• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

That is good to hear that we have a decent youth system in place. I have to admit I'd forgotten that the 5 you mention had come through our system but only two are in our first team squad.

It does concern me that there seems to be an amount of "foreign" players coming through the system as I feel too many clubs bring through overseas talent to the detriment of English players and in the long term the national football team.

If it's to the benefit of Spurs I couldn't give less of a ****.

That is good to hear that we have a decent youth system in place. I have to admit I'd forgotten that the 5 you mention had come through our system but only two are in our first team squad.

It does concern me that there seems to be an amount of "foreign" players coming through the system as I feel too many clubs bring through overseas talent to the detriment of English players and in the long term the national football team.

We'll have Townsend, Kane and Rose in our squad this coming season. Possibly Pritchard too, if he impresses. That's not a bad number of English youth graduates for a club operating at our level. I'm not sure about Carroll. So much competition for his position. Will really have to stand out in pre season to make a breakthrough.

And don't forget that, although Livermore and Caulker are no longer with us, they've earned us a tidy £14-15 million. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I'm not at all bothered about foreigners in the academy. English players are still in the overwhelming majority. Signing one or two high quality foreigners could actually help the English players' development. It's only when you get to Premier League first team levels of foreigners that you have to be concerned. At the moment, we have the likes of Bentaleb, Veljkovic, Lameiras (all graduated), Lesniak, Coulibaly, Glover, Azzaoui and Yahaya (though the latter two are unconfirmed). But for every foreigner, there are five to ten English players coming through.

Lastly, you should listen to most of these foreign lads speak...........pure north London! They really do sound as though they belong! And because of residency rules, I believe that they would eventually be within their rights to play for England if they so choose.

Last edited:

Alex Pritchard has signed a new contract until 2016 & joined Brentford on loan until the end of the season

He has the option to cancel it in January. Hopefully he does well in that time and we get some interest from the Prem for a loan or Poch calls him back. Who made the decision anyway? McDermott I'm guessing

Alex Pritchard has signed a new contract until 2016 & joined Brentford on loan until the end of the season

That's pretty **** tbh, just like Carroll to qpr was last season, if they're not good enough at this age then it's a worry in terms of ultimate progression to the first team. Maybe he's not "the one"?

He was one I hoped would get a few cup appearances early season, shame.

I see this year being Tom Carol's breakthrough season. I can see him getting his chance and doing well.

Now watch him get sent out on loan too...

Suspect Poch has to go through his options, starting with establishing which of the money signings are worth retaining.

I'd like to see Pritchard given a chance here - he has done better on loan than Carroll

I wouldn't deem him as a youngster these days at 23 but could be someone like Ryan Mason. Might end up impressing in pre-season but more than likely will be off on another loan...

Yep, I thought he was one of the highlights over the weekend

Kenneth McEvoy joins League One Peterborough United on loan.
[TWEET]492340138765459456[/TWEET]

He looks like a kid who asked for a posh shirt for Christmas, only to open his present & see that.

Mason looked the best of the youngsters against Toronto.

Cellabos looked like he had potential but was trying too hard.

Back