• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman told Sky Sports News: "The situation is difficult, because the player makes it difficult and I spoke to Morgan with our chairman and the situation has not changed. We don't sell Schneiderlin and he has to accept that. He's not in the squad tomorrow because he said he's not in a physical but even more not in a mental way prepared for tomorrow. On one side I can understand that."

Koeman on TV today basically saying that they will be playing hard ball with Schneiderlin and making him stay. Apparently Schneiderlin isn't playing this weekend as he's telling the coaches he's not physically fit enough nor mentally up for it.

The club are really going all out to make the fans aware that they are doing all they can to make him stay and MS doesn't want to and is being a pain in the backside.

They're the team who own him and are refusing to sell him fair play to them I say.

Until he refuses to play a part in their sudden drop back to their level. Or does a Defoe and keeps getting sent off.

It works both ways - if we have to sell players to bigger clubs (and I believe we do) then so do they.

I expect a lot of negative PR to come out over the next couple of weeks - "MS says he will strike all season" etc etc then we get him and they come out with the line that they didn't want write off a X million pound asset

I'd love us to sign this guy, not least because Poch having worked with him obviously recognises his ability and use within the system he intends to deploy. I think though that it isn't going to happen. I just think Soton are sounding pretty resolute and don't need to sell anyone else. Time to move on, I think.

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman told Sky Sports News: "The situation is difficult, because the player makes it difficult and I spoke to Morgan with our chairman and the situation has not changed. We don't sell Schneiderlin and he has to accept that. He's not in the squad tomorrow because he said he's not in a physical but even more not in a mental way prepared for tomorrow. On one side I can understand that."

This is turning a bit nasty and the player has to be careful re his reputation.

He clearly does not want to play for them anymore and they will not keep him around messing the dressing room.

He will be sold sooner rather than later.

They sound pretty adamant that he won't be sold, similar situaton to Modric before knuckling down for the 11/12 season. Schneiderlin might miss the first 2-3 games but he won't want to miss any more after that assuming he's still there.

They sound pretty adamant that he won't be sold, similar situaton to Modric before knuckling down for the 11/12 season. Schneiderlin might miss the first 2-3 games but he won't want to miss any more after that assuming he's still there.

We don't know ... it's a or b

A. They have done an about turn re the decision to cash in on everyone and everything (which is unlikely regardless of the image they are trying to give fans)
B. They are doing a massive PR exercise to pacify the fans into a "we didn't want to sell, but the player forced the move" acceptance and will sell and last moment of window

Until he refuses to play a part in their sudden drop back to their level. Or does a Defoe and keeps getting sent off.

It works both ways - if we have to sell players to bigger clubs (and I believe we do) then so do they.

Id be very interested to know why you believe we HAVE to sell?

Id be very interested to know why you believe we HAVE to sell?
Because the players simply won't play if we don't sell them. Apart from the fact that they are then 6 months nearer the end of their contract at the next window, their value is massively decreased by the fact that other clubs know you have an asset you can't use.

There's also the suggestion from employment lawyers that keeping a player against their will could end up with us losing them in court anyway.

Also, what player with a bright future joins a club known for refusing transfers and holding them captive in their contracts?

Because the players simply won't play if we don't sell them. Apart from the fact that they are then 6 months nearer the end of their contract at the next window, their value is massively decreased by the fact that other clubs know you have an asset you can't use.

There's also the suggestion from employment lawyers that keeping a player against their will could end up with us losing them in court anyway.

Also, what player with a bright future joins a club known for refusing transfers and holding them captive in their contracts?

I believe the opposite.

The whole theory of players refusing to play, having negative attitude, effecting the ream blah blah blah is a lazy theory drummed up by the media which is now taken as a given without any thought. The theory is completely impractical and doesn't take into account that players are normal human beings and not perfect superpowers.
Its all physiological.. during a window off course a players head can be turned when they have the luxury of CHOICE, if you play for a "smaller club like Tottenham" and there is CHOICE to go to Madrid then anything else will not satisfy the player. Once the window shuts however and the luxury of choice is removed and the option is either sit on the bench or play for Spurs every week in the premiership then the players would jump at the chance.

I could leave my job tomorrow with no regret thinking my current workplace is beneath me (which I currently believe) but if I go to a new job but get sacked 6 months later and end up on the street my old previous job which 6 months ago was the worst place on earth would all of a sudden seem heaven for me.

During the summer 2013 Suarez wanted to leave Liverpool more as much as Bale wanted to leave Spurs. End of season......hes awarded player of the year for Liverpool.

Lets stop believing players have a magical hold over clubs. They are employees like me and you and have the same mental makeup which if addressed correctly can work in the favour of the club.

On a separate note

Spurs is not Southampton. We are on the cusp of the big teams and once somebody realises that if we keep our best players then WE could very well be the "big team" that players don't want to leave

Last edited:

Exactly. Players have clubs over a barrel and if a player is determined to leave then all you can do is get the most money that you can.

There is a food chain, we are near the top of the middle but if a club above us comes in for a player, it very hard for us to compete. Southampton are some way below us in the chain and we will hold a similar appeal to Southampton players that the top clubs do to ours.

The thing we need to worry about is not whether or not Southampton will sell after stating they won't, it's that Levy will smell a further bargaining chip to lower the price some more. If this happens right at the death it will be because of Levy pushing it to then not Southampton.

imo. ;)

The thing we need to worry about is not whether or not Southampton will sell after stating they won't, it's that Levy will smell a further bargaining chip to lower the price some more. If this happens right at the death it will be because of Levy pushing it to then not Southampton.

imo. ;)

I don't think that we should pay any price that they name. If they are over valuing him, we should try to get the price down.

Funny that MS is using the exact same line that Berbatov and/or Modric once used for not wanting to play tomorrow's friendly - "the head is not in it" "mentally and physically not prepared"
And we know how that all turned out.

I don't think that we should pay any price that they name. If they are over valuing him, we should try to get the price down.

I don't mean we should pay what they think, I mean Levy pushing what he ordinarily would feel to be a fair price down a bit too far *and this is just a personal opinion of mine* but I don't think Levy would back down once he's made his move much like the alleged £500K argument scuppering the Moutinho deal.

*IF* the media reports about MS are true.

Back