• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v West Ham

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 8

Naughton - 6
Kaboul - 4
Dier - 8
Rose - 5.5

Eriksen - 5
Capoue - 5
Bentaleb - 6

Lennon - 5
Adebayor - 5
Lamela - 6

Subs:
Holtby - 6
Townsend - 6
Kane - 6

We were dier.

Anyway, I can't rate this game. A harsh sending off meant the players switched to positions that they weren't comfortable with and the whole game plan went out the window.

Just props to them all, putting the effort in and keeping on going until the final whistle. Special mention to the centre back, playing right back, scoring like a centre forward.

LLoris 9 Top top keeper

Naughton 4 We were better off without him

Kaboul 5 Lets be honest, he struggled, but grew into the game and commanding at the end

Dier 9 Strong performance. What a finish.

Rose 6 Liked some of the things he did going forward.

Capoue 5 I really think he is too slow for this league. All he can add is a bit of power, but so can other players.

Bentaleb 7 Keeps going, keeps plugging away.

Lennon 3 Useless as always.

Eriksen 6 Not his best game but impressive touches. Our best player.

Lamela 6 Did well, not easy for him in a physical game.

Adebayor 5 Not much to talk about.

Lloris - match winning save at the end. Made a couple of other decent stops too. 8 or a 9 because of the crucial timing of that last save!

Naughton - point blank two feet away hand ball is always going to be harsh. But there seems to be a rule of thumb that if your hands are away from your body...then its a pen. They were and it was a goal scoring opportunity. Can't rate him as he was hardly on the pitch. Ref got it wrong for me.

Kaboul - good and bad. He's better as a winger than a CB tho! Loved him racing down the line to whip in a cross. Didn't like him running out of defence, having no idea what to do with the ball, and almost gifting a goal.

Dier - 9 What an impact. Played a Get Out of Jail Free card for us and won the game.

Rose - Did well. Kept his cool. And maintained his focus. A encouragingly professional performance. Only once did he look rash. Got up the line well. 7

Eriksen - He is our best player. He needs to be on the ball as much as possible. Okay a lot of passes didn't connect second half, but he plays with confidence and makes things happen. 7

Capoue - Had to move after the red, and he's no CB. You want him on the ball now though, he can pass the ball well. He filled in and did a job 6

Bentaleb - The team don't look sure - who to play the ball to, where the runners will be etc. Which makes it harder for a player like Bentaleb who's game is all about quick passing. 6

Lennon - It was hard to get into the game. He came deep and got a few moves going. But wham are a good team defensively and there was nothing for him. Not sure he's in Poch's first 11. 5

Adebayor - As with Lennon, he was well marshalled. 5

Lamela - A couple of nice runs. Some wayward passes. 6

Subs:
Holtby - did his usual run around a lot. A couple of sound passes 6
Townsend - looked good. The best I've seen him I think 7
Kane - 5 did okay really but could have played in a team mate as we were a man over.

Poch - Well a brave selection, but not a great one. Out of possession our defence dropped off leaving a lot of space in midfield, with only two midfielders back. That was our undoing first half. It made playing into us easy and put our defence under a lot of pressure. Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon were always late to the party from pressing up the pitch and not able to bolster the midfield.

Our pressing game needs work. I'm not sure it works with the defence dropping off. If we're going to play that way we need to commit and do it with a highish line.

Lets be honest, we were lucky today. There is much work for Poch to do on the training pitch with formations and finding his first team.

Lloris - 7.5. Quick off his line and smothered a few dangerous looking attacks early, like always.

Naughton - N/A - Harsh to judge him based on less than 30 minutes, or to pick on him for what was an unlucky sending off and penalty conceded.

Dier - 8. Was composed and collected right from the start. In fact, if you'd showed a video of this game to a non-Spurs fan and asked them which of Kaboul and Dier was the more senior and experienced, I doubt they'd have picked Kaboul. Handled himself expertly at right-back as well, and scored at the end to cap off a great debut.

Kaboul - 6. Shaky, but ultimately just about acceptable. Still far, far from his best, though.

Rose - 5. Struggled time and again against Downing, didn't block many crosses into the box, and defended at a sub-par level despite having Lennon convering him on the left for a long period of the game. Needs to step up his game if he doesn't want Davies swanning into his spot.

Capoue - 6.5. Was decent alongside Bentaleb, and relatively pacy and assured in the air at the back. Good start in difficult circumstances.

Bentaleb - 6.5. Kept possession well, and played some neat forward passes: however, still got shrugged off the ball too often for my liking. Still, good performance from the lad.

Lamela - 6.75. A tyro at times, dribbling menacingly at Spam's back line and closing down furiously for the entirety of his time on the field. Still looked a bit unconnected from the other lads, though: few stray passes a slight cause for concern.

Eriksen - 6. Played some good passes, but save for a short spell in the second half was largely ineffective and easily bullied off the ball. With ten men, though, that isn't too surprising, so I wouldn't judge him too harshly based on today.

Lennon - 6. Admirable job trying to cover for Rose on the left, but was ineffective on his flank. Still, ten men, so shouldn't judge him too harshly.

Ade - 5. Didn't seem up for closing down at the start, and once we went down to ten, his isolation up top didn't help his ratings. Not a good day from the man, who being the most experienced player in the side should have led from the front a bit more.

Subs:

Holtby - 6. Lost possession a lot, but pressed well and was energetic, as usual.

Townsend - 7. His arrival galvanized the side, and his direct and purposeful dribbling and long shots added a momentum to our attack that ultimately paid off. Good show from him.

Kane - N/A.

Poch - N/A (Will not judge him until 2015-2016). Good (if lucky) start for him. Needs to get the team gelling more, but that's understandable and achievable in the days ahead.

Did not watch so will not rate. I was wondering if Kaboul is playing with in his self, just trying to get through a few games with out breaking down.

Did not watch so will not rate. I was wondering if Kaboul is playing with in his self, just trying to get through a few games with out breaking down.

No he had no awareness of what was happening around him. That has nothing to do with his physical ability.

Lloris - match winning save at the end. Made a couple of other decent stops too. 8 or a 9 because of the crucial timing of that last save!

Naughton - point blank two feet away hand ball is always going to be harsh. But there seems to be a rule of thumb that if your hands are away from your body...then its a pen. They were and it was a goal scoring opportunity. Can't rate him as he was hardly on the pitch. Ref got it wrong for me.

Kaboul - good and bad. He's better as a winger than a CB tho! Loved him racing down the line to whip in a cross. Didn't like him running out of defence, having no idea what to do with the ball, and almost gifting a goal.

Dier - 9 What an impact. Played a Get Out of Jail Free card for us and won the game.

Rose - Did well. Kept his cool. And maintained his focus. A encouragingly professional performance. Only once did he look rash. Got up the line well. 7

Eriksen - He is our best player. He needs to be on the ball as much as possible. Okay a lot of passes didn't connect second half, but he plays with confidence and makes things happen. 7

Capoue - Had to move after the red, and he's no CB. You want him on the ball now though, he can pass the ball well. He filled in and did a job 6

Bentaleb - The team don't look sure - who to play the ball to, where the runners will be etc. Which makes it harder for a player like Bentaleb who's game is all about quick passing. 6

Lennon - It was hard to get into the game. He came deep and got a few moves going. But wham are a good team defensively and there was nothing for him. Not sure he's in Poch's first 11. 5

Adebayor - As with Lennon, he was well marshalled. 5

Lamela - A couple of nice runs. Some wayward passes. 6

Subs:
Holtby - did his usual run around a lot. A couple of sound passes 6
Townsend - looked good. The best I've seen him I think 7
Kane - 5 did okay really but could have played in a team mate as we were a man over.

Poch - Well a brave selection, but not a great one. Out of possession our defence dropped off leaving a lot of space in midfield, with only two midfielders back. That was our undoing first half. It made playing into us easy and put our defence under a lot of pressure. Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon were always late to the party from pressing up the pitch and not able to bolster the midfield.

Our pressing game needs work. I'm not sure it works with the defence dropping off. If we're going to play that way we need to commit and do it with a highish line.

Lets be honest, we were lucky today. There is much work for Poch to do on the training pitch with formations and finding his first team.

Didn't watch the game, but could the dropping of have been an attempt to counter being hit on the break by West Hams long ball tactics?

Dier - 10. What more can you want?

* Debut a heated away derby in the Premier League.
* Fielded for full 95 ;) minutes and not just as a sub.
* Playing 10 v 11 for over half the match.
* Had to adapt to positional change during game, and played out of position for most the game.
* Scored last minute winner.

Haven't seen the game yet, but beating WHam on their own patch, on their Cup Final Day - every-one 10!

They get themselves up and play against us like they play against no other teams, good win on opening day.

didnt watch but Eriksen, our best player must be played in the middle. stick lamela on the right where he can cut in and shoot. not good enough or hungry enough to ply that position yet

Kaboul = spacegoat

Holtby came on and gave us the energy we were missing. A lot more interceptions in the middle of the park and break up of play when he came on.

B**** hell!

We beat the spammers in their own back yard and did so with 10 vs 11 for most of the game! And you people give f****** 4s and 5s???!!!

And we get offended when they call us fickle!

This was a place where we got spanked just a handful of months ago in identical circumstances. This time we keep a clean sheet and win in the most gutting way possible for that bunch of losers. Could not have scripted it better.

And is it possible no-one mentions the three substitutions by Poch which really shifted the game in our favour? His half time talk clear changed things cause the Spammers were toothless second half and then the three substitutions won us the match!!!

COYS

B**** hell!

We beat the spammers in their own back yard and did so with 10 vs 11 for most of the game! And you people give f****** 4s and 5s???!!!

And we get offended when they call us fickle!

This was a place where we got spanked just a handful of months ago in identical circumstances. This time we keep a clean sheet and win in the most gutting way possible for that bunch of losers. Could not have scripted it better.

And is it possible no-one mentions the three substitutions by Poch which really shifted the game in our favour? His half time talk clear changed things cause the Spammers were toothless second half and then the three substitutions won us the match!!!

COYS

Nail. on. head.

Spot on mate

I'm gonna stick to giving an overall team rating, unless someone really stands out.

1st half rating -- 5.5. We started ok, but then began to allow far too many crosses into the box, the full-backs and midfielders between them weren't doing enough to shutdown West Hams only real method of attack. We were lucky not to be losing at the break.

2nd half rating -- 7.5. Playing with ten men, we dug in. Poch seemed to sort out the crossing issue, as our midfielders and full-backs were doing better at cutting off the supply. Once it went 10 v 10, we were much the better side imo, Bentaleb in particular looked good at this stage.

Overall rating - 7. We were away, derby game and down to 10 men, but we dug in, rode our luck and got a win and a clean sheet against a bunch of mugs who hate us.

COYS!

ps. I think players still lack a bit of match-sharpness. Another couple of weeks and it won't be an issue imo.

Finding some of these ratings very harsh considering the circumstances, players playing out of position, against an extra man, against a physical, hoof ball side.

The main aspect we should all be delighted with is the spirit of the squad as well as the resilience showed. Last year we showed here what happened when we got a man sent off. Today we just rode the waves of attacks from the Spammers & with a great assist from Kane & a take a striker would've been proud of, Dier stepped up to the mark on his debut, & capped a MOTM performance.

Again some of the flack the players are receiving is beyond me really, first game of the season, new manager, under a new system with new tactics. Yet we've come away with 3 points, from a London derby to a team we lost 3 times last season. As well as having 10 men for a good 30-40 minutes.

Lloris - 8

Naughton - N/A
Kaboul - 6.5
Dier - 9
Rose - 7

Capoue - 7
Bentaleb - 7

Lamela - 6.5
Eriksen - 6.5
Lennon - 6

Adebayor - 6.5

COYS.

Kaboul = spacegoat

Holtby came on and gave us the energy we were missing. A lot more interceptions in the middle of the park and break up of play when he came on.

Not a spacegoat in my view, very sloppy apart from one decent tackle towards the end. Doesn't and didn't dominate any aerial duels, generally poor awareness. Weight of pass in hiogh risk areas poor. Other than that, he was great...

Some of our players looked far too tentative when it came to putting their foot in. Bentaleb in the run up to the Downing chance and Holtby at times didn't want to dive in when the ball was there to be run. That one moment of indecision sometimes lets the opponent get to the ball first. Thought Danny Rose stood off of Downing too often today as well, which didn't help keeping those lofted crosses out.

Back