• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match of the Day Thread

Not Match of the Day but quite funny!

[video=youtube;2vvFZXCnmyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2vvFZXCnmyw[/video]

Who said Germans have no sense of humour

[video=youtube;Y-os-cflf4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-os-cflf4k[/video]

What did people make of Ruud Gullit's hatchet job on Lamela and Eriksen last night? He was absolutely spot on with Lamela for me but a tad harsh on Eriksen.

Poch needs to sit Lamela down. look him in the eye and demand he stops trying to be the wonder kid and concentrates on doing the simple things well. Once he's got that sorted, then he can start to introduce the clever stuff. Otherwise he's in serous danger of becoming the next David Bentley.

As for Eriksen, he's already proved himself with us last season and is just going through an indifferent spell atm. Once he starts to hit his straps again I can see him becoming huge for us this season.

What did people make of Ruud Gullit's hatchet job on Lamela and Eriksen last night? He was absolutely spot on with Lamela for me but a tad harsh on Eriksen.

Poch needs to sit Lamela down. look him in the eye and demand he stops trying to be the wonder kid and concentrates on doing the simple things well. Once he's got that sorted, then he can start to introduce the clever stuff. Otherwise he's in serous danger of becoming the next David Bentley.

As for Eriksen, he's already proved himself with us last season and is just going through an indifferent spell atm. Once he starts to hit his straps again I can see him becoming huge for us this season.

I 100% agree with the Lamela remarks he made, Lamela does have something about him but he needs to show it this season and hopefully a run of game will. I think if he is going to be a success he needs to play on Sunday against QPR and wouldnt be good for him if Townsend takes his place. I mentioned earlier that Townsend plays with purpose, when he gets the bal he runs at defenders takes them on and yes a tad greedy but atleast there is something there. Lamela seems to have onr or two impromptu tricks around the bal which wastes a second or two and then the moment has gone - its the timing that he needs to improve on and that comes with games.

Comments re Erikssen was harsh as ofcourse he has proven it last season but this season he is just understanding a new position to play.

I am not sure we will see the best of Eriksen if he is being played on the right, though. I don't want to start criticising Pochettino already, but I don't see why he insists on playing Erksen on the right and Lennon on the left. I would be interested in hearing his thoughts behind this. It is a bit like AVB all over again, sticking players in positions that restricts them.

But hopefully Pochettino knows better than me and it will work out well in the end.

Eriksen hasn't proved himself. Of course I think he's quality but there are hundreds of one season wonders. He had a poor game, you can't make allowances based on last season, it's always harder the next season when you're a known quantity. As for lamela, his performance wasn't any different to those of last season where like gullit says he shows he has something but lack of end product. If certain others performed like him there would be the usual negativity but he still seems to get a bit of a free pass and excuses made for him. How long that lasts for will be interesting....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I am not sure we will see the best of Eriksen if he is being played on the right, though. I don't want to start criticising Pochettino already, but I don't see why he insists on playing Erksen on the right and Lennon on the left. I would be interested in hearing his thoughts behind this. It is a bit like AVB all over again, sticking players in positions that restricts them.

But hopefully Pochettino knows better than me and it will work out well in the end.
I think that he is doing it to develop Eriksen. Lennon on the left makes sense in Poch's system but I would be interested in seeing more of him at No. 10.

Lamela barely played last season, what chance would he have had to improve?

100%. Lamela needs games, he must've started less than half a dozen league games last season. Just keep picking him for league games and he'll adapt -- bang in a couple of goals and he's off and running.

Lamela barely played last season, what chance would he have had to improve?
17 appearances all told, including nine in the Prem. Yes he missed quite a few games through injury but even when back to full fitness he couldn't establish himselfback in the side precisely because of the way he played - exactly like yesterday.

We've got a Lamela thread, let's use that for discussing him and keep this for moaning about Linekar and co.

As I said in the other thread. Gullit has just seen highlights from our first competitive match. Most of us have seen a lot of/all our pre season games and know that today as a whole the team shape collapsed due to the intense pressure we were under with 10 men. Poch was spot on with his subs as Townsend and Holtby were fresh and it really showed, but who's to say how Lamela and Lennon would've done after Collins had been sent off.

Gullit was right about the way Lamela was always coming inside without being aware of his fullback in space, but that will improve with games and training. He also ripped into Eriksen being played on the right even though his next clip showed Lamela there, the fact is that the two of them rotate into the centre all the time, they are both fairly free. We know this from pre season, Gullit does not.

Apart from the rights and wrong of the MOTD criticism, it is early days for Lamela. Let the team and him settle a little. He's 21. Has ability. Is still learning and is not really a consistent world beater now. But he could become just that, given a bit of playing time.

Back