• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

No room for sentiment in football, he's not good enough anymore so thanks and goodbye. If he was better than Spurs then he'd have only done the same to us at some point.

No room for sentiment in football, he's not good enough anymore so thanks and goodbye. If he was better than Spurs then he'd have only done the same to us at some point.
Football is full of sentiment, often misplaced. I am sentimental about Daws and am proud to be so. Ditto Greaves, Nicholson, Hoddle, Ginola, Bale, Jones, White, Mackay and sooo many others.

Last edited:

Football is full of sentiment, often misplaced. I am sentimental about Daws and am proud to be so.

I agree that there's a lot of sentiment in football.

But at the same time I think it's possible to be sentimental about Dawson and accept that selling him could be the best decision.

I be sorry to see him go, but if he is upgraded, then so be it. It is always what's best for the club than an individual player.

Football is full of sentiment, often misplaced. I am sentimental about Daws and am proud to be so. Ditto Greaves, Nicholson, Hoddle, Ginola, Bale, Jones, White, Mackay and sooo many others.

Well said. I wouldn't mind if Dawson retired at Spurs.

He's a better cb than Kaboul and chiriches so should be retained unless we bring in Fazio and another Cb.

The only thing he's better at than Kaboul is staying fit, Kaboul has much more ability than Dawson could ever have. As for Chiriches there's no way you can properly judge, but he showed a lot of potential - especially as he was playing without properly recovered from injury later in season....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I agree. For me Daws was our best CB last season. I'm not looking forward to Jan and Kab v Remy and Caulker today.

agree too.Also as ive said before, we wont find anyone as good as him, with his passion and love for the club, who is also willing to sit on the bench and be a squad player.For the price we would get it would make absolutely zero sense in selling him, imo.Hope he finishes his career with us.

There was no demand for Dawson so we were left stuck with him, it can't be helped when the 2nd best team in Italy come in for one of your players.

Rossi22;594002[B said:
]There was no demand for Dawson so we were left stuck with him[/B], it can't be helped when the 2nd best team in Italy come in for one of your players.

hahahahahahhahahah oh man...yeh that's the only reason why we kept him for 10 years...nothing to do with his performances (talk about being delusional).

Anyway it's pretty irrelevant now anyway as both will probably be flogged.

Dawson is ****, get rid.

Difference between us and Arsenal is Arsenal wouldnt allow such **** players to stay around their team.

There was no demand for Dawson so we were left stuck with him, it can't be helped when the 2nd best team in Italy come in for one of your players.

If chiriches was that good we wouldn't be selling him let's be honest it's a position we are desparately trying to cover. How many English players have been coveted by foreign clubs? The apparent lack of clubs who have come in for Dawson is a red herring. How does any fan know over the years who has come in for him. Granted the top English clubs can afford to buy the best centre halves in the world and Dawson now does not fit into that bracket. However, he has always been a good enough for us and even at this late stage of his career has other Pl clubs wanting him.

Back