• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season 2014-2015 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this ever happen....

Dayo to win over £1,000 in a game when all the boxes get ticked,

?

That was one of my predictions for last season :lol: wouldn't surprise me!

Champions:Emirates Marketing Project

2nd/3rd/4th: Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal

Spurs finishing position: 6th

Premier League top scorer: RVP

Spurs top scorer: Adebayor

Relegated: Burnley, Leicester, Villa

Promoted from Championship: Wigan, Fulham, Cardiff

League 1 winner: Yeovil

League 2 winner: Portsmouth

FA Cup winner: Everton

Capital One Cup winner: Chelsea

Champions League winner: Real Madrid

Europa League winner: Spurs

La Liga: Real Madrid

Serie A: Roma

Ligue 1: PSG

Bundesliga: Bayern Munich

First PL manager to get sacked/resign: Big Fat Sam

PL-Player of the season: RVP

Spurs player of the season: Eriksen

PL - Flop player of the season: Costa

Champions: Emirates Marketing Project

2nd/3rd/4th: Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal

Premier League top scorer: Aguero

Spurs top scorer: Eriksen

Relegated: Burnley, West Brom, Swansea

Promoted from Championship: Fulham, Cardiff, Wigan

League 1 winner: Sheffield Utd

League 2 winner: Bury

FA Cup winner: Man Utd

Champions League winner: Bayern Munich

Europa League winner: Roma

First PL manager to get sacked/resign: Sam Allardayce

PL-Player of the season: Yaya Toure

PL - Flop player of the season: Mesut Ozil

Champions: Chelsea

2nd/3rd/4th: Emirates Marketing Project, Spurs :-" , Arsenal

Premier League top scorer: Costa

Spurs top scorer: Lamela

Champions League winner: PSG

PL-Player of the season: Fabregas

Spurs player of the season: Eriksen/Lamela

PL - Flop player of the season: Lambert

2nd/3rd/4th: Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Man Utd

Premier League top scorer: Costa

Spurs top scorer: Soldado

Relegated: Burnley, Southampton, WBA

Promoted from Championship: Fulham,, Derby, Norwich

League 1 winner: Peterborough

League 2 winner: Hartlepool

FA Cup winner: Liverpool

Capital One Cup winner: Tottenham

Champions League winner: Chelsea

Europa League winner: Inter

Serie A: Juventus

First PL manager to get sacked/resign: Alladyce

PL-Player of the season: Rooney

Spurs player of the season: Townsend

PL - Flop player of the season: Ozil

2nd/3rd/4th: Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Spurs

Spurs finishing position: 4th

Spurs top scorer: Lamela

Relegated: Burnley, Leicester, West Ham

Promoted from Championship: Forest, Derby, Norwich

League 1 winner: Sheffield Utd

League 2 winner: Notts County

FA Cup winner: Emirates Marketing Project

Capital One Cup winner: Spurs

Europa League winner: Ajax

La Liga: Barca

First PL manager to get sacked/resign: Pardew

Spurs player of the season: Lamela

PL - Flop player of the season: Shaw

2nd/3rd/4th: Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Manchester United

Premier League top scorer: Sergio Aguero

Relegated: WBA, Leicester, Burnley

Promoted from Championship: Wigan, Norwich, Blackburn Rovers

Promoted from League 1 : Bristol City, Doncaster, Sheffield Utd

Prmotoed from League 2: Stevenage, Oxford United, Luton Town and Portsmouth

FA Cup winner: Manchester United

Capital One Cup winner: Emirates Marketing Project

Europa League winner: Tottenham Hotspur

First PL manager to get sacked/resign: Nigel Pearson

Spurs player of the season: Christian Eriksen

PL - Flop player of the season: Lukaku

2nd/3rd/4th: Chelsea, Arsenal, United

Spurs finishing position: 8th

Premier League top scorer: RVP

Relegated: Leicester, West Brom, West Ham

Promoted from Championship: Wigan, Cardiff, Fulham

League 1 winner: Yeovil

League 2 winner: Stevenage

FA Cup winner: Chelsea

Capital One Cup winner: Liverpool

Champions League winner: Juventus

Europa League winner: Probably a Champions League drop out side

La Liga: Barcelona

Ligue 1: AS Monaco

First PL manager to get sacked/resign: Alladyce

PL-Player of the season: Alexis Sanchez

Spurs player of the season: Lamela

PL - Flop player of the season: Very difficult to call, perhaps need to see more signings.

Soldado and Lamela WILL come good this year. I have both in my fantasy football team and think they'll take the league by storm, performing their best and starting the season with a vengance punishing teams who think they're both ****e players who don't need special attention. The rest of the team however will be a huge disappointment with a 8th place finish, Poch gone around February time sealing his place as one of our longest serving managers in recent years and Lamela being sold to Real Madrid in the summer.

We'll then start the process of rebuilding bringing in some manager with a nice name and some players from abroad and the cycle will repeat again and again for 30-40 years up untill Daniel Levy passes away in his sleep and is replaced by an Alan Sugar type, after which we go back to enjoying the occasional top half finish.

Last edited:

2nd/3rd/4th: Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Man Utd

Spurs finishing position: 7th

Relegated: QPR, Leicester, Burnley

Promoted from Championship: Wigan, Forest, Brighton

League 1 winner: Coventry

FA Cup winner: Arsenal

Capital One Cup winner: Spurs

Champions League winner: Chelsea

First PL manager to get sacked/resign: Gary Monk

PL-Player of the season: Eriksen

PL - Flop player of the season: Sanchez

It's interesting to see the pessimism that is surging through the forum.

Last season, everyone, well mostly everyone, thought that we could finish top 4. Now, I know that some of those predictions were prior to Bale's department but even so, we had high expectations that fell flat. Now, very few people are expecting top 4.

I really hope that this is reflected in the support of the crowd. Instead of booing the team as we expect to win. Let us get behind the team and help them towards success through our vocal support. I've already started a thread about patience, and the importance of our patience.

I'll be there for our first home game. I don't expect to leave with a voice. I might be in a quiet section of the crowd but I certainly won't be quiet!!

Let's hope that our backing the team and the relative lack of pressure will help the team to excel.

Im pretty sure the year we got CL not too many were predicting us to get top 4. Not sure where we will finish but Im confident Poch is going to pleasantly surprise some people....

I'm not expecting us to get into top 4 this season. What I really want though is to see us play some good football! I want to see passion, a back-heel pass, something exciting, something that make the crowd go wild.
I just want to love football and Spurs again!

Im pretty sure the year we got CL not too many were predicting us to get top 4. Not sure where we will finish but Im confident Poch is going to pleasantly surprise some people....

I've been pleased with the style of play that has been displayed. I am wary though that there is still work to be performed to transform pre-season play in to Premier League season play. I like that we appear to be identifying weak areas in the first team, and squad, and working to improve these areas.

It feels like we are moving in the right direction. Given the strength of the competition, it will be extremely difficult to finish in the top 4. I think that this season will be more competitive for those places than ever before.

I'm looking forward to playing Liverpool. Our home fixture against them is our first against a rival for top 4. Will be interesting to see how Poch approaches the fixture, what his style of play will be in these games and the performance and result of the team. That will show us a lot.

Last season, everyone, well mostly everyone, thought that we could finish top 4. Now, I know that some of those predictions were prior to Bale's department but even so, we had high expectations that fell flat. Now, very few people are expecting top 4.

I've been an active Spurs fan since the 1978-79 season. And I don't think I've ever started a season without secretly thinking we have a damn good chance of winning the league this time. And that's still true. If we play to our potential, everyone's on form, and we get the rub of the green with injuries and ref-decisions, I think we can be champions this season. Just like every season. There's never a match we start that I don't think we can win.

Realistically though, these last 36 years of being a Spurs fan have taught me that the gulf between "a damn good chance" and actual champions is deceptively wide. But that'll just make victory all the sweeter when we finally bridge it.

Anyway, I predicted we'd finish 3rd this year and that's pretty much as pessimistic as I'm willing to be. Lamela is going to tear up the premier league this year. Player of the season by a mile to the sound of a thousand journalists all desperately trying to pretend they hadn't just spent a year writing him off. It'll be great. :)

I was feeling very optimistic as the first ball was kicked in our opener last season against Palace, only to quickly realise that 7 new faces and a manager's lack of ideas couldn't bring us the title, let alone Top 4. So it's with some surprise that, after witnessing our capitulations against some of the big sides last season, I genuinely think we have a shot at Top 4 this season. In pre-season Poch's system seems to be working, the boy Lamela could well deliver on some of his promise from a year ago, and I've always (quietly, mind) backed Soldado to score double-digits from open play - at least.

Combine these three facets with some very good signings so far (with more to come before deadline day, no doubt - and they should be welcomed if they arrive with PL experience and a genuine claim for a position in the side), and I think we're looking far better than we have in a couple of years. Yes, we still miss Bale and I think we need an out-and-out quality winger, but the side is looking far more settled and solid than it did under Sherwood or during AVB's abortive second season (well, half of it).

I can see City and Chelsea having a duopoly on the top two spots. Arsenal, based purely on their consistency and with the addition of Sanchez, are likely to be probable-to-highly-likely winners of the third or fourth berths. That leaves us against Liverpool and United...and I think Liverpool will struggle more this season as teams wise up to Rodgers' strategy, and as they have to balance CL football with the demands of the PL - all without Suarez. And as for United, we've all seen the stats that show LVG's club sides start slow - that lack of momentum may just open things up a bit for us, and embolden us forward.

Whatever happens, I just want to see us playing sexy football and scoring goals. COYS!

I can see this season being a transitional one, but the style of football I hope to see will make that a lot easier to accept. We aren't going to challenge for the title this year. Cementing a solid 5th/6th place, with the squad adjusting well to Poch's style for the 2016 season will be a good season for me. That and lifting a cup would be great.

I really hope that this is reflected in the support of the crowd. Instead of booing the team as we expect to win. Let us get behind the team and help them towards success through our vocal support. I've already started a thread about patience, and the importance of our patience.

I'll be there for our first home game. I don't expect to leave with a voice. I might be in a quiet section of the crowd but I certainly won't be quiet!!

Let's hope that our backing the team and the relative lack of pressure will help the team to excel.

With me I find that when I'm most pessimistic it brings us good luck. So till the end of the season Poch is ****e, West Ham are our superiors and we'll never finish in the top four without a team below winning the Champions League.

2nd/3rd/4th: Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal

Spurs finishing position: 5th

Premier League top scorer: Rooney

Relegated: Hull, Leicester, WBA

Promoted from Championship: Wigan, Derby, Reading

League 1 winner: Peterborough

FA Cup winner: Spurs

Capital One Cup winner: Man Utd