• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood
Clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather
The multitudinous seas incarnadine,
Making the white one red

Nought's had, all's spent,
Where our desire is got without content;
'Tis safer to be that which we destroy
Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

I left school to avoid this ****. If I had a time machine I would kill Shakesphere first.

Anyone else looking forward to whatever TS comes out with in the next press conference?

Come on, dep down, you know even if you hate him you love it!

My predictions:

"I have got the best PL record of any Spurs manager, ever. If I don't keep this job it will be a mistake of epic proportions for the club. If in the next 2/3 season they slide down into mid-table mediocrity you'll know the reason why.."

or...

"People go on and on about us not playing Sandro in the DM position. Chelsea played not one but two DMs on Wednesday; didn't do them much good did it?"

or..

"What's Frank De Boer got on his CV in England that I haven't. Nothing. And people wonder why there aint enough English coaches in the top league.."

Anyone else looking forward to whatever TS comes out with in the next press conference?

My predictions:

"I have got the best PL record of any Spurs manager, ever. If I don't keep this job it will be a mistake of epic proportions for the club. If in the next 2/3 season they slide down into mid-table mediocrity you'll know the reason why.."

or...

"People go on and on about us not playing Sandro in the DM position. Chelsea played not one but two DMs on Wednesday; didn't do them much good did it?"

or..

"What's Frank De Boer got on his CV in England that I haven't. Nothing. And people wonder why there aint enough English coaches in the top league.."

"Right Frank, you bastard! I'm the daddy now, next time, I'll ****ing kill ya!"

My predictions:

or...

or..

I don't want Sherwood at Spurs, and make no bones about that. I do, however, hope he matches our best ever points total, talks himself up and gets a job in the premier league next season. This way I won't be cringing at the things he says, I'll be highly entertained

I don't want Sherwood at Spurs, and make no bones about that. I do, however, hope he matches our best ever points total, talks himself up and gets a job in the premier league next season. This way I won't be cringing at the things he says, I'll be highly entertained

And there'll only be two relegation spots for the rest of the league to worry about.

The club are going to be dragged through the mire when they sack him though. I have no doubt that the club will stay quiet whilst the media will go full on pro Tim.

I really am intrigued though as to what he did to knock himself out of the running. Steff seems to say that up until 6 weeks ago he was in the frame and then all of a sudden he wasn't. It'll be interesting to hear what stories emerge from the press over the next 6 months.

The club are going to be dragged through the mire when they sack him though. I have no doubt that the club will stay quiet whilst the media will go full on pro Tim.

I really am intrigued though as to what he did to knock himself out of the running. Steff seems to say that up until 6 weeks ago he was in the frame and then all of a sudden he wasn't. It'll be interesting to hear what stories emerge from the press over the next 6 months.

Nothing will, even managers who aren't happy when they leave say very little about Spurs post. Levy obviously puts something into writing when they accept their pay off.

And the club gives **** about the press re firings, TS is nothing on Harry re media popularity and Levy had no problem getting rid of him.

Never mind Billy Shxspr, Pitt the Younger seems more Tim's game.

“The press is like the air, a chartered libertine.”

“Roll up that map: it will not be wanted these ten years.”

"Yes, I know I am young and inexperienced, but it is a fault I am remedying every day."

Something for the pro, con and undecided camps, there.

Tim Sherwood is reportedly a contender for the Premier League Manager of the Month award following an unbeaten run of the April fixtures.

If he wins it, this place will go into meltdown!

No worries, Pulis won it.

My predictions:

or...

or..

The results are in:

Tim Sherwood says Frank de Boer would find him a 'hard act to follow'

• Sherwood describes speculation as 'a strange situation'
• Spurs unbeaten in Premier League throughout April

Tottenham head coach Tim Sherwood has found this week's speculation surrounding Frank de Boer a "strange situation" and warned anyone looking to shunt him out of the hotseat that they have a "hard act to follow".

Life at the White Hart Lane helm has rarely been straightforward for Sherwood and this week was no different, with comments from Ajax boss de Boer fuelling speculation over his future. De Boer said he was open to speaking with Tottenham about taking over as manager and the Barclays Premier League club felt the need to release a statement denying rumours they had contacted the Dutch team about their manager.

Sherwood joked on Wednesday that "somewhere along the line someone is telling porkies" and admitted he was no closer to getting to the bottom of it two days on.

"No, I haven't - it was a strange situation, wasn't it?" he said ahead of Spurs' trip to West Ham. "When a club's coming out and saying they've been spoken to, and the manager, and then the club that I'm associated with is denying it. That's where we are with it. No, I'm no further forward."

Sherwood has had to deal with such scrutiny and speculation since succeeding André Villas-Boas, during which time numerous managers have been linked to his job.

"What am I going to do? I'm not going to roll up and die, I'm just going to get on with my job, which is to try and prepare my team to win football matches and whatever will be will be," he said. "I've just got to carry on with my business, show my personal pride and professionalism and make sure that those lads are prepared to win for the team and for the fans and for this great club.

"It's not only me, I've got two coaches with me, Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey, who have given a lot of time to this club over the years. I think possibly 30 years between us. It's a lot of time, a lot of effort and the club's been good to us in that time as well. What will happen at the end of the season, who knows?

"But one thing we can assure the club is that we've always been honest with them and we'll always give 100 per cent maximum to achieve what we need to achieve, whether that's in the development phase or now within the first team."

Sherwood will sit down with chairman Daniel Levy at the end of the campaign to discuss his future, although it appears a matter of when, not if, the 18-month deal he signed in December is ripped up.

De Boer's twin brother Ronald has already been speaking about how the Ajax boss could "build something" at Tottenham - comments that amused Sherwood.

"It is quite similar to what I would do to if I had the job," he said. "I don't think he is too interested in looking at what I am doing already because if he did then he would see he has got a hard act to follow." Sherwood currently boasts a better win percentage than any other Spurs boss in the Premier League era. He was also the only top-flight manager to go through April unbeaten and is looking to continue that fine form at West Ham on Saturday, when Spurs will be without two England internationals.

On Thursday Andros Townsend underwent surgery on an ankle injury sustained at Stoke last weekend, which has ruled the winger out for the rest of the campaign and the World Cup. There are fears right-back Kyle Walker could also miss out on the squad for Brazil, with England manager Roy Hodgson concerned over the progress he is making on a pelvic injury.

"I think the decision is that the England physios and doctor will come and assess Kyle and then make a decision on him," Sherwood said. "At the moment there's been no definite decision from my side whether he'll play for Tottenham before the end of the season and from Roy whether he's on that plane to Brazil."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/02/tottenham-tim-sherwood-frank-de-boer

Tim Sherwood admits he does not know whether his position at Tottenham is tenable as he prepares his side for the visit to West Ham on Saturday.

The 45-year-old signed an 18-month contract to manage Tottenham when he replaced Andre Villas-Boas after the Portuguese was sacked in December.

But he has been forced to put up with a wave of reports in recent weeks linking various managers, including Louis Van Gaal and Frank de Boer, with his job at White Hart Lane next season.

The former Norwich and Blackburn midfielder admits it has been an awkward time for him in the face of such widespread speculation and he is set to discuss the situation with chairman Daniel Levy at the end of the campaign.

"I'm not sure if it makes it untenable," Sherwood said. "We play West Ham and then we play at home to Aston Villa.

"After that I will sit down with the chairman and we'll decide what the plan is moving forward. And then we'll see if it's untenable or not.

"It was a strange situation, when a club has come out and said they've been spoken to and so has the manager and the club that I am working for is coming out and denying it.

"That's where we are with it and I'm no further forward with that. The people upstairs will know whether I'm good enough to take on this club and if I'm the person they want to take on this club. The next two games won't make any difference."

Sherwood, currently the manager with the highest Premier League win percentage, was asked what he thought about De Boer discussing the prospect of working at Tottenham next season.

"I don't think he is too interested in what I'm doing already because if he did he will see that he has got a hard act to follow," Sherwood said.

Sherwood refused to be drawn on whether he thought he should be treated with more respect and insisted his sole focus is to ensure Tottenham win their remaining matches.

"That's for other people to decide," he said. "It's something I've been used to be dealing with since I came into the job. What am I going to do? I'm not going to roll up and die, I'm just going to get on with my job which is to try and prepare the team to win football matches.

"Whatever will be, will be at the end of that. I've just got to carry on with my business, show my personal pride and professionalism, and make sure that the lads are prepared to win for the team, for the fans and for this great club.

"What will happen at the end of the season? Who knows."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9293340/tim-sherwood-none-the-wiser-over-louis-van-gaal-and-frank-de-boer-speculation

Funny how the media that report all these links to other managers in the first place then make a big deal on how it's unfair on Sherwood etc.

The new manager will have a tough time from the media I feel. TS has developed a good relationship with them and he is English and I can see the vitriol developing.

Hopefully FDB, if he is hired, is made of thicker skin than AVB was.

Funny how the media that report all these links to other managers in the first place then make a big deal on how it's unfair on Sherwood etc.

What's also funny is that our coach has been 1st or 2nd best in the PL in the last month and isn't going to get a single word of praise for it from the majority on this board. In fact, it'll be another cause for abusing him.

Now that's funny.

What's also funny is that our coach has been 1st or 2nd best in the PL in the last month and isn't going to get a single word of praise for it from the majority on this board. In fact, it'll be another cause for abusing him.

Now that's funny.
Why do you think that is? He's not popular. That's a big part of this job in this game. He simply isn't what we want. He can throw stats in our face all he wants.

Now that's funny.

If he wasn't being such a ****, maybe the results would have gotten more attention, though our performances have generally been poor. Just slightly less poor recently.

Back