• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

that 270' turn was delicious too

That was a brilliant moment from such a skillful player, reminded me of THAT turn.

tumblr_mr75z6Bpri1r2sfdbo1_400.gif

Also liked it when he skipped past three swans during the first half.

Growing with every game. If he's not scoring, he's setting up. Joy to watch, not felt like that since Modric.

The boy is very good. That whipped cross was begging to be put in the net.

Compare and contrast to the other 20 crosses in the game from the full backs, floated or smashed over everyone

Let's hope he gets 3.49% better each of the next 3 years, we'll have a real star on our hands

I'll hold my hand up and say that he's better than I thought for us. I was campaigning for Holtby ahead of Eriksen. I now realise how good Eriksen is. I'd definitely have Eriksen in the team.

I think there's a lot more coming from Eriksen in terms of consistency and all round influence in games. He's been doing absolutely brilliant stuff in some recent games, but his performances have been very up and down imo.

Fully deserves to be a starter for us right now, but I think he will get a lot better a bit down the line.

Him and Adebayor have made the difference since Sherwood came in. Had one shocker against West Ham, but we should have stuck with him as everyone played ****e that day.

Growing with every game. If he's not scoring, he's setting up. Joy to watch, not felt like that since Modric.

Agreed. I think a lot of his movement and composure reminds me of Modders. He has the overview way before he receives the ball, and manages to position his body to perform the next move before he gets possession. Excellent at that. Saw a lot of that from Bentaleb today too. Very promising.

Agreed. I think a lot of his movement and composure reminds me of Modders. He has the overview way before he receives the ball, and manages to position his body to perform the next move before he gets possession. Excellent at that. Saw a lot of that from Bentaleb today too. Very promising.

Ade and Eriksen have reminded me of Ade's partnership with VDV when they were both on fire at the start of that season, always looking for each other. And Eriksen even has the fitness to last 90 minutes compared to VDV's 60!

Ade and Eriksen have reminded me of Ade's partnership with VDV when they were both on fire at the start of that season, always looking for each other. And Eriksen even has the fitness to last 90 minutes compared to VDV's 60!

Oh, yes, there's definitely some VDV in there too! Top, top lad. Really looking forward to see what he can achieve with us. Nice to have a decent Scandinavian lad in the side again. :)

I'll hold my hand up and say that he's better than I thought for us. I was campaigning for Holtby ahead of Eriksen. I now realise how good Eriksen is. I'd definitely have Eriksen in the team.

I think there two entirely different players though and that's where AVB went wrong with them, trying to swap them like for like

Hotlby is technically very good but is a box to box type, hence why he has said he feels his best position is in the middle 2

Eriksen although he has definitely done more defensively than I expected is much more attack minded and is certainly an excellent technical player.

Both will get better with games but unfortunately I don see Holtby getting any :(

I'd love to see them both is the same side for once...

Reminds me a lot more of VdV than Modric.

Kind of a cross between the two. Van Der Vaart was never that good at running with the ball, whereas Eriksen has shown some nice dribbling ability. He plays further up the field than Modric though, hence the greater contribution in terms of goals + assists thus far.

I wanted us to sign him after this game in 2011. Was so glad when we did!

[video=youtube;3mZaC1KbsRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZaC1KbsRg[/video]

I agree SUIYHA, Eriksen certainly has strong points from both players.

To me both VdV and Eriksen (so far) seem to do their best work in the final third, getting on the ball somewhat close to the box, delivering passes or striking at the goal themselves. Both are energetic, but not really the most reliable defensively and tend to leave players a bit exposed behind them at times.

Modric for me was at his best in the centre of the pitch, certainly getting forward into the final third at times, but really dictating play from deep was where he was outstanding. Defensively he was, for a player with his class and style, rather outstanding. Top notch work rate and someone you could depend on getting back to help out every single time.

VdV played deeper for Holland at times, and Eriksen is obviously also capable of playing that role. But for me where those players really are at their best is closer to the box, closer to the goal. Again, so far, for Eriksen. He's still very young and should have course develop in other directions...

Back