• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFA accuse FA of damaging their image

Fifa will publish report into England 2018 bid in return for legal waiver

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/19/sepp-blatter-

"The Fifa president Sepp Blatter has challenged the Football Association to waive its right to legal action against them and it will publish Michael Garcia’s conclusions on England’s 2018 World Cup bid in full.

In a ***-for-tat response to a letter from the FA chairman Greg Dyke calling for the whole of Garcia’s report on the World Cup bidding process to be published in full, Blatter put the ball back in the FA’s court."

Fifa whistleblower Phaedra Al-Majid fears for her safety

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30122601

Fifa whistleblower Phaedra Al-Majid has said she will "look over my shoulder for the rest of my life".

Al-Majid claimed she heard Qatari officials offer three African Fifa executive-committee members $1.5m (£960,000) to vote for them as World Cup hosts in 2022.

She said she was then coerced into signing a sworn, legal document retracting allegations of corruption.

"I've been introduced to a whole new culture of paranoia, fear and threats," Al-Majid told BBC Sport.

"I will always look over my shoulder for the rest of my life."

Qatar's World Cup organising body, the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, has always said it "vehemently" denies all allegations of wrongdoing.

Al-Majid's evidence was not mentioned in last week's summary of Fifa's corruption investigation on the basis it could not be relied upon.

FIFA World Cup Qatar bid: FBI involved, says whistleblower Phaedra Almajid

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9570448/fifa-world-cup-qatar-bid-fbi-involved-says-whistleblower-phaedra-almajid

Almajid told Sky: "I was at home watching TV and then there were three FBI agents at my doorstep and said they wanted to talk to me. I let them in and they said to me, ‘We are here because we know you have received threats and we know the security and that of your children has been jeopardised, so we want to be here to see what we can do to help you’.

“It was terrifying. I opened up the door and there were three men there with their badges and they asked me all questions pertaining to my time in Qatar, what I had observed, what I had witnessed, everything and especially about the threats and affidavit."

Things are now moving along rapidly. The coming days/weeks may prove "entertaining"

Last edited:
Fifa will publish report into England 2018 bid in return for legal waiver

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/19/sepp-blatter-

"The Fifa president Sepp Blatter has challenged the Football Association to waive its right to legal action against them and it will publish Michael Garcia’s conclusions on England’s 2018 World Cup bid in full.

In a ***-for-tat response to a letter from the FA chairman Greg Dyke calling for the whole of Garcia’s report on the World Cup bidding process to be published in full, Blatter put the ball back in the FA’s court."

That's like a rapist promising to plead guilty if the court waives its right to punish him for it.

That's like a rapist promising to plead guilty if the court waives its right to punish him for it.

Isn't it also essentially them confirming that the 'bidding process' was corrupt as anything?

How on earth are they getting away with this? Absolutely disgusting.

Now that Michael Garcia has resigned from FIFAs ethics team I would think the media will somehow now get a copy of the report from an unnamed source.

There were interesting articles in the last Private Eye and the current When Saturday Comes on this. I also found the discussions on Football Weekly Extra on this interesting.

Back