• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If I were

No I would keep Bale and all the others and hopefully finish 5th again. Then I would be able to moan about the club having no ambition and try a get some gratification from Arsenals failures rather that our success. I think I look a lot better with my nose cut off.

I would take it in a shot, the team is in a better state than last year for it

As for bending over to sell, its simple football, there are big clubs and there are smaller clubs, you cant stop Real signing a player like Bale from Spurs as United couldn't with Ronaldo

Very begrudgingly, I'm accepting the exchange of players. Here in North America, I've seen what Bale has done for the club's image. They've become a high-profile team and are being noticed more than ever by fans and media alike. That awareness has grown a sense of admiration for a club that constantly punches above its weight, that has a history of playing with style and has a proper culture about it.

That didn't come from one player, one manager or from one season. But in the case of Bale, he became our lightning burst in a field of gray last year. Without him, we'd have finished mid-table. His goals were pure eye-candy yet we weren't seeing anyone else share that glory. Gone was Van der Vaart and the emotional spark he so often provided. Adebayor was regretably forgetable. Defoe and Lennon had their moments, but few and far between. It's easy to get caught up in everything Bale did and insist he stay. But we need to broaden our base. To rely on one player this season is walking a tightrope.

I always looked at Wigan as a gateway club to the Premier League. Spurs can be viewed as a gateway club to the Champions League. We're good, we're competitive, we're a place to get noticed. If the club can put it all together, the players will achieve CL play as in 2010 by finishing top four. If we can't, CL play will come via getting noticed and being transferred.

So now we've enticed an ambitious and talented group to come to England and play for us in place of Bale and ten guys named Moe(sorry, harsh for effect). I'm under no illusions that if AVB can't meld them into a close, cohesive unit, we might well be looking at further departures next season.

But I put some faith in believing that AVB is well-regarded by many players. He's an ambitious man in the midst of re-habilitating his image as a future superstar manager, something tarnished by his stint at Chelsea. He knows this is the place and the time for him to achieve success. He's been given the money and the moral support to go out and build a side he feels he can win with. And the owners know if he wins, they win as it will bolster their commercial success and drive the stadium project.

So, yeah, I think the current rollover of the squad to compensate for the loss of Bale is acceptable. In saying that, I still wonder if Bale is really going. The build up of new players is certainly a statement of intent, but who'd put it past Levy to make an even greater statement of intent by not only moving the goalposts of this deal, but absolutely tearing them down by keeping Bale?

The club's profile would absolutely rocket.

The summer I remember best had the signing of Klinsmann. This surpasses that. It just keeps getting better and better and the signings are immense. At the beginning of summer all I wanted was to keep hold of Bale and build a team around him. Now I'm simply amazed we've got a brand new team that is better in every aspect. I'll be sad to see Bale go but now I'm not scared by it. It's created a team I feel is the next evolution.

Just a realist mate fed up with same old **** soon as we get a superstar ready to push on Levy sees the £ sign and sells up and yet my season ticket without fail not even debatable goes up in price like clockwork every single year.

This is down to player power not Mr levy seeing pound signs . Bale wants to go end of , luckily for us we have a very strong chairman who can drive the best result for the club . We could have made him stay and honour his contract then see him walk away in 3'years for free . Just like a defender of ours once did . So I think to blame Mr levy is incorrect of you . I feel that he has done what is best for our club , supported AVB in the transfer market and increased our chance to " push on" in the league and in Europe . Would you feel the same way if this squad of players finished 3rd or 2nd in the league or even won it ? I know that with our chairman he has always put what is best for the club first ( I admit not always on the field ) but as a club there are not many better run than ours .

Make no mistake, if we get anywhere near 90M + Contrao, RM has bent over for us, not the other way around. Add the fact that we obviously figured out how to get replacement players in before, as well as have learnt the lesson that WC players can only be replaced by strengthening the team, vs. looking for 1:1 replacement.

So my answer is, would I have liked Bale to stay = yes, understanding 90M is likely the peak of his value, current player power and the draw of RM, would I take the exchange you offered = yes.

See here's the other thing u almost sound proud and chuffed we're receiving a world record fee? I couldn't care less doesn't bother me one bit thing bothers me is he's been sold and most likely we will be weaker than last season yes that's debatable I know and let's see what happens just feels same old to me develop a player and boom sell him when someone else wants em.

I prefer discussing what's actually going on instead of speculations about the feelings about other posters.

To me at least it sounds quite insulting to insinuate that another Spurs fan is proud and chuffed about selling our best player.

Perhaps I could have worded my question differently, but I honestly don't see which part of it made you ask this question. I started a thread early in the transfer window about what people would accept for Bale, close to 50% of the voters voted £100m or lower figures. I honestly don't think your description of the situation is accurate. Feel free to answer my question at some point if you want to discuss what's actually going on instead of speculating about my feelings.

Madrid come knocking we sell. If we had real real ambition we'd tell them where to go tell bale to shut up and keep him. Yeah we've signed some good players and I'm sure we'll sign some more we won't sign any as good as bale or modric any time soon tho.

It's a sign of the times that the only club who currently appear to be able to tempt/afford our players is Real Madrid.

And no way in this world are we bending over and giving in.

Back