• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

But are we better than the other teams?

I think right now we are better than Arsenal. And I genuinely don't see a huge gap between us and "the other three". Ignoring all other transfer activity (because I really believe we need to bring in a new CB - and it looks as though that's being sorted)... if we hang onto Bale I think we'll challenge for the top spot. If we trade him for Lamela, then we'll be looking to crack the top three with an outside chance at a title challenge.

So yes, even if Bale leaves this summer (which I *don't* want to happen, let me remind you) I think our transfer activity means that we are better than last year, even when talking relative to other teams.

But that's just one optimist's opinion.

I think right now we are better than Arsenal. And I genuinely don't see a huge gap between us and "the other three". Ignoring all other transfer activity (because I really believe we need to bring in a new CB - and it looks as though that's being sorted)... if we hang onto Bale I think we'll challenge for the top spot. If we trade him for Lamela, then we'll be looking to crack the top three with an outside chance at a title challenge.

So yes, even if Bale leaves this summer (which I *don't* want to happen, let me remind you) I think our transfer activity means that we are better than last year, even when talking relative to other teams.

There's no place in this thread for optimism

I think both City and Chelsea have strengthened significantly, they have brought in some quality players that will do well for them and both have made massive upgrades on their managers in my opinion. Chelsea also have some key players now becoming more experienced and used to the PL. As a result I imagine both Hazard and Oscar for example will be better and more effective than last season.

I think we could potentially get closer to United, they haven't strengthened their squad so far and obviously Ferguson is gone. They were so far ahead of us though that actually catching up with them will be very difficult.

More interesting is the comparison to Arsenal and Liverpool, most people's perceived main rivals for that 4th spot. Arsenal might see some players step up this season like Wheelchair (fully back from injury) and their new signings from last season like Cazorla, Giroud and left back crouch due to being more settled and the experience thing. If they sign some quality players before the end of the window I think they will be better. How much, relative to us, impossible to say. It probably will end up being close again.

Interesting how the story went from 'Spurs still hopeful of salvaging a deal' to 'he's definitely going to Chelsea' pretty quickly.

Have to say that, in much the same way I looked at Arshavin when we were trying to sign him and thought, "He's got 'Аrѕе player' written all over his face," I look at Willian and see Chelscum, more than Spurs.

someone that has a skybet account should listen to this press conference and stick a whole amount of cash one way or the other dependent on what he says regarding it.

Like literally have 500 quid on Chelski @1/2 and the same on spurs @ 9/4 and click the bet depending on what he says.

I'll be really surprised if Mourinho gives anything away. Managers have gotten worse than politicians!

Back