• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Yeah, slight worry to think that Fazio is second choice for us behind Musacchio and neither of them being good enough for Argentina's World Cup squad. Arguably making Fazio the 6th best Argentinian centre back at best, a position where Argentina are a bit troubled actually.

But like you say, manager's preference and all that. Can't read too much into it.

Walking into the final with 3 goals conceded and 4 clean sheets is a sign of a solid defense for me.

This worries me a bit.

We missed out on Mussachio and we are now down to our 2nd choise .Who is a left footed (same as Verts), big ,slow player . Big injury history and 27 years old, and with a release clause for 8 million .

But then again I have never seen him play, and we have to trust Pochettino I guess :)

He's captain of a club that's been far more successful than us in recent years, so that's a good sign. As long as we don't play the wretched high line of last season, we don't necessarily need fast CBs. I've never seen him play, bar a bit of You Tube, so can't make any detailed comments. From the little I know, he seems to be worth the money, but hey, could be completely wrong.

He's captain of a club that's been far more successful than us in recent years, so that's a good sign. As long as we don't play the wretched high line of last season, we don't necessarily need fast CBs. I've never seen him play, bar a bit of You Tube, so can't make any detailed comments. From the little I know, he seems to be worth the money, but hey, could be completely wrong.

I hope you are right :) , we really deserve a steal or two in the transfermarket . We have been very unfortunate/bad in the last couple of seasons when it comes to buying players .

We missed out on Mussachio and we are now down to our 2nd choise .

Welcome to the real world - that's the reality for any team without a sugar daddy, unwilling to bid over the odds and unable to offer CL and/or mind blowing wages

Who is a left footed (same as Verts), big ,slow player .

Says who? From what I read he is happy on either right or left CB. He is big - I grant you; which is exactly why I look forward to signing him; very few CBs succeed in the Premiership if they are not tall and strong and good in the air. Slow? He has played in the La Liga against he likes of Messi, Rossi, Benzema, etc. and was good enough to hold his place and get the captain's arm band. Looks like a leader and a tough SOB - exactly what we need.

Big injury history and 27 years old, and with a release clause for 8 million .

Didn't he just have one serious injury? How many players of his age can say that they did not have one? 27 years? Perfect age - if he really excels we don't need to worry about a Real coming in to do a Bale. Release clause? Since when is a release clause a good assessment of a player's capabilities.

Really excited about this link....

he seems to miss quite a few league games each season.....injuries?dropped?rotated?

he seems to miss quite a few league games each season.....injuries?dropped?rotated?

Via Spurs55 on COYS:

Stats from the past 3 seasons on transfermarkt, which is pretty reliable

13/14 - 41 appearances, in the squad for 44 of 59 matches
12/13 - 33 appearances (no europe), in the squad for 37 of 46 matches
11/12 - 33 appearances (no europe), in the squad for 37 of 42 matches

---

Looks pretty steady to me. This is in all comps I think.

This worries me a bit.

We missed out on Mussachio and we are now down to our 2nd choise .Who is a left footed (same as Verts), big ,slow player . Big injury history and 27 years old, and with a release clause for 8 million .

But then again I have never seen him play, and we have to trust Pochettino I guess :)

Could be our 10th choice for all we know. You can research and grade players as much as you want, but in the end it's still a gamble. From what I can remember, Mertesacker was a panic buy by Wenger late in the window, didn't work out too bad eventually.

Via Spurs55 on COYS:

Stats from the past 3 seasons on transfermarkt, which is pretty reliable

13/14 - 41 appearances, in the squad for 44 of 59 matches
12/13 - 33 appearances (no europe), in the squad for 37 of 46 matches
11/12 - 33 appearances (no europe), in the squad for 37 of 42 matches

---

Looks pretty steady to me. This is in all comps I think.
thanks.....yeah overall thats quite steady i guess

The Sevilla fans on the forum i visited say that last season was his only good season. Before that he was apparently rather bad.

The Sevilla fans on the forum i visited say that last season was his only good season. Before that he was apparently rather bad.

most central defenders get better with age. Id say his best years ahead of him. Thats me being positive anyway

He could get better but why take the chance. We need players that we are 90% certain will be good not getting players on the cheap :(

He could get better but why take the chance. We need players that we are 90% certain will be good not getting players on the cheap :(

Because there are no other obvious CBs that look a better shot.

We are talking of upgrading Michael Dawson for 4 million... That's a worthwhile punt IMHO

Not really. They won the Europa League last year, which was obviously a great success, but they have otherwise been at a similar or lower level in La Liga over the past few years compared to us in the Premier League.

Not really. They won the Europa League last year, which was obviously a great success, but they have otherwise been at a similar or lower level in La Liga over the past few years compared to us in the Premier League.

3 Europa League and 2 Copa del Rey wins in 8 years is pretty good.

Last edited:
Back