• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

but how much does he actually know? I know he works at goal but that should be enough indicator. He knows if he mentions this story he could potentially get some nice publicity for goal.com -- I personally think he's about as good as Sky Sports when it comes to all of this, he's been roped in by the whole "Willians next club: Chelsea" on Sky Bet and thought of it as gospel. People who believe gstobart usually have jumped on it and think it's all true.

But has ANYONE close to the deal ie Mourinho, Chelsea, Ambromovich, AVB, Tottenham, Willian or his agents come out and mentioned ANYTHING regarding Chelsea?

I think that's unfair on Stobart. Do you regularly read his articles or tweets or something like that?

Do you believe that Bale is close to moving to Real Madrid?

Oh i agree he definitely pulls the strings in that team and is the stand out player. Don't you think is more dangerous coming from a cm position and unleashing those devastating shots rather than starting from an am position and threading through balls?

Yeh maybe, I am lost with the whole system now and who is coming who is now I would not even know or start to know what or who to play haha

My head hurts.. My last 10 minutes I have spent wondering whether the current SSN bint tits are lovely big firm titles or saggy titles. They are huge though.

The Irish bird. Transfer bloke, who apparently spoke to someone very close to the deal said that it looks like he'll decide which club to join today, with Chelsea in pole position

12.02pm BST

Big news about Willian's proposed move to the Premier League: word from a very reliable source has just filtered through to Guardian Towers that the Brazilian midfielder will not - repeat not - be moving to Tottenham. Despite completing a medical at White Hart Lane, he is no longer interested in a move to Spurs. In so far as you can presume anything in this game, it would appear he's off to Chelsea instead.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/23/transfer-news-latest-willian-bale-suarez-lamela

If they get rid of Mata it doesn't help us, they've stopped us getting a quality player, probably gained Rooney in that deal and strengthened Man United. All the while we are left behind. It doesn't even out. The natural order is maintained. The reason we have been able to finish above Liverpool for the past few years is in no small part down to the fact that we strategically stop them getting their prime targets. You can't just focus on your own team because you are in a league competing with others and what they do is important. Because we looked like we were seriously strengthening, you can bet the top 4 from last season sat up and thought '****, we need to do better', just like we would if Liverpool or Everton starting looking quite dangerous.

We've made great signings and improved and I'm really happy about it, it should maintain us in at least 5th. But it doesn't mean much overall if our rivals strengthen even more.

Im hoping most of us have grasped the point you're making by now. Please don't be 'utterly depressed' about it. ;)

There's a good silver lining lets not forget. Not many clubs have a player pass through that is so highly regarded that the biggest (stupidest) club in the world want to blow the doors off to acquire his services. It would be easy to be overjoyed when you rake in £40/50million.....but £93m is ridiculous.

It gives us the oppurtunity to really focus on ourselves, no wheeler-dealer trading, drawn out haggling, last minute deal disasters or stop gaps. We can focus on the structure of the squad and our targets with very few constraints.

I get what you're saying about the pecking order, but that is how it is (atm). BUT the one thing the Bale money does do is help us leapfrog that gap. It's a massive one-off oppurtunity and we are lucky to have quality decision makers in place to make those decisions.

Chin-up Brain............at least we are Spurs

(oh and stop saying if we sign lamela we will be weaker, of course we will......only if we replaced Bale with Ronaldo or Messi would we be the same or stronger)

(oh and stop saying if we sign lamela we will be weaker, of course we will......only if we replaced Bale with Ronaldo or Messi would we be the same or stronger)

If the only change we made this summer was to switch Bale for Lamela, then Spurs would be weaker than last season. I don't think anyone - other than Lamela's mum - would disagree with that. But when you take into account all of the other signings we've made this summer; I think we've upgraded more than enough to offset the drop in quality caused by Bale being replaced with Lamela.

Overall, we are a better side this season than we were last. I'd go so far as to suggest we're a considerably better side this season.

Which isn't - of course - to say that I want Bale to leave.

If the only change we made this summer was to switch Bale for Lamela, then Spurs would be weaker than last season. I don't think anyone - other than Lamela's mum - would disagree with that. But when you take into account all of the other signings we've made this summer; I think we've upgraded more than enough to offset the drop in quality caused by Bale being replaced with Lamela.

Overall, we are a better side this season than we were last. I'd go so far as to suggest we're a considerably better side this season.

Which isn't - of course - to say that I want Bale to leave.

But are we better than the other teams?

Rather disappointed, not because I personally think he would be awesome, but AVB has a big interest, would have been interesting to see him get to put his plans in action.

Money talks though, if he's happy to sit some games out on the bench fighting for a spot in the attacking mid roles instead of being pretty much guaranteed first team football with us then that's up to him (or his advisers).

Willbe interesting to see how he does in the PL.

Back