• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some random bloke claiming to be ITK reckons that Spurs have had LVG sewn up since February and Sherwood has been given the task ofwinding the players up to see who has the fight to stay on long term by the board. I'd love to believe it, but everything TS has said in recent months makes me believe it is all BS. Why else would he tout himself for the job all the time.

It would be HILARIOUS if true, woluldn't it?:lol:

Some random bloke claiming to be ITK reckons that Spurs have had LVG sewn up since February and Sherwood has been given the task ofwinding the players up to see who has the fight to stay on long term by the board. I'd love to believe it, but everything TS has said in recent months makes me believe it is all BS. Why else would he tout himself for the job all the time.

Is the random ITK bod from a Spurs web site or a general interweb place like twitter? I'm just trying to see if it's a gooner on a wind up, a Spurs fan who knows something, or a Spurs fan who who is a bull****ter/been misinformed etc.

I know the bookies aren't everything, and there's a lot of factors that can affect this.
..but even after the so called cooling off rumours, ie it was his agent just bigging him up, the odds haven't really drifted.
He's still the 2nd favourite. I would have expected them to drift by now, and they haven't.

After LVG, Rafa is a close 2nd for me. Would love to know how realistic he is (Rafa)

As for Klopp, can't see it in a million years, why go for one club who sells their best players to another club that does the same? This isn't a dig at Levy / ENIC btw.

No very if we're honest; why would he leave a CL-side to come to us? He loves competing in the CL as much as Jose. No way would he leave what he has at Napoli now (i.e. a good thang..)

I would genuinely prefer Sherwood to stay in charge rather than have Moyes as our manager. I just think he's been well and truly found out there.

As much as I don't think TS is the right man, I'll take him over Moyes any day (and just for reference, I'll take FSW or Pulis over TS)

Is the random ITK bod from a Spurs web site or a general interweb place like twitter? I'm just trying to see if it's a gooner on a wind up, a Spurs fan who knows something, or a Spurs fan who who is a bull****ter/been misinformed etc.

Even reputable Spurs ITKs info is thin on the ground these days, I would put my money on it being a load of fantasy nonsense....

As I said I think it's a load of BS given that TS has been saying how much he wants the job. I doubt he would be saying that if he already knew that LVG was coming in. Then again we have all said that no sane manager should be publicly slating his players this much so who knows

If LVG WAS sewn up we'd just announce it. Really, what is there to lose? Holland know he's leaving so it can't be from LVG's point of view it wouldn't be announced and why would we hold back? Our season's pretty much over, there's massive discontent, people are openly calling for Levy and ENIC to go. If they had a massive name like LVG tied down we'd announce it. My honest opinion is that nobody is signed up and that we might have spoken to LVG but hes stalling and we will be considering all our options at this point

If LVG WAS sewn up we'd just announce it. Really, what is there to lose? Holland know he's leaving so it can't be from LVG's point of view it wouldn't be announced and why would we hold back? Our season's pretty much over, there's massive discontent, people are openly calling for Levy and ENIC to go. If they had a massive name like LVG tied down we'd announce it. My honest opinion is that nobody is signed up and that we might have spoken to LVG but hes stalling and we will be considering all our options at this point

I probably agree with you, but tbf they would take a LOT of flak from the pro-TS/Harry sections of the media for treating TS in such a shabby way; the only hope I'm clinging to anyway...

Yep, I agree. If a replacement for LVG was lined up, TS will be aware that his days are numbered, the players at Spurs know this, the players in the Dutch team know LVG is going and who the replacement is, Levy know the renewal time is looming... Maybe I'm missing something, but why the delay.. if we are getting rid, and we have a replacement lined up?
If it's over a contractual agreement, then just throw in a bunch if Tulips Danny boy!

Allegri's CV:

2003–2004 Aglianese
2004–2005 Real SPAL
2005 Grosseto
2006 Grosseto
2007–2008 Sassuolo
2008–2010 Cagliari
2010–2014 Milan

That is Ramos and Santini all over again. Yes, a Serie A title 4 years ago is impressive, but so was winning the EL twice and coaching France. IMO there is absolutely no way Levy is going to appoint that profile of CV again. IMO he'd give the job to Sherwood before he gives it to any of these Ramos/Santini/Allegri/Spalletti types. Quite simply, none of them has a compelling enough CV to insist on appointment.

For those worried about Moyes, bear this in mind: If Levy appoints Moyes, that would be Spurs picking up Top 4 sloppy seconds managers twice in a row. And potentially, sacking said sloppy seconds twice in a row. I cannot for the life of me imagine the thought of that indignity appeals to Levy.

I'd like to see Laudrup given a chance

Sure, and get Cheech and Chong in as his assistants. It'd all be very mellow.

I'd be happy with Pulis :oops:

I never thought that I would say that but he's proven himself in his career. He thrives on getting the most out of the players under his disposal and whilst he isn't as glamorous as other managers, his track record is impressive. How many managers could have saved Palace this season?

He has set his side up quickly, using a new system, which has delivered excellent results.

If we're not going to get LVG, then why not give Pulis a go?

*Stands back and waits for things to be thrown at him.*

I never thought that I would say that but he's proven himself in his career. He thrives on getting the most out of the players under his disposal and whilst he isn't as glamorous as other managers, his track record is impressive. How many managers could have saved Palace this season?

He has set his side up quickly, using a new system, which has delivered excellent results.

Angry_woman_throwing_a_brick_at_Figgins%27_car.gif

I don't think Pulis is too far away from Redknapp to be honest.... Given a chance with a stella squad it would be interesting to see how he went. Redknapp played some dire football when his squads were workmanlike but worked well with emerging talent when they were available.

He would divide this board like nothing we have seen before though, if the Haterz and Loverz are bad over Redknapp, AVB and Deadwood then Pulis will be the GG civil war to end all others but there may be something in Pulis that actually is so pragmatic and yet capable of freing us up that it could be beautiful.

Him or deadwood? I need TP for my bunghole I say.

I don't think Pulis is too far away from Redknapp to be honest.... Given a chance with a stella squad it would be interesting to see how he went. Redknapp played some dire football when his squads were workmanlike but worked well with emerging talent when they were available.

He would divide this board like nothing we have seen before though, if the Haterz and Loverz are bad over Redknapp, AVB and Deadwood then Pulis will be the GG civil war to end all others but there may be something in Pulis that actually is so pragmatic and yet capable of freing us up that it could be beautiful.

Him or deadwood? I need TP for my bunghole I say.

The only reason why some of us are even thinking of Pulis is because of the shambles our defence has become. Pulis can indeed organise a mean defence but he can barely get above that level; his Stoke team was so boring even after they spent millions in backing him and he bought good footballers. He's a much more refined version of Moyes.

No thanks!

Back