• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Nathan oduwa..... He's not ready from what I've seen.

Best player we have is josh onomah - watch this space but he looks to be a real player

Oduwa has been injured for most of this season thus far.

When he's fit again and got a few U21 games under his belt, he might catch the attention of the first team coaches. Can play winger, wide forward or even in a number 10 role. He's big, skillful, quick and direct - all qualities that the first team currently lacks to a great degree.

Onomah is indeed a real prospect. Great quality on the ball and, when he fills out, will be physically imposing with it. But he plays in a position where we have greater strength in depth - attacking midfield. Still only 17, he's a year or so younger than Oduwa and has a little to learn yet. He also has that languid style that so many fans just don't get - and assume that the player isn't trying. So I wouldn't expect more than the odd cameo appearance this season, if any at all.

As to him being our best prospect, that's hard to say. We have so much quality coming through. For instance, at centre back, we have Cameron Carter Vickers - a sixteen year old who has already been picked to play for USA U23's against Brazil (has an American dad). There's also a huge buzz about Marcus Edwards. I'd say that he's the one that people are most excited about.

Anyway, it certainly can't hurt our academy's reputation and the morale of our young players to see the first team squad full of academy graduates like Mason, Kane, Townsend, Bentaleb and Rose. Not to mention the likes of Carroll, Pritchard and Fredericks enjoying successful loans and a couple of others - Livermore and Caulker - establishing themselves as Premier League players elsewhere.

Oduwa has been injured for most of this season thus far.

When he's fit again and got a few U21 games under his belt, he might catch the attention of the first team coaches. Can play winger, wide forward or even in a number 10 role. He's big, skillful, quick and direct - all qualities that the first team currently lacks to a great degree.

Onomah is indeed a real prospect. Great quality on the ball and, when he fills out, will be physically imposing with it. But he plays in a position where we have greater strength in depth - attacking midfield. Still only 17, he's a year or so younger than Oduwa and has a little to learn yet. He also has that languid style that so many fans just don't get - and assume that the player isn't trying. So I wouldn't expect more than the odd cameo appearance this season, if any at all.

As to him being our best prospect, that's hard to say. We have so much quality coming through. For instance, at centre back, we have Cameron Carter Vickers - a sixteen year old who has already been picked to play for USA U23's against Brazil (has an American dad). There's also a huge buzz about Marcus Edwards. I'd say that he's the one that people are most excited about.

Anyway, it certainly can't hurt our academy's reputation and the morale of our young players to see the first team squad full of academy graduates like Mason, Kane, Townsend, Bentaleb and Rose. Not to mention the likes of Carroll, Pritchard and Fredericks enjoying successful loans and a couple of others - Livermore and Caulker - establishing themselves as Premier League players elsewhere.

Yep - the likes of livermore are far better than what people gave them credit for and would be more accomplished than the likes of paulinho in our midfield. The only thing I am excited about at the monent is how Poch builds our squad with academy products as we could be onto something promising.

Football is a game of opinions BUT for what it's worth...... Oduwa has amazing talent and athleticism but seems to be a bit of a playground footballer so he could go either way. I have seen Edwards play once and although I am a big fan of carroll, I think that Edwards may struggle a bit because he is so small.... He is still young and will take years and years to develop because of this. Carters-Vickers looks a prospect (haven't seen him live yet) but I don't thinkhe will be particularly tall so that may cause him a few issues as a centre half.

Harry winks looks classy for England under 19s and Ogilve looks a bit like Vertonghen in how he plays...... For me everytime I have seen our under-21s play Onomah has been the best player on the pitch and is often 2 years younger than everyone else - such a classy player who plays like pogba.

Yep - the likes of livermore are far better than what people gave them credit for and would be more accomplished than the likes of paulinho in our midfield. The only thing I am excited about at the monent is how Poch builds our squad with academy products as we could be onto something promising.

Football is a game of opinions BUT for what it's worth...... Oduwa has amazing talent and athleticism but seems to be a bit of a playground footballer so he could go either way. I have seen Edwards play once and although I am a big fan of carroll, I think that Edwards may struggle a bit because he is so small.... He is still young and will take years and years to develop because of this. Carters-Vickers looks a prospect (haven't seen him live yet) but I don't thinkhe will be particularly tall so that may cause him a few issues as a centre half.

Harry winks looks classy for England under 19s and Ogilve looks a bit like Vertonghen in how he plays...... For me everytime I have seen our under-21s play Onomah has been the best player on the pitch and is often 2 years younger than everyone else - such a classy player who plays like pogba.

Of course size might be an issue. There's a long way to go in Edwards' development so no telling whether he will fulfil the promise. In terms of raw ability, though, Edwards is on a different planet to Carroll. Makes so many key passes and can dribble and trick his way past opponents.

CCV is still only 16. Already big and likely to grow bigger. His dad is 6'5" and a former professional basketball player, after all!

Of course size might be an issue. There's a long way to go in Edwards' development so no telling whether he will fulfil the promise. In terms of raw ability, though, Edwards is on a different planet to Carroll. Makes so many key passes and can dribble and trick his way past opponents.

CCV is still only 16. Already big and likely to grow bigger. His dad is 6'5" and a former professional basketball player, after all!

I love watching Oduwa. The lad is just an exciting player to watch.

Bentaleb needs to move the ball quicker if you ask me - similar to Dembele's major weakness. Also think Mason's best position is where he's playing today, rather than in a more advanced role

He wants to play further forward but is more than happy adapting to a slightly deeper role. I'm looking forward to seeing him play further forward, Thursday would be ideal but I realise he won't be, if/when Eriksen is rested and he will be more involved IMO.

B3JQ94ICMAAHJ7p.png

Ryan Mason
90/98 passes, 91.8% accuracy

B3PW3AbIEAArrDW.png

Morgan Schneiderlin
73/79 passes, 92.6% accuracy

Ones he probably can't answer:
Is there any truth to the rumours of a dressing room fall out?

Different questions:
What is your favourite position? What are your goals this season? and most importantly, whats it like to know Roy1983 in real life? :-k

Favourite player ever? Favourite current spurs player?

I can tell you now his favourite position is attacking midfielder and his goal for this season is simply to stay injury free and in the first team. As for knowing me I don't know what he'd say but remember it us his father who is my closer pal.

I'll ask him about his favourite players and the first question too :)

Mason always played the number 10 in the academy didn't he?

He played in CM when I watched him for Doncaster one time, so it's not just recently that he's been moved back.

The more I watch him the more he reminds me of Modric in the way he demands and recycles the ball so much - it's like every 2nd or 3rd touch of the ball is his.

I think he could start eclipsing Wiltshire before long for the ballplaying CM role in the England midfield.

Anyone have any questions they'd like answered by Ryan?

Do academy graduates like him Kane and Townsend feel they have to do more to win over the crowd than expensive signings, and are they aggrieved by that when reason suggests there should be much more unconditional support for 'our own'?

Does he think technical players like him are still prejudiced (cf physical players) coming through youth football in England, or are we finally becoming more progressive?

Is Euro 2016 on his radar?

Last edited:
The more I watch him the more he reminds me of Modric in the way he demands and recycles the ball so much - it's like every 2nd or 3rd touch of the ball is his.

I agree, i always felt he resembled Modric alot in the way he plays.Hopefully he can get somewhere close to Modrics level in the future.

Will he drive to Hull and leave a flaming bag of poop on Livermore's doorstep or would he like one of us to do it for him?

Seriously though, a big thank you would be a massive message to send him. He's been very good this season! I'm guessing answers about the dressing room wouldn't really be answered anyway. More information on his favourite position and being compared to Modric and his role would be interesting though.

He looks to be getting physically stronger all the time. His reaction to the Livermore challenge was very telling, he didn't want to go off and carried on playing through some obvious pain.

I like him a lot. Well done Poch for having confidence in him. Absolutely loving the kids being given a chance.

Back