• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nicknames

Disco Benny -BAE
Thudd - Huddlestone
Batman -Bale
Kanoute - King K (after King Canute) the K added to differentiate from the real King
Roadrunner - Lennon
360 - Parker
Back pass - Jenas

Y-P Lee was called Wipey.

Going back a bit, Alf Ramsey was The General, John White (and Martin Peters) was The Ghost, John Pratt didn't need a nickname, Darren Anderton was Sicknote.

Darren Anderton's nickname was "Shaggy" due to his resemblance to the Scooby-Doo character. Sicknote wasn't used much by Spurs fans until late on in his career.

Others from that era (mostly obvious)

Justin Edinburgh = Wingnut
Gordon Durie = "Jukebox" Durie
Rosenthal = Rocket Ronnie
Les Ferdinand = Sir Les (Though a few people sat near me used to call him "use" i.e. "Use" Les)
Erik = The Viking

Ginger pele is my fav

I remember the game that started at.
GD had a shocker at cb, but did this lovely little drag back when a striker was closing him down. Then someone had a laugh about 'who do he think he is? Pele?'
The whole of the park lane 'one ginger pele'
It was actually really insulting, but he took it good humour. (Although he try a few more, less successful, flicks and tricks that game). Can't for the life of remember the opposition

I use players first names quite a lot which I know is pretty weird because it's not like I'm on speaking terms with any of them.

I've noticed that Arse and Chels fans do that a lot. Be careful.

E.g. Ash, JT, Frank, Didier...

Who is PSB or 2MP?

My missus always calls Lennon "Little Legs"

Luda calls Bale Gazzy B.

Any other nicknames from the past or suggested ones for current players?

I don't remember what his name was, but one G-G poster used to call Tony Gardner "Snoop" iirc. I think the poster wanted it to catch on, it didn't.

Also a couple of nicknames for players who "almost" joined us: " the sock" and "YKW".

I've noticed that Arse and Chels fans do that a lot. Be careful.

E.g. Ash, JT, Frank, Didier...

The Arsenal Public Announcer reads the player's names out, giving just the first name and letting the crowd finish it off.

Well, at least that was the case a couple of years back. I remember watching Blackburn 0-0 v Arsenal in the FA Cup in which that happened.

YP Lee was Noodles.

In Sydney, we called Modric 'filthy Luka' in reference to filthy lucre (money apparently). No idea why that caught on.

Darren Anderton's nickname was "Shaggy" due to his resemblance to the Scooby-Doo character. Sicknote wasn't used much by Spurs fans until late on in his career.

Others from that era (mostly obvious)

Justin Edinburgh = Wingnut
Gordon Durie = "Jukebox" Durie
Rosenthal = Rocket Ronnie
Les Ferdinand = Sir Les (Though a few people sat near me used to call him "use" i.e. "Use" Les)
Erik = The Viking

Wasn't Dustbin also a (unfortunate) nickname for him?

Back