system, it actually worked as both Lamela and Lennon still held the width a lot of the time. Both of them looked very dangerous cutting in, with Davies and Naughton getting up to support and overlap at times (not enough perhaps). Paulinho did alright tonight too although some of his flicks were not what was needed he pressed well from the front when pushed up and screened the back adequately too.

Stambouli though showed again that he deserves a shot in the league team although he did look shattered at the 70 minute mark. The goal aside, he kept his discipline well and held his position well as well as organising those around him.

Lennon created a lot more from the left than from the right. Lamela did well in both positions.

People have been saying for some time that Kane is better in the number 10 position, it's only natural that he drifts around a bit. If you just want us to be a team with two wingers swinging crosses in for Harry Kane all game you're probably going to be very disappointed for a long time. Why not take the positivity where you can get it instead? Lennon played some wonderful balls from the left, Kane did well, Lamela did well...
Great post.

Top man! I agree with Mumorn...

Just back from the match and I didn't think it was a good performance at all, arn't partisan bottom of the group?

Did you watch the first leg? Only 3 shots on target.

No I didn't. So progress then? Not really sure what to say, except I really didn't think it was a good performance against from what I understand is not a very good/ poor team.

A

Back