• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He mentions Saudi Sportswashing Machine, do you think they have sounded him out too?

He also mentioned Liverpool - not a chance in hell they've approached him.

I think he was just mentioning the type of teams he thinks will be right for him. Teams with the potential to improve and push on to greater things. Teams with a fanbase, decent finances, history... (Liverpool before this season of course).

Would have thought that our squad would be better suited to a 4-3-3 under FDB than the 4-4-2 (ish) formation that we've been playing.

Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado (when he plays) would all benefit. Biggest loser I think would be Lennon

Would have thought that our squad would be better suited to a 4-3-3 under FDB than the 4-4-2 (ish) formation that we've been playing.

Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado (when he plays) would all benefit. Biggest loser I think would be Lennon

Definitely. Our squad is built for 4-3-3; and Lennon's really the only one it doesn't suit.

Watching Madrid implement it tonight reminds me what a good formation it can be. 7 then 9 defending, and FBs getting forward as much as the midfield trio.

--------------------Lloris
-------------------(Friedel)

--Walker----Kaboul---Vertonghen---TBC
(Naughton)--(Dawson)-(Chiriches)--(Fryers)

--------Paulinho------Sandro-----Eriksen
-------(Dembele)---(Capoue)----(Holtby)

------Lamela--------Soldado---------TBC
-----(Townsend)---(Adebayor)-----(Chadli)

Definitely. Our squad is built for 4-3-3; and Lennon's really the only one it doesn't suit.

Watching Madrid implement it tonight reminds me what a good formation it can be. 7 then 9 defending, and FBs getting forward as much as the midfield trio.

--------------------Lloris
-------------------(Friedel)

--Walker----Kaboul---Vertonghen---TBC
(Naughton)--(Dawson)-(Chiriches)--(Fryers)

--------Paulinho------Sandro-----Eriksen
-------(Dembele)---(Capoue)----(Holtby)

------Lamela--------Soldado---------TBC
-----(Townsend)---(Adebayor)-----(Chadli)

I think that we definitely could move towards that next season but I do not think that we could have realistically played it this. Eriksen has thrived since he has been played in a position with little responsibility, playing him in a midfield three would have been too much for him at this stage of the season. Paulinho has struggled for form and in adapting to the English game, as has Capoue. But the real problems would be up front where none of the players you have picked have performed this season and only Adebayor of the understudies has proved a goal threat. For the moment it needs to be filed under pipe dream.

Pep to be snapped up by Man U after tonight's debacle. LVG can **** off now his head has turned. FDB will do for me.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

Slow down people. Firstly we could be having talks with a few managers, its not that often noone else is sounded out. Not to mention we haven't even spoken to him yet, and last time we did he said no. Also there's going to be plenty of high profile clubs looking for a manager this summer....

FDB is waiting for Barca.
LVG is waiting for UTD

then there is possible vacancies coming up at City and PSG plus at least one surprise club becoming available.

LVG, FDB and any other big name we can think of will all rather go for those. Even Pochettino would be a consideration for Barca who never hire big names.

The more LVG and FDB open there mouth before a signature the less likely they will come.

Its Benitez or Hoddle. Poch 3rd likely if no other clubs takes him and Rafa/Hoddle don't happen.

Last edited:
FDB is waiting for Barca.
LVG is waiting for UTD

then there is possible vacancies coming up at City and PSG plus at least one surprise club becoming available.

LVG, FDB and any other big name we can think of will all rather go for those. Even Pochettino would be a consideration for Barca who never hire big names.

The more LVG and FDB open there mouth before a signature the less likely they will come.

The odds are Benitez or Hoddle.

The odds at the moment are:

FDB 5/4
Poch 5/1
Benitez 16/1
LVG 20/1

Hoddle is out at 50/1

I have been converted to Poch but would be delighted with FDB who I suggested as my preferred choice initially to take over from AVB.

The odds at the moment are:

FDB 5/4
Poch 5/1
Benitez 16/1
LVG 20/1

Hoddle is out at 50/1

My odds. Not Sky odds who want your money. Not sky who had Capello and LVG odds on.
You get that Sky odds arnt actually based on anything right? They are no more informed than anybody else

Last edited:
My odds. Not Sky odds who want your money. Not sky who had Capello and LVG odds on.
You get that Sky odds arnt actually based on anything right? They are no more informed than anybody else

Of course they are. Sky odds are SkyBet odds and have to be paid out if that event happens.

They don't intentionally lose money just to convince you of something.

Well, the betting determines the odds, doesn't it. You're never beating the bookie when you win; only taking a share of other people's losses, so the more deluded Spurs fans that put money on LvG and FDB, the more their odds will shorten. It doesn't have to bear any relationship to the real probability of either of their becoming our manager.

I like the cut of FDB'S jib:

"I’d like to add something to the club so that people would be able to say they see the hand of Frank de Boer at work," he said.

"Liverpool is a good example of that, what Brendan Rodgers has done with the club. Monaco does nothing for me, they’re a club who have arrived."

I like what he is being quoted as saying about Spurs.

...De Boer, whose side clinched the Eredivisie title on Sunday for the fourth consecutive time, has admitted he is interested in a move to north London.

"Spurs have made an approach," he said. "I'm going to listen and talk. Then I'll make my feelings known.

"At this moment I have had absolutely no contact with other clubs. I've said to (director of football) Marc Overmars that until May 3 I'm not going to think about it - I'm busy with Ajax.

"I know that Tottenham are a beautiful club with a beautiful history. I want to add something to a club, so that people can say that they see the hand of Frank de Boer."

My Dutch friend has just messaged me a tonne of abuse on Skype. Seems there is a lot of concern over there that this is the right time for him and they don't want to see it happen.

Back