• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

Benteke. Do.not.want.

All brawns, no brain. Overachieved in his first season. Villa will want at least 20 million, worth 10 at most.

im sure you said on a few occasions that Costa was sh!te and would be a huge flop in the PL :).................Benteke is better than you give him credit for. The big problem is how he comes back from a bad achilles injury

Rodriguez will be like Sturridge - he'll do a couple more seasons as a LWF, then move into the centre.

I'd love to see Rodriguez-Eriksen-Lamela lining up behind Soldado - that would be pretty devastating IMO.

Chadli, Kane, Townsend and Ade the 4 back-up players.
i think Rodriguez is ready to move back to the centre tbh. Also id have Eriksen, mata and Lamela lined up behind him ;)

Benteke. Do.not.want.

All brawns, no brain. Overachieved in his first season. Villa will want at least 20 million, worth 10 at most.

I'd take Benteke at the right price - he can't be any less effective than Ade. Like you say though Villa will want silly money - didn't they quote something really ridiculous like £30M last time? I'd take him for £10M-£12M with a load of add-ons involving us winning the CL, etc. If he's as good as Villa seem to think then we should win all competitions at a canter.

Im sure there are a couple in Germany who must be good and could adapt to English football?

Knowing us, we will bring Defoe in on loan.

Yeah - we're not signing anyone big in January.

Remember the sum total of our last two Januarys was Holtby and Fryers.

I don't think Poch will even go for crap players on loan - I think the squad is still too big for him.

Exploiting Rodriguez's contract situation is the best we can hope for, and that'll probably be dependent on moving Lennon on.

I would take Defoe back in a heartbeat - should never have let him go.

Why not? Under Sherwood he might of done well, but our two main managers AVB and Poch both player with a lone striker. He wouldnt of been any good in that role, and it was obvious he was fed up of being on the bench....

I'd take Benteke at the right price - he can't be any less effective than Ade. Like you say though Villa will want silly money - didn't they quote something really ridiculous like £30M last time? I'd take him for £10M-£12M with a load of add-ons involving us winning the CL, etc. If he's as good as Villa seem to think then we should win all competitions at a canter.

Agreed. Offer Villa some of our dross in part ex. Paulingo, Ade Solly for starters. Free up the squad places and reduce the wage bill.

BENTEKE.

Has it all. Big, strong, fast, good in the air, has done it in the EPL, and is young(ish).

None of those attributes would appear to apply to Soldo. So, it seems there are some quite different ideas and opinions regarding who would fit Poch' system.

Of our current three options we are sadly lacking in pace! We need a speedster imo, I have wanted Benteke for a long time now, I agree with Pirate, I think Benteke has everything and I would love us to sign him, with pace and dribbling prowess and impressive movement Berahino looks like a decent shout!

Benteke hasn't yet managed to prove himself anything other than a one season wonder.

I was against signing him a year ago, and I've not yet seen anything to make me change my mind.

We need to think outside the box. Out of the three strikers we have I'd only keep one of them. Go abroad, strikers from England will cost far too much, for far little. Get our scouts to do their damn jobs, as they've been very poor in regards to finding a new striker for years.

im sure you said on a few occasions that Costa was sh!te and would be a huge flop in the PL :).................Benteke is better than you give him credit for. The big problem is how he comes back from a bad achilles injury

Categorically stating he would flop was Mumorn.

I may have expressed concerns that he'd only had one good season and been extremely hopeful it wasn't his true level.

Benteke only worth £10m :ross: do me a favour. Adebayor went for £25m after having one good season at Arsenal and he's lived off that ever since. He scored 19 in 34 for one of the worst teams in the league, then scored 10 in 26, not earth shattering but still better than 1 in 3 again for a **** side. Better in the air than Ade, better finisher, better hold up play and more professional than Ade.

My first choice would be Llorente but wouldn't be against Benteke.

We ain't getting him for less than £20m, he's 23 and premier league proven. With that's a better option than a younger/cheaper option that our scouts can dig up is another matter.

We ain't getting him for less than £20m, he's 23 and premier league proven. With that's a better option than a younger/cheaper option that our scouts can dig up is another matter.
If our scouts can't find better for the money Villa want, they want shooting.

Back