• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Crespo and Batistuta would be candidates if they had played in Spain. It's interesting how the wheel has swung away from Serie A.

Bill Nicholson (1958-74), Terry Venables (1987-91), Ossie Ardiles (1993-94) and Glenn Hoddle (2001-03) are all correct.

Two more to get...

John Cameron was player manager I believe.Did Clemence ever manage the team?

Both correct.

John Cameron (1899-1907), Arthur Rowe (1949-55), Bill Nicholson (1958-74), Terry Venables (1987-91), Ray Clemence (1992-93), Ossie Ardiles (1993-94) and Glenn Hoddle (2001-03).

Other former Spurs players who were appointed temporary caretaker managers have included Clive Allen, Chris Hughton & Steve Perryman.

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2013

Last edited:
Being pedantic, but why does Deadwood get lumped with the legends like Sir Bill, El Tel, Ossie etc as one of 8 former players to be managers when he is only temporary a la Allen, and definitely less of a role so far than clipboard Chris?

Being pedantic, but why does Deadwood get lumped with the legends like Sir Bill, El Tel, Ossie etc as one of 8 former players to be managers when he is only temporary a la Allen, and definitely less of a role so far than clipboard Chris?

Well I'm not too sure how 'temporary' his appointment will be.

I have a funny feeling it may turn out to be far longer than anyone suspects.

Back