• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace - 11/01/14: 3pm

Fair enough. No other stand out player. Had he not been a new 19 yo he may have not stood out as much. But he's been impressive. Almost scored. Some good forward passes and even some sexy flicks.

Yeah he's not just a crab with sideways passes, he mixes them up. Well done on Tim for showing faith in him

We really gave them a lot of chances, so many corners and headers. We ave been lucky, Tim's inherited that from 'Arry ?

An important win, the difference was our finishing compared to theirs really. Very important for GD and confidence. Onwards and upwards ! COYS !!!

That's why I didn't mention the score, Oh Leopard of Fairness

Fair, but I guess some won't even like reference to other games. I'm not fussed personally, as watching all the scores come in is exciting for me but each to their own.

Good win in the end. Sherwood did well to change our setup at half time but should have realised palace would set up like that.

First half was really bad and you have to feel for palace. They could easily have between three up by half time.

Really nice game from Betaleb and some nice cameos. Bit worried about us from set pieces and the amount of chances we have them today.

Defoe should just why he splits opinion. On for 30 mins has two chances quickly the then scores but then also shows his lack of awareness with players around him.

Well done spurs.........great result!!!

look forward to the highlights later.....sounds like we had a bit of luck and not clever giving away a penalty.

Still job done! onwards and upwards....love you all!!!

Good second half, a definite step up from the first. More urgency, more fluidity, more cohesion. Whatever Tim said at half time, it clearly worked. It does worry me a bit that these players have to be brought out of their slumber all the time, but I suppose that's the nature of a season like this one. Good performances from Bentaleb, Eriksen and Lennon, and kudos to Defoe for getting his first of the season. I would have liked him to stay (sentimental reasons), but I'm happy he's going to a team that will make him their star man, and I'm happy that at the very least he gets another two months with us before he departs.

Good result, need a better performance throughout the 90, but we ground that one out, which is important. Onwards and upwards.

BdtqGfICAAA168q.jpg:large

well, we got away with that one.

dysfunctional in defence, badly missing Verts, Rose nowhere near back and settled, Vlad having a bit of a wobble and sadly Dawson seems to be on the decline.

credit to them for sticking at it and coming away with the points, but we would have taken a hiding from many other teams today.

positives were Bentaleb despite a couple of cheap concessions in the 2nd half. i like what he seems to be about, Carrick-like, hence there will be games where he looks totally anonymous and 'what does he do' will become his middle name. but today was positive in his passing, was very unlucky not to score and looked comfortable in a PL team.

Ade picked up in the 2nd half, Lennon still looking quite sharp, Eriksen knows where the goal is and Demebele was good in possession so it could have been worse.

looking forward to getting Sandro and Verts back.

Tottenham goalscorer Christian Eriksen: "The manager was really angry at half-time and that was probably necessary. I like playing and doing my thing for the team. The first half was not good and I'm happy to score a goal. Nabil Bentaleb also showed what a big talent he is today."

Nabil Bentaleb completed 93% of his 106 passes against Crystal Palace with 30% being in the final third

Back