• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Hull (poll added)

Mulletperm

Milija Aleksic
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aIFWXbJeu37U8q0Llp2P8giRcURRi8Lo8hnr-HREHFM/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

Lloris - 5

Dier - 3
Fazio - 2
Vert - 5
Davies - 4

Mason - 4
Dembele - 2

Lamela - 4
Eriksen - 3
Soldado - 3

Kane - 4

Subs:
Chiriches - 5
Lennon - 5
Paulinho - n/a

Re: Ratings v Hull

LLoris -7

Dier - 5
Fazio - 6
Vert - 6
Davies - 6

Mason - 6
Dembélé - 5

Lamela - 7
Eriksen - 8
Kane - 7

Soldado - 6

Subs:
Chiriches - 5
Lennon - 6
Paulinho - n/a

Ex-Spurs
Dawson - 6
Livermore - 6
Thudd - 5

Lloris 5- was shaky on several high balls
Dier 5- stupid yellow
Fazio 5
Vertonghen 5
Davies 5
Mason 7 once hull went down to ten he moved the ball quickly which is what needed against ten
Dembele 5 didn't do a lot
Lamela 4 thinks he's a worldbeater but in essence he needs to able to pass the ball. And also go on the outside at times.
Eriksen 7 thought he offered more when he moved back in alongside Mason good free kick and goal
Soldado 6 missed a chance which he will be disappointed with, telling that we looked less effective once he went off
Kane 6 not his best performance but got the goal and that's what a striker is judged on
Chririches 5 offered a better option that Dier imo
Lennon 5 gave us some much needed width
Paulinho n/a although thought he slowed down our movement of the ball.

LLoris -7

Dier - 5
Fazio - 6
Vert - 6
Davies - 6

Mason - 6
Dembélé - 5

Lamela - 6
Eriksen - 8
Kane - 7

Soldado - 6

Subs:
Chiriches - 5
Lennon - 7
Paulinho - 4

**** me, I must have been watching a different game. Eriksen 8? Lamela 7? Lloris 7?

Mason above Dembele? wtf..

before the sending off Mason was poor and Dembele pretty good. His distribution of the ball wasn't great but positionally he was very good.

They were both godawful. Dembele nearly cost us a goal with sloppy passing and offered nothing going forward.

Lloris - 6 - Shaky handling, but some good saves

Dier - 4 - Poor. Offered little going forward and looked dodgy at the back

Fazio - 6 - Ok

Vertonghen - 6 - Same

Davies - 7 - Quite good going forward in the second half

Mason - 7 - Fairly anonymous first half but did well in he second, good passing.

Dembele - 4 - Crap. Offered very little as an attacking outlet and didn't protect the defence enough when it was 11 v 11

Eriksen - 7 - Quiet first half, but the second was as good as he's played for us, some nice passes, a great free-kick for the first goal and then a brilliantly taken second to win the game

Lamela - 6 - Really like his work rate, but gives the ball away so often

Soldado - 6 - Some really nice link-up play, but missed a good chance

Kane - 3 - Awful. Luckily scored a tap-in into an open goal, but this was a really poor performance from him in a game that he shouldn't have started. Missed a really good headed chance from close range, gave the ball away a lot, slowed the play down and generally offered very little. Yeah he's "one of our own", but we need far better than this leading the line.

Subs:

Chiriches - 7 - Didn't have much defending to do in the second half, but he offered much more going forward than Dier

Lennon - 7 - Changed the game when he came on, good direct running at pace to tire Hull out and he delivered some decent balls into the box. I have no idea why he isn't starting as our wing play has been very poor this season.

Paulinho - N/A - Nothing of note

Poch - 6 - Poor starting line-up. A lot of people have been calling for Kaboul, Capoue, Rose and Adebayor to be dropped, but this wasn't the set-up to go for. We had Michael Dawson at Spurs for many years, we know full well that the type of striker he flourishes against are slow and unskilled players like Kane. We know that he's good at dealing with high balls and making last ditch blocks and challenges in crowded spaces. We know that the situation he struggles in is when a fast attacker with good dribbling technique is running at him in space. So why play such a narrow and slow attack in the first half? We should have started with Lennon to widen the play and isolate him against Lamela's pace. It didn't work and we were poor in the first half. Also Stambouli should have started ahead of Dembele as Hull caused us a lot of problems from not having a proper DM in the middle.

Poch has been criticised for failing to make the correct tactical decisions, and yes we got lucky with the red card, but the substitutions and second half switches made a big difference and won the game for us. It was a big call to take off Dier for Vlad with a like for like RB substitution when we're chasing a goal, but it worked well as Vlad gave us more attacking width. Once they went down to 10 men, he recognised what needed to be done and brought on Lennon on one wing, with Lamela moving to the other, ensuring our we widened the play, thus making more space to use our extra man advantage. You might look at it and say he was reckless, going all out attack against the 10 men and we got lucky with a late goal, but we firmly made our advantage count as Hull hardly had a sniff in the second half. It was nerve racking, but remember that Soldado, Kane and Lamela all missed very good chances to get the second goal, had they scored earlier it would have felt a lot more comfortable.

I thought loris was poor except for one save. He has too many games like this for my liking.

Eriksen doesn't like to be manhandled so he should start from deep, however he doesn't suit Poch's plan until the other team gets a red card.... Poch needs to reconsider s tactics otherwise risk being seen as avb II.

Lamela showed leadership by example ... Winning many tackles int the first half while we got our act together, and pretty much covering every blade of grass box to box. He is a player like carrick, you won't appreciate him til he is gone.

Soldado should be scoring in a game or two... He and Kane are the best partnership we have, and he is quite a pro on the pitch, ready to get stuck in, and clever in drawing the fouls and cards.

Paulinho I don't care to much to comment...

Mason above Dembele? wtf..

before the sending off Mason was poor and Dembele pretty good. His distribution of the ball wasn't great but positionally he was very good.

I thought that Dembele was pretty average throughout. Mason was average in the first half and good in the second. Out of the two, only one did enough to justify holding onto their place.

Loris 7 - couple of mistakes redeemed by crucial saves

Dier 6 - rash challenge for booking but okay otherwise

Fazio 6 - he's okay, not sure he's that much better than Daws though

Verts 5 - poor show in getting Ramirez sent off thus spoiling the game as a contest

Davies 7 - looked decent going forward

Dembele 6 - didn't influence the game enough for me

Mason 7 - continues to impress without pulling up any trees

Lamela 7 - would have been 8 but for his tendency to take on one too many defenders rather than make the simple pass

Kane 7 - refreshing the way he constantly looks to attack; well taken goal

Eriksen 7 - poor first half but stamped his authority second. Excellently taken FK and goal

Soldado 5 - bewildering how consistently he fluffs his chances

Subs

Chiriches 5 - how can you call yourself a defender when you don't even challenge for the simplest of headers?

Lennon 7 - good to see him back and busy-busy again. Couple of good crosses too.

Paulinho 5

Poch 7 - brave selections - or were they forced on him through injuries and suspensions?

9 - Dawson
7 - Mason, Davies, Eriksen, Chiriches
6 - Lloris, Fazio, Verts, Lamela, Lennon, Kane, Soldado
5 - Dier, Dembele, Paulinho

Lloris 5

Dier 5
Fazio 4
Vertonghen 6
Davies 5

Mason 6
Dembele 5

Lamela 5
Kane 6
Eriksen 8

Soldado 4

Chiriches 4
Lennon 5
Paulinho 5

Pochettino 5

Lamela - 8. I think this will divide opinion. One of his better games today. I saw some signs that he is adjusting to the speed of the Prem and moved it very quickly at times with Eriksen. Work rate was brilliant. He's got great ball control, when he receives the ball I do feel a little more excited than when I see certain other player's receive it. Anyone questioning his ability should run his performance alongside Kane's/Soldado's today. Got a feeling this lad is gonna come good. Poch knows he's a player. Cant wait for him to find a few goals/assists so its recognised more. We probably don't appreciate the class and potential of this lad because we want success from players immediately, but like someone above said, we would miss him if he wasn't with us.

Whilst he's working his socks off like today, I am definitely happy to keep him in the team.

COYS

Not sure why some people gave davies a 7 - thought he was poor

Personally - I don't remember him particularly being beaten, and thought he got forward a lot and used the ball well. Not spectacular, but decent in all aspects.

Back