• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I'm not worried about the fact that he's not scoring. Our overall build-up play can be pretty poor so as long as he's providing chances, I can't complain. However, his giveaway back into the box that led to the goal was a bit worrying. He knew he made a mistake but I hope it'll make him more determined in the coming matches.

I'm not worried about the fact that he's not scoring. Our overall build-up play can be pretty poor so as long as he's providing chances, I can't complain. However, his giveaway back into the box that led to the goal was a bit worrying. He knew he made a mistake but I hope it'll make him more determined in the coming matches.

It was an unfortunate mistake, a miskick, it can happen. Too bad it lead to a series of miskicks and a goal.

Lamela is quickly becoming my favorite player in this team of our's simply for the effort he puts into every game. Sure, he can be classy too, didn't show much of it yesterday, but we need him in the side for his efforts alone.

Trying to hard and being very selfish at the moment when the pass is the better option. Think we could still get £18 - £20m for him and if his performance s do not get any better we should get rid of him and Ade. I am a fan of Lamela and really do hope he comes good but at the moment he seems like a continental Townsend who doesn't shoot as much.

Another lovely assist for Lamela, I feel he does need to do the simple thing more often but you cant fault his attitude and his want to do well, ok he isnt scoring but is making pretty much a goal a game for somebody which is as good as scoring for his role

It was an unfortunate mistake, a miskick, it can happen. Too bad it lead to a series of miskicks and a goal.

Lamela is quickly becoming my favorite player in this team of our's simply for the effort he puts into every game. Sure, he can be classy too, didn't show much of it yesterday, but we need him in the side for his efforts alone.

I still find it unfathomable that players do not even want to use their 'wrong' foot to kick the ****ing ball. His right foot and the worst case scenario would have been miscuing it out for a throw in.

Trying to hard and being very selfish at the moment when the pass is the better option. Think we could still get £18 - £20m for him and if his performance s do not get any better we should get rid of him and Ade. I am a fan of Lamela and really do hope he comes good but at the moment he seems like a continental Townsend who doesn't shoot as much.

3 assists in 6 league games so far this season. Not very Townsend-esque to me.

a continental Townsend
P-lease!

Lamela is rapidly becoming an automatic name on the teamsheet. Townsend is rapidly earning a transfer to Burnley.

This is just a load of **** really isn't it? I mean do you actually watch the games? He had an assist on Saturday, last Wednesday and was one of two players who actually tried to play against west Brom and you want rid? Seriously? He is showing flashes at the moment in a team that quite frankly has no Chemistry whatsoever. The players have settled and need to now learn eachother's games. We also need a goal scorer, at present kane looks the only striker capable of putting the ball in the back of the net.

I worry when I read spurs fans make such a bad smell!

This is just a load of **** really isn't it? I mean do you actually watch the games? He had an assist on Saturday, last Wednesday and was one of two players who actually tried to play against west Brom and you want rid? Seriously? He is showing flashes at the moment in a team that quite frankly has no Chemistry whatsoever. The players have settled and need to now learn eachother's games. We also need a goal scorer, at present kane looks the only striker capable of putting the ball in the back of the net.

I worry when I read spurs fans make such a bad smell!

So because i do not agree with your opinion it means mine is incorrect? I'm going by what i see and the guy does far too much with the ball and tries to hard. I want him to do well but i'm not getting on the bandwagon yet as apart from a couple of assists (which a £30m player should be doing at the very least) i have not been overly impressed yet.

he is developing into a fantastic player…African called one element we need to make happen and brain the other, although i think if we played Soldado and Kane with him and allowed him to be 'the' man, we'd have some great success…happy with him right now.

I am also satisfied with Lamela this season but I am sure there is more to come from him, he needs to be getting us goals, in pre season he rattled in a few so have seen he can finish with that left foot of his.

Still he is making assists and showing glimpses of star quality, I believe he will get better as the season goes on, he just needs to steer clear of injuries, clearly a confidence player....poch needs to keep telling him he is a star and that he has the ability to be a major player in the epl!

he is developing into a fantastic player…African called one element we need to make happen and brain the other, although i think if we played Soldado and Kane with him and allowed him to be 'the' man, we'd have some great success…happy with him right now.

Im not going to use superlatives simply because I dont think he has shown anything to warrant such labels.

Fantastic? He has definitely shown more this season than he did last season which is an improvement but he has such a long way to go before he can be labelled as 'fantastic'. Perhaps im a harsh critic but he still dwells on the ball, his step overs really infuriate me (there is a Bentley about him) - he would be far more effective if he did the simple things (like on Saturday with the ball to Chadli) rather than the difficult stuff he tries to do.

This argument saying he costs X so therefore should be able to do Y is ridiculous. If we paid £40m for a centre back, we'd still have fans claiming they should be scoring 30 goals a season.

This argument saying he costs X so therefore should be able to do Y is ridiculous. If we paid £40m for a centre back, we'd still have fans claiming they should be scoring 30 goals a season.

true somewhat but you do expect better performance (eventually) for what you pay for.

that premium we spent on lamela was always about the boy's potential, not what he is today.

Lamela now has 6 assists in 9 league and Cup matches so far this season. That is a good record. But he really should be scoring goals for us. It is disappointing he still has not scored a league goal since joining us last season. Hope he will score soon.

Back