• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Don't think anyone can argue that Liverpool aren't favourites for that 4th spot now.

Still only 3 points (4 with GD I suppose) and we all know that even high flying teams are capable of collapsing. And we know that we have a lot of potential in our squad.

They're smashing teams and good teams at that. Granted they're only 3 points clear but I can't see us getting anything at Anfield and I can see us losing at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Chelsea and perhaps even West Ham so we'd pretty much have to win every other game to be in with a shout. I've not given up but I think our chances are slim.

How long has Sherwood been here? Nine games.

Won six, drawn two, lost one.

In that time Liverpool have won five, drawn two and lost two.

So we've gained 20/27 and they've gained 17/27. We're in better form than them since Sherwood took over (though if you go a game back you do hit that 5-0 snag).

I think we've got a decent chance of it, if we can force a draw/win at Anfield then I would be overly optimistic. They score more goals than we do, but that's irrelevant if we get more points.

Of course we've got a shot at that 4th place. I think if we can catch a HUGE wave, and win like 12/13 we could even win the league :D

Does anyone think any of the top 3 teams could get involved in the fight for CL football instead of the fight for the title?

Obviously Arsenal look the weakest right now after getting trashed at Anfield, if United could pick up a point against them midweek and we beat Toon we would be just 6 points (+GD) behind them. Doesn't look impossible all of a sudden. I know that's a lot of ifs and maybes, just some Sunday speculation on my side. They looked a bit heartbroken at Anfield and I think they have a few fair weather players in their squad.

I have taken a look at our schedule. Although we have some tough games ahead right now, after the 32nd matchday we are in the clear. The last 6 games are easy games, so that means we can finish hard. Hopefully we will do well in these tough games that follow, and a win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine is exactly what the doctor orders.

Iulian they won't be easy. Those clubs will be fighting against relegation and will come at us like it's their last game. We can hope that some teams become established "mid table" between now and then and suffer a nice little lapse due to their safety.

Iulian they won't be easy. Those clubs will be fighting against relegation and will come at us like it's their last game. We can hope that some teams become established "mid table" between now and then and suffer a nice little lapse due to their safety.
I have heard this a lot of times before. While I do understand that a team which stands safely in the mid table who play more relaxed, that doesn't mean they would be more easy to beat. Some teams when they play relaxed actually play better, they have nothing to lose and they become dangerous. As for the relegation threatened teams, shouldn't we be able to win a game against a relegation team no matter how motivated they are? Do we not believe we have better quality than them ? We will certainly be in the hunt for something when those games come, so we will be motivated as well. Not to mention like I said earlier, some teams do not handle pressure to well so their game could suffer because of that. It's a 2 way road really, but no matter the circumstances(except injuries and such) we should be beating a relegation team...

Midweek fixtures

Arsenal vs Man United
Fulham vs Liverpool

Hoping for a draw in both fixtures. Arsenal looked tired yesterday and Fulham must be more confident after the draw today.

Here's one football analyst' statistical model prediction of where teams will finish in the league this season... and the 2nd pic is what their formula' prediction would've been after week 23 last season... fingers crossed we can do to Liverpool what ARSEnal did to us...

https://twitter.com/cchappas/status/432592518580953088
BgDgmoPCAAEHOTr.jpg

https://twitter.com/cchappas/status/429541607977664512
BfYJ0QUCAAAdH4m.jpg

Personally I think this situation suits us best. We've seen the past few seasons that being in pole position with an 8 - 10 pt lead tends to end in disaster. Perhaps being in the mix but unfancied by pundits and fans alike is the best thing for us.

Last edited:
Considering how dirge we have been for the vast majority of this season I am as astonished as I am pleased we are still in with a shout of top four. Today's result is important because it puts us in the best place to capitalise on any of the current top four collapsing in the last batch of games. Personally I don't see Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project dropping out but Liverpool or Arsenal might do IMO.

We've been really bad but it only takes a few fortunate narrow wins, something we have become accustomed to this season, and some slip-ups from those above and who knows. I actually think the scum are more vulnerable than Liverpool at dropping our right now, they were absolutely mauled yesterday and their only half decent striker looks spent. Will be tough for them to keep pace with the two loaded clubs and Liverpool are in prime position to take advantage of that. I think we will lose at Anfield and we would probably need to win there to finish above them, but we play the scum at home at a good time so who knows, 8 points is hardly unassailable and would be even more ****ing sweet if we finished above them following the last two years.

Everton aren't out of the race but I think their lack of cutting edge will cost them and they will fall away (as may we if Ade doesn't keep his form up, admittedly). Man Utd are done IMO, looked utterly bereft of ideas in the part of the game I caught today and have a rubbish manager not cut out for a top six club in charge.

My prediction is:

1. Emirates Marketing Project
2. CHELSEA
3. LIVERPOOL
4. ARSENAL
5. TOTTENHAM
6. EVERTON
7. MAN UTD

I think the key is the next 6 games. If we are only 3 points adrift of Liverpool still after that then we have a great chance as their last 6 include Emirates Marketing Project & Chelsea whereas all our last 6 opponents are currently bottom half of the table.

Back