• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306520

They clearly have issues and why are they still upset over a cup final that was played over 30 years ago?

edit: I was actually thinking of this pre-pre match thread: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306453

And what the **** is up with this ****:

Question: when did they in fact last beat us? Goes back a ways, if my calculations are right. Sorry, just thought, they did beat us at their place two seasons back. But we've given them maulings, before and after that, at their place and ours. Lloris is a terrific keeper, but it still doesn't look to me as thought they've got a defence. I think Spurs are one of the teams that we have a definite psychological advantage over. They don't fancy it at the Etihad.

Why oh why oh why is Tottenham the SECOND team listed on the title? Scrap this piece of trash and start again please.

Red card for Kompany in the first 10 mins, resulting in a penalty. Aguero to be sent off after 20mins for being short also resulting in a penalty. Yaya to get sent off after 30mins because his FIFA 2015 stats aren't good enough and a third peno. I think we need Soldado on for this one because of all the penalties we are bound to get.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306520

They clearly have issues and why are they still upset over a cup final that was played over 30 years ago?

edit: I was actually thinking of this pre-pre match thread: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306453

And what the **** is up with this ****:

Yeah, it goes back all of 18 months ago the last time we beat them. They make it seem like it was 20 years ago.

We've actually taken more points from them than any other Premier League side, not so much lately admittedly.

Why the disappointment????

You do realise I am offering up my OMT virginity as an offering to the gods! with the sole aim that if we can pull something off it will make all the spurs fans on here happy as larry!

I have prostrated myself before the gods! I love this club! what more do you want? they didn't want a score prediction or a picture of a badger looking horny!

Special consideration needs to be made for Silva who drifts into the pockets between the full backs and the dm! I also reckon if we get any attacking joy it will be down the right hand side rather than the one where Milner offers great defensive protection!

Sold! Back to the Church of Nigey I go.

Spurs to win, zero smiling from Ade, 4-3 prediction, straight swap transfer deal between Fernandinho and Pauline at half-time.

Yeah, it goes back all of 18 months ago the last time we beat them. They make it seem like it was 20 years ago.

We've actually taken more points from them than any other Premier League side, not so much lately admittedly.

Yep...All we have to do is re-sign Dempsey, JD , The Hudd and GHod...

[video=youtube;3e78szr0iiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e78szr0iiE[/video]

And reappoint AVB ... :lol:

Why oh why oh why is Tottenham the SECOND team listed on the title? Scrap this piece of trash and start again please.

Because we are away! didn't notice how I put our club in capital letters belittling the other lot?!!!

poo poo review of an omt!

If Chadli and Naughton are out...

-------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------

Dier----------------------Kaboul----------Vertonghen------------------Rose

-------------------------------Capoue---Dembele----------------------------

-------------------------------------Mason-----------------------------------

----Lamela--------------------------------------------------------Eriksen----

----------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------

No way should Mason start in a 2 man CM for this one....he'll get exposed viciously.

If Chadli and Naughton are out...

-------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------

Dier----------------------Kaboul----------Vertonghen------------------Rose

-------------------------------Capoue---Dembele----------------------------

-------------------------------------Mason-----------------------------------

----Lamela--------------------------------------------------------Eriksen----

----------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------

No way should Mason start in a 2 man CM for this one....he'll get exposed viciously.

I think I'm with you on this one. If we go toe to toe with them it will probably end badly. Extra bod in midfield and try and catch them on the counter.

If Chadli isn't playing I'd actually play Kane to replace him. Him, Eriksen and Lamela behind Soldado would be nice to see.

Definitely. Kane's clearly 4th choice AM now IMO.

I think we'll have to play like a Tony Pullis team. Put on the speedsters Lennon and Townsend and hoof it up to them in the spaces behind their attacking full-backs...

I'd hate to see us do that. Play like a relegation battler. I'm not saying go cavalier toe-to-toe, but let's keep the cerebral AMs over the stopwatch ones.

The theory also ignores the practice - that Lennon and Townsend have about 2 goals and 1 assists between them in the last 2 years and aren't actually effective.

He didn't against Arsenal.

Plus it's not really a 2 man CM if Eriksen tucks in a little to.

The Capoue-Mason partnership has been the impetus for our changing fortunes and has to be retained.

Definitely. Kane's clearly 4th choice AM now IMO.

I'd hate to see us do that. Play like a relegation battler. I'm not saying go cavalier toe-to-toe, but let's keep the cerebral AMs over the stopwatch ones.

The theory also ignores the practice - that Lennon and Townsend have about 2 goals and 1 assists between them in the last 2 years and aren't actually effective.

Plus it's not really a 2 man CM if Eriksen tucks in a little to shuffles across a little bit.

The Capoue-Mason partnership has been the impetus for our changing fortunes and has to be retained.

Fixed for you ;)

Plus it's not really a 2 man CM if Eriksen tucks in a little to.

He sure as hell did against Arsenal. In a positional sense he was poor and it was Capoue who bailed him out.

Eriksen tucks in to midfield? when has that happened? it's a 2 man midfield..that's what we've been playing.

A0122_zps52cd5ae4.jpg

Emirates Marketing Project host Tottenham Hotspur at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday 18th October 2014 (KO 12:45) in the 8th round of Premier League matches in the 2014-15 season.

City come into the match in second place in the Premier League on 14 points with Spurs in sixth place on 11 points. This will be the 149th time the two teams have met.

The first meeting came on 16th January 1909 in the FA Cup 1st round (today's 3rd round) at Hyde Road in Ardwick (City's original name) in a match which Spurs won 4-3.

The first League meeting came in the First Division in December 1910 at White Hart Lane and resulted in a 1-1 draw. Walter Tull, who was the first black outfield footballer to play League football scored Tottenham's goal. City won the reverse fixture in January 1911 2-1.

All the League meetings between Spurs and City up to season 1934-35 took place in the First Division.

The clubs were drawn together in the 1913-14 FA Cup 2nd round with City wining 2-1 at Hyde Road (City would move to Maine Road in 1923 and stay there for the next 80 years) and also met in the 1921-22 FA Cup 3rd round with FA Cup holders Tottenham beating City 2-1 at White Hart Lane.

The only League meetings between the clubs outside the Top Flight took place either side of the Second World War with City winning both Second Division matches in the 1938-39 season and taking three points out of four off Spurs in the Second Division matches played in 1946-47.

Spurs and City resumed their Top Flight meetings in the 1951-52 season.

The clubs contested the 1956 FA Cup Semi-Final at Villa Park with City winning 1-0 with a goal scored by Bobby Johnstone. City would go on to win the FA Cup that season, beating Birmingham City 3-1 in the Final at Wembley.

Tottenham Hotspur and Emirates Marketing Project contested the centenary FA Cup Final in 1981. The match finished in a 1-1 draw after extra time after Tommy Hutchison had put City ahead but also scored an unfortunate own goal.

The replay was the first to be played at Wembley and Spurs won 3-2 with a brace from Ricky Villa and a goal from Garth Crooks. City goals were scored by Steve MacKenzie and Kevin Reeves. Ricky Villa's second goal was voted Goal of the Century and the match is one of the best remembered Finals of all-time.

The first of three Football League Cup meetings came in the 1992 3rd Round with Spurs winning 1-0 at Maine Road with a Vinny Samways goal. Tottenham also won the other two matches - a 4th Round match in 2003 3-1 and a 5th round match in 2007 2-0.

City had an amazing comeback in the 2004 FA Cup 4th Round replay at White Hart Lane after going three goals down to goals from Ledley King, Robbie Keane and Christian Ziege in the first half. City, who had been reduced to ten men after Joey Barton received a second yellow card, scored four second half goals from Sylvain Distin, Paul Bosvelt, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Jonathan Macken to win a memorable game 4-3.

Both Spurs and City were founder-members of the Premier League, although City have only competed in 17 of the 22 seasons played in the competition so far, while Spurs have been one of seven ever-present clubs.

Spurs have generally had the upper hand during this era with twenty wins to City's eight wins and five matches drawn. The 65 points Spurs have taken off City is second only to the points taken off Everton.

In 2009-10, Spurs did the 'double' over City with a 3-0 win at the Lane with goals from Nico Kranjcar (2) and Jermain Defoe followed by a vital 1-0 end of season win at Eastlands, which secured fourth place and Champions League football for Spurs thanks to a Peter Crouch goal.

The 2010-11 fixtures featured an opening day of the season match at White Hart Lane which finished in a 0-0 draw and a late season game at Eastlands which City won 1-0 thanks to a Peter Crouch own goal. During the summer of 2011, Spurs secured the services of Emirates Marketing Project's Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor on a season's loan.

The match at White Hart Lane in August 2011 ended in a comprehensive 5-1 win to Emirates Marketing Project with Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko scoring four goals for the visitors, who were 2-0 up at half-time. Sergio Aguero also scored for City while Tottenham's goal came from Younes Kaboul.

The game at Etihad Stadium in January 2012 resulted in a 3-2 win for Emirates Marketing Project. After a goalless first half, City scored twice through Samir Nasri and Joleon Lescott before Spurs made things level with goals from Jermain Defoe on the hour mark and Gareth Bale five minutes later. But a last minute penalty from Mario Balotelli secured the points for the home side.

Emmanuel Adebayor made his move permanent to Spurs during the summer of 2012. The teams met in Manchester in November 2012 and a Steven Cauker header put Spurs ahead after 21 minutes. City equalised through Sergio Aguero in the 65th minute and substitute Edin Dzeko secured the three points for the home side two minutes before the match ended. Spurs beat City 3-1 in April 2013 with Clint Dempsey, Jermain Defoe & Gareth Bale all scoring for Spurs and Samir Nasri scoring for City.

Jesus Navas scored in the opening minute to put City ahead at the Etihad in November 2013 and Sandro put through his own goal on 34 minutes. Sergio Aguero scored in the 41st minute to give City a 3-0 lead at half-time. He added another goal five minutes after the break and Alvaro Negredo scored City's fifth in the 55th minute. Jesus Navas completed the scoring in the last minute for a throroughly comprehensive 6-0 City win.

The game at White Hart Lane in January 2014 also saw a 5-1 City thrashing of Spurs with Aguero, Yaya Toure, Dzeko, Jovetic and Kompany all on the score sheet while Etienne Capoue scored Spurs only goal.

Overall, Spurs have won 58 games, City have won 56 games and the remaining 34 matches played have been drawn.

Emmanuel Adebayor
Clive Allen
(Player with both clubs, Spurs development manager)
Jamie Atwell
Kevin Bond (City player, Spurs asst manager)
Ivor Broadis
Michael Brown

Jock Chaplin
Vedran Corluka
Bill Felton
Márton Fülöp
Foster Hedley
Chris Jones
Neil McNab
Bobby Mimms

Joe Moffatt
John Sainty (Spurs player, City coach)
Bert Sproston
Alex Steel
Paul Stewart
Perry Suckling (City player, Spurs coach)
Ben Thatcher
Paul Walsh

Charlie Williams
Clive Wilson
Alex Young

I think we'll have to play like a Tony Pullis team. Put on the speedsters Lennon and Townsend and hoof it up to them in the spaces behind their attacking full-backs...

To be honest, I'm not overly enthused at the idea but I do think, needs must. I think it's important we look to stay in this game for as long as possible and then later on in the game, try to win it with our quality players.

He sure as hell did against Arsenal. In a positional sense he was poor and it was Capoue who bailed him out.

I can't say that I noticed that. In fact I would have said that his reading of the game and covering for his fullback was better than the other players that have played there this season.

Can you give any examples (even better with clips) where you feel that he was poor positionally?

I can't say that I noticed that. In fact I would have said that his reading of the game and covering for his fullback was better than the other players that have played there this season.

Can you give any examples (even better with clips) where you feel that he was poor positionally?

give you clips? well no i can't tbh.

i saw with my eyes he was positionally poor and Capoue was left exposed often (but did an excellent job). I mentioned it numerous times at the time and there was a discussion on it....

Back