• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Siggy

Here's a controversial suggestion for everyone, why don't we play him in the number 10 role, until Eriksen gets used to the rough and tumble of the EPL? We could then have a 3 of Townsend, Sigurdsson and Lamela, with Soldado up front?

What's an 'Artic'?

Oh and no.

It's like the Arctic but not as cold. Hence the removal of the first C.

Don't think it's as dumb as it seems.
He's good in the air, 6ft I in, shoots with both feet and I feel he could do just as well as Ade in holding up the ball and laying off. And GHod knows we need something up front. Not really a comparison, but if Wenger can turn Henry from a winger to a striker, why not Siggy?:-k

It's like the Arctic but not as cold. Hence the removal of the first C.

Don't think it's as dumb as it seems.
He's good in the air, 6ft I in, shoots with both feet and I feel he could do just as well as Ade in holding up the ball and laying off. And GHod knows we need something up front. Not really a comparison, but if Wenger can turn Henry from a winger to a striker, why not Siggy?:-k

I think Siggy certainly has a good eye for goal, but he's not the quickest and i'm not sure how he'd hold himself against the more bruisier type of CBs in the PL. Worth a thought if we get desperate but remember Henry could go from a winger type player to a CF because of his sheer pace and touch

If any of the current midfielders was to be deployed upfront, then I think the best bet would be Chadli. He has a lot of size and strength, decent touch and has bagged a decent number of goals so far in his career. Would be more suited to the job than Sig.

Hopefully Soldado will come good. I think we've seen enough of Defoe to know that he can't be the 'one' in our current system. Too easy for opposition defenders to play against, unless he has an orthodox strike partner imo. Far too good against FC Eurovision or whatever, but he's not a man to be the focal point of our attack in league games.

And then of course, there's Adebayor. If his head is right and he's fit, then he's probably the best suited of anybody at the club to lead the attack. The Ade who finished last season would be most welcome, imo.

Soldado should be our striker I think.

Sig doesn't offer much in terms of physical presence. He's tall-ish, but I've never seen him impress at holdup play.

If we want more height and strength in the front 3/4 then replacing Sig with Chadli seems like the most obvious option (at least until/if Ade becomes match fit).

Here's a controversial suggestion for everyone, why don't we play him in the number 10 role, until Eriksen gets used to the rough and tumble of the EPL? We could then have a 3 of Townsend, Sigurdsson and Lamela, with Soldado up front?

we have played him there NUMEROUS times, as in ALOT.....double figures ALOT. and he hasnt looked nearly as rewarding there as he does being a shadow left

may as well try Sig up top....waste of time playing a regular striker there. Give Sig a go, then try Lamela, maybe Chadli can have a pop too. AVB might stumble upon a winning solution

Actually though, considering we got £8m for Livermore and Siggy is homegrown too, perhaps it's not so great.

Might it actually be a ploy to try and force Swansea into finalising the Davies deal (as they want Siggy too)?

Siggy's one of those players we continuously spin, we'll sign the next Sigurdsson and soon realise he's not quite good enough and we'll repeat the process. In fact, bar the odd one here and there, all we've been doing these past few years is replacing players with similar quality players, just that they were more "in" at the time than the one we were replacing.

Siggy's one of those players we continuously spin, we'll sign the next Sigurdsson and soon realise he's not quite good enough and we'll repeat the process. In fact, bar the odd one here and there, all we've been doing these past few years is replacing players with similar quality players, just that they were more "in" at the time than the one we were replacing.

But that's pretty much our business model - buy cheap-to-medium priced young players whose value at least won't decrease, and then sell for moderate profit, or every now-and-then a really successful one for big money.

Its no accident we always have zero net transfer spend - we make sure we build up decent assets we can cash in on when we need to.

Haha 8 mill for a player better than Paulinho imo. Weird.

Back