• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back all over the papers/internet today that we're back in for Remy.
Not what i was expecting or hoping for to solve our crisis up front.

I do like him but not sure what this would do for Kanes development as he seems to be another one who can operate behind main striker or as the main striker itself so unsure whether Id want him or not.

Also maybe Im in the minority but I dont think we have a 'crisis' up front....

I think that this is more about who we are playing this weekend. These stories always come out when journos and broadcasters are trying to talk up a game.

It's just because we're playing QPR on Sunday I'm sure.

How exactly do we have a crisis up front when Soldado and Kane just made really strong cases for dislodging Ade? We've got 3 excellent players fighting for 1 position - perfect.

It's just because we're playing QPR on Sunday I'm sure.

How exactly do we have a crisis up front when Soldado and Kane just made really strong cases for dislodging Ade? We've got 3 excellent players fighting for 1 position - perfect.

WTF how does Soldado have a really strong case to dislodge Ade? because of 1 goal against some random european team? give over man.

WTF how does Soldado have a really strong case to dislodge Ade? because of 1 goal against some random european team? give over man.

My thoughts exactly. In my mind we have one striker in Kane who has yet to prove himself and prefers to play deeper or to the left. One striker who cant seem to hit a bard door most of the time and rarely gets involved in the game. And another striker who has good build up play but can be tempremental and not always at the sharp end where you need him.

Its a wayward bunch and none of them have proven enough to start.

Bring Remy in and quick.

Same thing all over again, people expect us to compete with crap players.

Yes we have three strikers but they all are the same profile, quite tall, can hold a ball when they're fussed, but cant finish to save their lifes.

Remy will add something different, pace running in behind, can play on both wings aswell.

Saying No to Remy is just like saying no to CL football.

Would be ten times better than Lennon coming off the left side of the pitch. Doesnt mean much, though, as Lennon is a terrible footballer.

Bring Remy in and quick.

Same thing all over again, people expect us to compete with crap players.

Yes we have three strikers but they all are the same profile, quite tall, can hold a ball when they're fussed, but cant finish to save their lifes.

Remy will add something different, pace running in behind, can play on both wings aswell.

Saying No to Remy is just like saying no to CL football.

Would be ten times better than Lennon coming off the left side of the pitch. Doesnt mean much, though, as Lennon is a terrible footballer.

Have you ever thought of being in Politics?

'Saying no to remy is saying no to champions league' is a particularly good sound bite.

If he failed a medical for Liverpool I can't see us going in for him. He's not that much better than what we've got IMO.

Have you ever thought of being in Politics?

'Saying no to remy is saying no to champions league' is a particularly good sound bite.

If he failed a medical for Liverpool I can't see us going in for him. He's not that much better than what we've got IMO.

Was true in 2012 tbf.

Remy would be a brilliant signing imo.

My thoughts exactly. In my mind we have one striker in Kane who has yet to prove himself and prefers to play deeper or to the left. One striker who cant seem to hit a bard door most of the time and rarely gets involved in the game. And another striker who has good build up play but can be tempremental and not always at the sharp end where you need him.

Actually tough to work out which is supposed to be Ade/Soldado in that statement, I'm assuming due the temperamental statement, the latter is Ade.

I would disagree about the build up play piece if so, to me

- Soldado, Eriksen, Lamela combination has produced some of the best passing/movement/interplay in brief flashes in the last year, unfortunately with Soldado scuffing most of the chances that came his way.
- Ade outside of the games that he grabs by the scruff of the neck (when he's mentally up for it), drifts out of the game, or does a "Keano" and goes to playing midfield and we have no one up front when we do create the chance.

Ade is our best individual striker (even on an off day), but Soldado/Kane are better options to be if we are trying to play a passing system (Ade's first touch can be very inconsistent)

The thing about Remy that is attractive is, left sided and pacy

Its a wayward bunch and none of them have proven enough to start.

Remy would be the least capable of the lot.

Like buying a less-effective Demspey back.

I'd rather have Ade, Soldado and Remy as my three strikers than Ade, Soldado and Kane.

I'm surprised that anyone who follows Spurs doesn't think that we have something of a crisis up front.
Last season Soldado basically couldn't score. How many goals from open play??
We scored almost half the number of goals of City and Liverpool and the best part of 20 fewer than Arsenal and Chelsea. Everton and United both scored more than us too. We were in the same bracket as Southampton and Swansea as far as 'goals scored' were concerned.

Kane and Soldado each scoring last night against a team everyone backed us to beat hardly means we suddenly have an embarrassment of riches. I think our striker department desperately needs shaking-up and i would get rid of at least one of Soldado and Kane and bring in Remy and another (but not Welbeck!).

I don't think we have a striker crisis.........

I believe we have a good blend in our three and given the confidence and service they require, all are capable of scoring 15+ in the premier league.

Of our 3 forwards only Adebayor can make a goal out of nothing and as we all know he blows hot and cold, if we want to win more games we need a player who can beat defenders either with the ball at their feet or by their movement.

An average injury-prone RWF with a questionable attitude, for a much younger highly-driven raw but high-potential RWF? Not for me

ok he's average now.

GB's 'rational' way of thinking...

1) player plays in foreign league (ie Remy when he was at marseille)...'ohhh he's good,he's exactly who we need, i can't believe we're not signing him'

2) Same player moves to the premier league..scores consistently at 2 clubs in the league...' oh he's average'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back