• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

id be happy with .......Eriksen-Kane-Lamela

I like all three of those players, but I'd really worry that we'd be short of someone w/ real searing pace who can get in behind a defense. That's what I feel like we are lacking sometimes, a Sterling, Hazard, Navas, or Chamberlain who can just blow by defenses, while having the intelligence of how to time their runs. Soldado is so good at dropping back and playing those through balls, and it would be great to have someone who can really worry defenses with his pace. That's why Depay seems like such a nice buy for me. Bernard seems pacy as well.

I wish Townsend would do that more. Maybe he can?

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
Ukraine reports claim Tottenham Hotspur have returned for Bernard with a loan deal most likely. #THFC

What's he like? He's old enough now that I don't think we should be happy loaning him unless there's a pre agreed fee for a permanent at the end.

any loan will include a future fee.

don't know much but imagine he'd be expected to be a starter for us - he hasn't settled in the Ukraine and ive read there's been some disruption among the players at Shaktar this past year with a few trying to push through transfers

don't know much but imagine he'd be expected to be a starter for us - he hasn't settled in the Ukraine and ive read there's been some disruption among the players at Shaktar this past year with a few trying to push through transfers

All Ukrainian clubs are having issues with their foreign players at the moment. Not surprising really.

What's he like? He's old enough now that I don't think we should be happy loaning him unless there's a pre agreed fee for a permanent at the end.

He cost £25m a year ago.

He's only available on short-term loan because Donetsk is a war zone at the moment.

It would be a perfect interim solution while we wait for Rodriguez to get fit

Why are you so certain that any loan will include a future fee? Because Levy is Levy and wouldn't want it any other way?

I agree that this is a solid principle to work by and in the vast majority of cases that's what we should do. I think there might be exceptions and I think this might be one of them.

With deadline day closing fast Bernard, his agent, and Shaktar will be running short on options. Not in anyone's interest that he stays on their books without playing. A move to us even if he's not considered an automatic starter might be the best option for all parties involved.

Then again, that could put Levy in a very strong position to negotiate a favorable future fee.

well it's being reported that a 19m future fee will be included and AFAIC it wouldn't be in our interest to loan a player with the end result being that a good season for him prices us out of an eventual move at the end of the deal.

Given we're approaching the end of the window and ideally in need of some strengthening where he plays, loaning him with an option to buy would be a great bit of business. If he settles and succeeds in the UK then we make it permanent, if not then he goes back and we sign someone else

My opinion of him from the world cup (which is not a great barometer I know) was that he was a little lightweight and didn't really have any effect on the games he was introduced in. I do realise it is a tad harsh to make a judgement on a player from so short a sample but nothing I saw excited me. Tidy little player and that's about it.

To me Depay is the gamble we should be taking before he's out of league financially. He looks to me to be this year's Eden Hazard (hopefully it doesn't end like that) and if we can get him his impact will be immediate and significant. If getting Bernard on loan means Depay does not happen I believe we will regret it, but if there is no chance of getting Depay at all then why not get Bernard I suppose.

I'd also agree on Depay being the player we sign. For me he's got more going for him than Bernard and certainly offers a bigger goal threat.

I'd also agree on Depay being the player we sign. For me he's got more going for him than Bernard and certainly offers a bigger goal threat.

And of course Bernard fails the sexy name test. Imagine the fun we can have with a name like Memphis Depay!! It's a no brainer for me ;)

Given we're approaching the end of the window and ideally in need of some strengthening where he plays, loaning him with an option to buy would be a great bit of business. If he settles and succeeds in the UK then we make it permanent, if not then he goes back and we sign someone else

We won't be able to afford him. They paid £25m for him, so will probably want more than £30m to allow him to move on.

We won't be able to afford him. They paid £25m for him, so will probably want more than £30m to allow him to move on.

Then we just loan him for a season - as I said above, time is limited now before the window closes and we need someone in his position. If we cant get someone in who we want on a permanent, then loaning him makes sense as the downside is just his wages (which we would have spent anyway on someone if we'd signed someone permanently)

Back