• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Quite right, that's why it bothered me when people always said that about AVB, he only had just over a season. That too wasn't a big enough sample size when saying he was our most successful manager in terms of points.

but its like mango said, depends on your perspective

some call him a successful manager and yet the same people are probably the ones that said judge him after THREE seasons!! so he is judged as successful and then when he struggles then the current year doesnt count.

i found that odd to say the least

Listen Tim knows he wont be here for long but he si doing his best to keep the job though..and i think he'll probably have another chance at being a care taker anyway. league we can do is admire what he has done so far. dude is trying to wipe one horrendous goal difference and a bad to watch team.

i'd say even longer if we make wholesale changes again in the summer, if we buy another 7 players and alter the "first team" so drastically again i'd say its only fair to reset for sherwood and then give him till at least the end of next season

am i right in thinking Harry made CL in his first full year...and took us to 8th or 7th? after two points from 8 games ;) (that man had no shame)

Let's move this discussion back OT. We've had plenty of chances to discuss Harry v Redknapp in the past and this thread is not another chance to pick that scab.

i'd say even longer if we make wholesale changes again in the summer, if we buy another 7 players and alter the "first team" so drastically again i'd say its only fair to reset for sherwood and then give him till at least the end of next season

we didnt alter the first team choices THIS year that badly did we?

loads of AVB mentions and 1 harry one and we move back OT

sure, that sounds about right

either way, i dont think we should reset anything for anyone even if they make whole sale changes...by all means take into account that this will affect chemistry but i am pretty sure the choice to make whole sale changes is down to the managers and as such the subsequent alleged demise in performance is their responsibility

then factor in that other managers make whole sale changes and still do well, and others keep the same squad and do worse

and whats the deal with the reset button if you make changes every year...you get reset back to 0 every summer?

nah , people that get paid millions need to be held accountable

and even look at tim with this reset squad, the performances to some of us fans that are considered Neanderthals look better that his predecessor ...with the SAME team that push the reset button

i think managers need to be held accountable and take ownership of their actions, not make excuses for it and store away an entire year

It was a general request to everyone in the thread to get it back on topic. Not aimed at any one personal or viewpoint.

Please can you PM me in future if you want to question a request that I make as a mod. Doing it in threads just takes them further off topic and you and I discussing what is and isn't off topic must bore the tits off of everyone else.

I'm going to delete any further off topic posts that I see but happy to continue this via PM or you can PM one of the other admins if you would prefer.

that's not what I'm saying at all

I'm saying that we have used a lot of players this season that were not playing pl football for spurs last season, adjustment times are neseccary, in some cases because they were "best 11" players, in others because they were filling in

do you not agree with that?

weird, did you delete that AS?

yep

i deleted it...put in

"OT"

saved...

then came back to find it completely wiped. i guess even the OT was OT.

dont worry mate......its all good here.....PM me and we can talk about this

edit:- i guess this is OT as well

IBTD

it was odd, by the time i'd replied it looked like i was talking to myself (again)

to update my point and keep it pertinent, i think its fair to give TS till the end of the season to get his vision implemented on the squad (obvious car crash scenarios excluded), it appears he has intentions of a different type from AVB so everyone needs time to adjust

if next season we have a bevy (4/5/more regular starters) of new players to embed into this then I won't be calling for his head 15 games in

He was just obeying orders from the previous manager..but we are not allowed to talk about the previous manager.
Don't mention the war.
I think we may have got away with it.

it was odd, by the time i'd replied it looked like i was talking to myself (again)

to update my point and keep it pertinent, i think its fair to give TS till the end of the season to get his vision implemented on the squad (obvious car crash scenarios excluded), it appears he has intentions of a different type from AVB so everyone needs time to adjust

if next season we have a bevy (4/5/more regular starters) of new players to embed into this then I won't be calling for his head 15 games in

LOL

okay if TIM SHERWOOD buys 5 players in the summer, then if we dont achieve the goals we want to next year then that is one him. he is not only wasting money but he is delaying the clubs ambition for an entire season

i wont be calling for anyone's head that close in but responsibility falls with TIM SHERWOOD if he does something that is detrimental to the team

He was just obeying orders from the previous manager..but we are not allowed to talk about the previous manager.
Don't mention the war.
I think we may have got away with it.

It's got f*** all to do with that. All I am trying to do is keep this thread on topic. If you want to talk about AVB and Redknapp for the ten billionth time, find or start a thread on that subject.

I've had it with giving you the benefit of the doubt and giving you a chance to get back on topic. Any more OT posts will be deleted and infraction points issued.

I think if Sherwood is allowed to continue in the job beyond the end of this season, then that means he'd have done well with us for this season -- and therefore, we wouldn't need to sign many, if any, extra players. One or two at most, imo.

Of course, if this season is a disaster then all bets are off.

Why the threats? Not OT but OTT.

Not exactly buzzing on this site like a g-string full of bees. Nobody is being disrespectful to anybody here but yourself.
And I do not want to take this PM.

I think if Sherwood is allowed to continue in the job beyond the end of this season, then that means he'd have done well with us for this season -- and therefore, we wouldn't need to sign many, if any, extra players. One or two at most, imo.

Of course, if this season is a disaster then all bets are off.

i think sherwood is gone no matter what he does to be honest.....i think even if we got something like 3rd he would still be given the boot

infact i think him getting third would expedite his removal from that position seeing how cuthroat levy can be

think about it, sherwood blows open the whole door to possibilities again, now would be the time to strike...get in that big time coach ...get in those big time players

Back