• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Tottenham Do You Want???

Decent football which I can identify as "Spurs". We haven't had that since Redknapp/Modric and VdV left, but I think we have the makings of a good team.
I also want to see us promoting our youth players. Last year our U21's were the best in the country but had to play a play off final at Old Trafford vs Man UTD lol (the FA couldn't let UTD have a disadvantage even then) and our current U18's have just secured top spot in the southern league. There must be some talent there and we need to be giving them games vs decent sides.

To be honest I didn't watch any chelsea games while he was managing

How did they play?

I didn't watch a lot of them myself. I remember them as more positive than under Mourinho and playing decent football.

I was talking about a glass ceiling in terms of results, not style of play.

I want us to play attractive football and know what we are doing defensively. I would also like a manager to be given time to build a project but it has to show some positive signs early on. With AVB i was all for giving him time to begin with but our football never got any better which put me off him and in the end i didn't want him as manager anymore. If we play good football and finish 5th or 6th then im willing to give the new guy time to progress.

I have been a long term viewer of this site and I suppose I have been drawn to sign up and contribute due to the happenings of this season.

The way I see it, is that there is no way of outspending Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea due their financial clout so if I was in charge I would clear out all the high earning non-contributing players and fill out the squad with the promising young players the club have produced recently.

The squad would look something like this.

4:3:3

Begovic/Archer

Walker/Fredericks
New RCB/Caulker
Vertonghen/Olgilvie
New LB/Rose

Capoue/Veljkovic
New LCM/Carroll
Holtby/Bentaleb

Lamela/Townsend
Adebayor/Kane
Eriksen/Pritchard

This means selling:

Lloris (I think PSG will be in for him this summer), Friedel, Gomes, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Chiriches, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Falque, Livermore, Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Chadli, Mason, Soldaldo

With the money recouped from selling those players above you could make signings of serious quality (RCB,LB and LCM). Any left over cash could then be re-invested in the new stadium project.

It would be brave to trust the young players to fill in the gaps when injuries occur but with a fixed formation which makes the most of the players that we have at our disposal and the fact that the youngsters have a point to prove and have a real bond to the club, would mean a 5-6th place finish would be very achievable.

Blooding the younger players in the Europa League would help their development no end and prepare them for the higher intensity games when they are called upon.

I know it seems like a surrender to not want Champions League football but until the new stadium is ready as top player wages are unsustainable in our current financial position. Inevitably players like Eriksen, Vertonghen will be cherry picked but there will be other starlets to attract and perhaps the younger understudies will be ready to fill the gap by then.

I guess it's a very similar model to how Ajax run and it's a shame to sell off the best talent but aside from throwing oil money at the first team like City have done it's the only way to run. Put it this way, I would rather see Spurs come 5th running the club like this (playing under a young progressive coach working to a sound system) than winning the league by paying mercenaries a fortune.

********WARM WELCOME TO THE NOOB!!**********

Excellent first post.

I want some hope. I want to get excited about the upcoming game with Arsenal, Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project and believe we have a chance of winning the game. I don't want to be resigned to defeat anymore.

Without using too many words, I'd like us to be the Ajax of the Prem.

A youth system that constantly produces class. A clear, consistent, and effective team philosophy. The Ajax style of play.

I wouldnt expect top 4 every year, we have to be realistic we're in a much tougher league... But it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to achieve something like what arsenal has over a long period of time with our usual tight budget, just by working towards building a sound system like Ajax or even PSV has recently.

A chairman who doesn't get a buzz out of selling best players for highest fee possible one who turns around first and foremost and says you're going nowhere shut up

The economics of investing in youth vs. spending 20-30m on first team players are not clear. Interesting to know how much it cost to produce Townsend for example.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

Club philosophy wise
I want us to make players famous other than the other way round, a combination of players coming through youth or purchasing young players who make their name in our shirt. Combined with 1 or 2 major signings per year. Combined with the foresight and will to keep our best players

Football philosophy wise
I want us to play 433 with high pressing off the ball and player rotation, quick passing on the ball. With a main target man, 1 winger, 1 inside forward, a number 10, 1 ball winner and either 1 Modric/Bentaleb type or 1 all action Paulinho/Dembele type.

Back