• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News - 2014/15

Just purchased my first Spurs ticket of the season. I'm going to be there for the first home Premiership game of our season against QPR.

Not sure what my view will be like. I picked a ticket next to a mate, who had already bought his.

I'm going to be in Block H Row 8. Not really my ideal choice for the seat but hope it's ok, even if there is an information message which cites that view of one of the goals may be restricted....

Block H is East Upper level with the penalty box, those damn pillars will get a little in the way of the Paxton goal but I'd be surprised if it were totally obscered after shifting in your seat when needed.

Thank GHod Irvin Scholar is nowhere near the Northumberland Park plans :)

Just purchased my first Spurs ticket of the season. I'm going to be there for the first home Premiership game of our season against QPR.

Not sure what my view will be like. I picked a ticket next to a mate, who had already bought his.

I'm going to be in Block H Row 8. Not really my ideal choice for the seat but hope it's ok, even if there is an information message which cites that view of one of the goals may be restricted....

Hope it's a great day for you. I still remember my first visit in 1957

I've been many times before. :D I still remember my first Spurs match vividly, way back in 1993. We beat Arsenal 1-0 with the goal scored by Paul Allen. I remember being angry at how Ian Wright managed to escape a sending off, after he had punched David Howells in front of everyone bar the referee.

I have only though been to a small fraction of the games that I wish that I could have seen. Often I'll only get to see one game a season, last season I didn't see a single game. :( the cost of travel & tickets is prohibitive as I'm still striving to get my career to take off.

I'm fully intending for the QPR game to be the first of many games that I get to see this season.

Anyone else noticed their LPs have been totally wiped this morning? probably due to updating the 5 year rolling points ******** I'd imagine.

Anyone else noticed their LPs have been totally wiped this morning? probably due to updating the 5 year rolling points ******** I'd imagine.

Should update the mythical ST waiting list soon as well then!

I reckon i will move 200-250 places..... at a stretch.

I've been many times before. :D I still remember my first Spurs match vividly, way back in 1993. We beat Arsenal 1-0 with the goal scored by Paul Allen. I remember being angry at how Ian Wright managed to escape a sending off, after he had punched David Howells in front of everyone bar the referee.

I have only though been to a small fraction of the games that I wish that I could have seen. Often I'll only get to see one game a season, last season I didn't see a single game. :( the cost of travel & tickets is prohibitive as I'm still striving to get my career to take off.

I'm fully intending for the QPR game to be the first of many games that I get to see this season.

This is what I hate about modern football, so many people are stopped from going due to high prices, I think it was 3 shillings for over 16's when I first went paid, can't remember before as my dad took me in the boys enclosure.

This is what I hate about modern football, so many people are stopped from going due to high prices, I think it was 3 shillings for over 16's when I first went paid, can't remember before as my dad took me in the boys enclosure.

Which is why of my usual 20-25 Spurs games a season only 8-10 are Premier League. I make up the rest with Cup/Youth & the odd ladies game. I also do 4-6 non-league games as well.
The paying fans are now well & truly at the bottom of the food-chain - its all about the telly!.

The Premier League is a bit like the 'Emperors new clothes' to me these days.

It had better be that, me and the missus had well over 500, dont be wanting all them babies getting wiped out. No points history found anymore either

Should update the mythical ST waiting list soon as well then!

I reckon i will move 200-250 places..... at a stretch.

Sounds about right to me. How far down are you? We were 4023 and 4024, so I,m expecting a jump to around the 3800 mark, if that. With this STubhub lark who really would want to give up their ST when they can make a profit if they just sell their ticket back for every game

Sounds about right to me. How far down are you? We were 4023 and 4024, so I,m expecting a jump to around the 3800 mark, if that. With this STubhub lark who really would want to give up their ST when they can make a profit if they just sell their ticket back for every game

I am around 5200/5300. No chance of an ST until the Naming Rights Stadium is built. Should be some decent offers then i imagine as we try & fill it. Easy for the glamour games, no so for WBA & Stoke etc.

Just checked mine and they havent been adjusted yet.

Would be expecting a relatively big drop as I go to many away games (was in the top 900 ST's at the end of last season)

Will update when it is adjusted along with the table

If Man Ure aren't top of the League after their first six games they will have messed up bigtime!

BPL 16 Aug 2014
v Swansea (H)
BPL 24 Aug 2014
v Sunderland (A)
BPL 30 Aug 2014
v Burnley (A)
BPL 14 Sep 2014
v QPR (H)
BPL 21 Sep 2014
v Leicester (A)
BPL 27 Sep 2014
v West Ham (H)

I still maintain that football fixtures are not random, they are set up to create pivotal and monumental moments. Can it really be just coincidence that when Suarez returns, for Barcelona, he does so against Real Madrid?!

When Eric Cantona returned, he returned against Liverpool. I'm sure there are other examples of this taking place.

Add in that Manchester United have a new boss, struggled last season, and all of a sudden they are given a series of fixtures which must be amongst the easiest of their season. Manchester United start well and start generating excitement in the season, under their new boss. Then, as their fixtures get harder, the sides around them play catch up and suddenly it becomes a title race.

Perhaps I'm wrong, it's certainly something that is open to debate.

It is open to debate, and I have no idea if you're right or wrong. I tend to disagree with you - simply because I feel that no matter what the fixture list is, you could write some kind of narrative about one or two teams that would seem to make it look pre-planned.

I still maintain that football fixtures are not random, they are set up to create pivotal and monumental moments. Can it really be just coincidence that when Suarez returns, for Barcelona, he does so against Real Madrid?!

When Eric Cantona returned, he returned against Liverpool. I'm sure there are other examples of this taking place.

Add in that Manchester United have a new boss, struggled last season, and all of a sudden they are given a series of fixtures which must be amongst the easiest of their season. Manchester United start well and start generating excitement in the season, under their new boss. Then, as their fixtures get harder, the sides around them play catch up and suddenly it becomes a title race.

They aren't random. Teams can make requests e.g. our request to play at home on the nearest Saturday to 23rd October this year.

Here's a (rather dated) article on the process:-

Secrets of the fixture computer

Anyone have any idea what the cut off will be for the West Ham opener? I am guessing that it will all go to ST holders this year?

Back