• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Overrated

Music: Mumford & Sons, all the new American ****.
Film: Pulp Fiction (even though I'm named after Samuel Jackson's character), Life of Brian.
TV: Big Bang Theory, Eastenders, Made In Chelsea.

I'd also like to point out I watched Shawshank Redemption for the first time tonight and it is one of the best films I have ever seen.

Film: Pulp Fiction (even though I'm named after Samuel Jackson's character), Life of Brian.

I'd also like to point out I watched Shawshank Redemption for the first time tonight and it is one of the best films I have ever seen.

How can you be so right about that..

...yet so wrong about that! ;)

How can you be so right about that..

...yet so wrong about that! ;)

Always loved the part where Jules starts casually helping himself to the guys burger and sprite haha!

Jules: Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Vincent, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?
[Vincent shakes his head]
Jules: Wanna bite? They're real tasty.
Vincent: Ain't hungry.
Jules: Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegitarian which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
Brett: No.
Jules: Tell 'em, Vincent.
Vincent: A Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese! You know why they call it that?
Brett: Because of the metric system?
Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart mother****er. That's right. The metric system. What's in this?
Brett: Sprite.
Jules: Sprite, good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?
Brett: Go right ahead.
Jules: Ah, hit the spot.

Music - Radiohead (although I do like some of it)
Movie - Beasts Of The Southern Wild (this is one turd of a movie, can't believe the praise it got)
TV Series - Breaking Bad (was good for the first couple of seasons, but then it just got silly, starting with the total turd that was the fly-episode)

Pulp Fiction is the coolest movie of all time and has no place in this thread whatsoever

Agree about Pulp Fiction. The bits with Travolta and Jackson are brilliant, the rest not so much. The dialogue between Willis and his missus is really cringy.

The Godfather, parts 1 and 2. Watched them both for the first time over the last few days and was hugely disappointed in both. Overly long, with a rambling plot line that didn't really flow, and left me feeling a little bored to be honest. They're not terrible, but considering they are considered to be two of the best 10 movies of all time (source: IMDB) I can't help but feel very let down by them, and think they are grossly over rated.

The Godfather, parts 1 and 2. Watched them both for the first time over the last few days and was hugely disappointed in both. Overly long, with a rambling plot line that didn't really flow, and left me feeling a little bored to be honest. They're not terrible, but considering they are considered to be two of the best 10 movies of all time (source: IMDB) I can't help but feel very let down by them, and think they are grossly over rated.

I had the exact opposite experience about a week ago! Saw them for the first time 10 years ago (or so), thought they were both very overrated, but then re-watched them last week and thought they were excellent. Fantastic acting, great story, so many good scenes, the camera shots at times are just incredible. Two fabulous movies which deserves to be regarded as two of the best in the history of cinema, in my opinion. :)

There is a chronological version available if you prefer your movie experience linear!

The order of the scenes is not a problem, I have no problems with stories jumping backwards and forwards in time, but a lot of the things that happen seem to be completely unexplained. For example, in part 2 when Michael is in the trial. That comes completely out of the blue with no prior mention of any federal investigation, then all of a sudden he's there. I mean, I can put two and two together but I just found it odd that all of a sudden he ends up in this huge investigation with no prior mention of how it had reached this point. Perhaps the book explains it better, but I just felt it didn't flow how a good movie should.

The order of the scenes is not a problem, I have no problems with stories jumping backwards and forwards in time, but a lot of the things that happen seem to be completely unexplained. For example, in part 2 when Michael is in the trial. That comes completely out of the blue with no prior mention of any federal investigation, then all of a sudden he's there. I mean, I can put two and two together but I just found it odd that all of a sudden he ends up in this huge investigation with no prior mention of how it had reached this point. Perhaps the book explains it better, but I just felt it didn't flow how a good movie should.

I was just playing!
Two of my favourite films. It is though, all about opinions!

Back